• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24, 6-10 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 also are invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• McMinn County High School class of 1993 is planning a 20-year reunion for Saturday, July 27. A family event will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Athens Regional Park. A reunion dinner will be held that night starting at 6:30 p.m. at Springbrook Golf and Country Club. Classmates should email their updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 1966 class of Riverside High School is holding a class meeting at 3 p.m. today at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information call 698-3760 or 255-7756.
• Members of the Riverside High School class of 1971 are holding a meeting today at 5 p.m. at Greater Tucker Baptist Church, 1115 N. Moore Road, to plan the "Big Six-O Birthday Party." For more information, call 629-5525.
• Tyner High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Saturday, April 20, at 4 p.m. at Amigo's Restaurant at Island Cove Marina, 6701 Highway 58. Information about the reunion can be found on the class website www.tynerhigh1973.com, on Facebook under Tyner High School 1973 Reunion, by calling Mike Mowery at 503-0155.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...