published Tuesday, December 10th, 2013

UPDATE: Fire damages Cleveland, Tenn., BBQ restaurant

CHATTANOOGA — A Cleveland business went up in flames early Tuesday morning, damaging the kitchen and half of the building. It happened at Stadium BBQ on the corner of 17th Street and Stuart Avenue.

Fire investigators have ruled the fire at Stadium BBQ accidental. They say there was a malfunction on the smoker, which caused natural gas to leak out and cause a small explosion around 1 a.m.

"Pretty regular customer of ours, Clark, called. He lives about a mile away, heard an explosion, turned on the police scanner and heard it was our business on fire," Stadium BBQ Co-owner Barry Schuch said.

View more at our news partner's website, wrcbtv.com.

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.