• Catoosa County Colonnade, 264 Catoosa Circle, Ringgold, Ga.; 6 p.m. Saturday, March 2; fourth annual Center For Hope spring banquet features messages by Ridgeland High School football coach Mark Mariakis and Hutcheson Medical Center Chief Executive Officer Roger Forgey, music by Michael Lee Stancil and a silent auction; $75 or $500 for table of eight; 706-866-0917 or www.thecenterforhope.org.
• Oakwood Baptist Church, 115 Oakwood St., Chickamauga, Ga.; 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, March 2; regional crisis training, "Sharing Hope in Crisis," by Billy Graham Rapid Response Team chaplains, includes topics such as Mission to Respond, Suffering and Trauma, Message of Hope, Message to Share, Communication to a Diverse Community and Messenger to Serve; $35; www.oakwoodbc.org/sharehopeincrisis.
• Valleybrook Presbyterian Church, 6001 Hixson Pike; 2:30-4 p.m. Sundays, beginning March 3; 13-week DivorceCare class/support group provides resources, help and healing for people enduring separation or divorce; child care available; 843-0314.
• St. Mary's Sewanee: The Ayres Center for Spiritual Development, 770 St. Marys Lane, Sewanee, Tenn.; 6 p.m. CST Friday through 11 a.m. Sunday, March 3; "Poetry Divina: A Celebration of Rumi" explores the poetry of 13th-century scholar and mystic Jelaluddin Rumi and other poets; $325 (includes meals and lodging) or $225 (for commuters); 800-728-1659 or 931-598-5342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Sean Teal, senior pastor of Chattanooga's Friendship Central Community Church since 1998, was installed recently as senior pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Oakland, Calif.
• First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; noon Thursday; Scenic City Women's Network monthly luncheon meeting features the message, "Being Blessed To Be a Blessing in Life and Work," by Patti Harris of The Generosity Trust; reservations deadline Tuesday; 698-6262 or email email@example.com.
• Hurst United Methodist Church, 829 Dallas Road; 10:30 a.m. Friday (registration, 10 a.m.); monthly meeting of Church Women United focuses on immigration for World Day of Prayer.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...