• Ridgedale Baptist Church, 1831 Hickory Valley Road; 6:30-9 p.m. today; “Evening in Bethlehem” features live nativity scene with four-booth setup showing, among other things, a blacksmith shop and woodworker, and fire-lit streets; 499-9994.
• Faith Connection Church, 6857 Mountain View Road, Ooltewah; 10:30 a.m. Sundays, through Dec. 22; Christmas Around the World services; free; 933-6986 or www.faithconnectionchurch.com.
• International Board of Jewish Missions Headquarters Gartenhause Training Center, 1928 Hamill Road, Hixson; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; Hamilton Baptist Church host for Shining Light Players production of play, “The End of Heaven”; free; 485-3580.
• First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; 6 p.m. Sunday; “Images of Christmas,” concert of traditional carols by choir, organ and professional musicians and projected images of fine art; free; 265-2257 or www.fbcchattanooga.org.
• Heritage Pointe Baptist Church, 60 Dyer Bridge Place Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6 p.m. Sunday; Christmas coffeehouse; free baked goods and drinks; 706-858-0976.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 12:05 p.m. Wednesday; 66th annual Advent Concert Series features performance by Chattanooga Symphony and Opera Woodwind Quintet; free but offering taken ($6 soup lunch available afterward); 266-8195.
• Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 14950 Rhea County Highway North, Evensville, Tenn.; 7 p.m. Wednesdays, through Dec. 18; Advent services; 775-4253.
• Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St.; 7 p.m. Wednesday; musical “Christ is Come” with carols, Stuart Heights Baptist Church choir/orchestra journey through Bethlehem; free tickets at stuartheights.com; 877-2643.
• Christ Methodist Church, 8645 East Brainerd Road.; 7:30 p.m. Tuesday; Christmas With the Metropolitan Bells concert; free but donations accepted; 899-3543, 535-3076 or 504-4679; also, at Brainerd Baptist Church, 300 Brookfield Ave., 7:30 p.m. Thursday.
• Chattanooga First Seventh-day Adventist Church, 7450 Standifer Gap Road; 3 p.m. Sunday; fifth annual “Messiah” Community Sing-Along, with open choral rehearsal 6 p.m. today; free but offering benefits local charities; 605-2468.
• Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church, 612 James Blvd.; 6:30 p.m. Sunday; choir/bells/orchestra/Westminster Singers concert of selections from classical to contemporary to jazz, “Christmasfest 2013: How Great Our Joy!”; free and child care available; 886-2190 or www.signalpres.org.
• Brooks Memorial United Methodist Church, 1543 Mercer St., Lupton City; 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 22; program, “Breath of Heaven” (followed by dessert social); 877-1110.
• Parkway Baptist Temple, 65 Stuart Road, Fort Oglethorpe, Ga.; 6 p.m. Sunday; concert by Dove Award-winning and Grammy Award-nominated group, The Martins; 706-866-0325 or 423-593-6699 or www.martinsonline.com.
• Union Springs Baptist Church, 523 Roberts Mill Road, Hixson, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; gospel concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; free; 421-4269; also, Victory Faith Baptist, 1253 King Edward Ave. S.E., Cleveland, Tenn., 7 p.m. Wednesday, and Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga., 6:30 p.m. Friday (with Marcelus Scott).
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...