published Sunday, February 24th, 2013

Outreach

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

145
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
AndrewLohr said...

Now that Mr Bennett has spoken in (forked) tongues, here's an interpretation. From wikipedia: "hasta" = until, as in hasta manyana (until tomorrow), hasta la vista (until the sight, until we see each other again). From urbandictionary.com: "la tuya" = yo mamma, or at least, yours with overtones of yo mamma ("la" is feminine); far from a compliment.

Why do they want to come here? Because it's a better country. Why better? They had the great Aztec and other civilizations (massive human sacrifice and war, but impressive pyramids and other infrastructure), overtopped with the great Spanish civilization; lots of natural resources (that Amazon rainforest)...why aren't we sneaking south? Because of evangelical Christianity here. Liberating, hardworking, creative, flawed but aspiring, all with honor to triune Jehovah. Repent of the problems and join the solution.

The best known Hispanic in the US is a Republican, Marco Rubio, joined by Ted Cruz in the Senate. Whether their politics of freedom and respect will outdo the Democrats' plantation (hacienda) policy of buying votes with tax dollars and borrowed money and unfunded promises, we shall see. Liberty versus aristocracy.

February 24, 2013 at 12:48 a.m.
aae1049 said...

That one is really funny....

February 24, 2013 at 12:58 a.m.
Easy123 said...

AndrewLohr,

"why aren't we sneaking south? Because of evangelical Christianity here. Liberating, hardworking, creative, flawed but aspiring, all with honor to triune Jehovah."

Another fallacious argument from you. Christianity in the US is dwindling by the day. Irreligion and Islam has been creeping up on Christianity for many years.

"The best known Hispanic in the US is a Republican, Marco Rubio, joined by Ted Cruz in the Senate."

Everyone knows the best known Hispanic in the US is Jennifer Lopez. I'm sure Alex Rodriguez is a close second.

February 24, 2013 at 1:21 a.m.
fairmon said...

Politicians frequently say we are a land of laws with the greatest judicial system on earth. Do they mean if we don't like a law we just don't enforce it and the judicial system accepts that? Are those knowingly here illegally about to be allowed to benefit from breaking the law? What is the justification other than those cases generating a mountain of sympathy for allowing anyone from any country to remain here illegally? If you want more of something reward it, do we want more illegal immigrants sneaking in? This has nothing to do with those here legally to get a college education remaining here and once the degree is received if there is a need for that skill enable them to achieve citizenship.

Has anyone described an effective plan to secure all borders to assure we are not allowing illegal entry including terrorist? Is it asking too much that effective border security be demonstrated for a sustained period before there is any discussion about changing current immigration or path to citizenship laws?

February 24, 2013 at 4:17 a.m.
alprova said...

What makes more sense, given that this nation is already $16 trillion in debt? Spending an average of $16,000 per person to process someone who is illegally in the United States, or to slap them with a Social Security number and to start taxing them like everyone else?

Fencing, walls, border security personnel and the vehicles needed to patrol 1,700 miles of border is expensive to procure, build and maintain. Where is the money to come from?

Illegal immigration has been net zero for a few years now. The problem is taking care of itself due to our diminished economy.

Legalizing the ones who are here now, who are equally determined to stay makes perfect sense with our Government in dire need of revenue.

If border security is a priority, then bring home the troops from around the world, and make them stand a post along the border, in defense of this nation for once. Problem solved.

February 24, 2013 at 5:54 a.m.
alprova said...

AndrewLohr wrote: "Now that Mr Bennett has spoken in (forked) tongues, here's an interpretation. From wikipedia: "hasta" = until, as in hasta manyana (until tomorrow), hasta la vista (until the sight, until we see each other again). From urbandictionary.com: "la tuya" = yo mamma, or at least, yours with overtones of yo mamma ("la" is feminine); far from a compliment."

Sir, you cannot analyze the Spanish language word by word, like you can English. I assure you the phrase translates perfectly as "Up yours."

Usted realmente necesidad de despedir el vino antes de publicar altas horas de la noche!

"Why do they want to come here?"

Ellos vinieron aquí por trabajo y una fuente de ingresos.

"Because it's a better country."

No tienes ni idea de lo que está hablando

"Why better? They had the great Aztec and other civilizations (massive human sacrifice and war, but impressive pyramids and other infrastructure), overtopped with the great Spanish civilization; lots of natural resources (that Amazon rainforest)...why aren't we sneaking south?"

Muchas personas han salido de los Estados Unidos a retirarse al sur de la frontera.

"Because of evangelical Christianity here. Liberating, hardworking, creative, flawed but aspiring, all with honor to triune Jehovah. Repent of the problems and join the solution."

¡Qué declaración tan tonta. Los hispanos no quieren tener nada que ver con la marca de su cristianismo. La gran mayoría son católicos practicantes.

"The best known Hispanic in the US is a Republican, Marco Rubio, joined by Ted Cruz in the Senate. Whether their politics of freedom and respect will outdo the Democrats' plantation (hacienda) policy of buying votes with tax dollars and borrowed money and unfunded promises, we shall see."

Tú, Señor, son delirantes al extremo.

"Liberty versus aristocracy."

Los hispanos que vienen aquí para mejorar sus vidas. La política no está en sus mentes. Aprenden rápidamente verdadero partido político que se preocupa por su difícil situación.

February 24, 2013 at 6:19 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said.... Legalizing the ones who are here now, who are equally determined to stay makes perfect sense with our Government in dire need of revenue.

Alprova....Are you sure it will be a net positive revenue once the majority are participating in welfare programs? What do you guesstimate the average wage they are working for be?

February 24, 2013 at 6:20 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Nicely done, alprova.

February 24, 2013 at 6:21 a.m.
degage said...

Al, the olny problem with giving them a social security number and having them pay taxes is they are in the 47% that don't pay taxes.

February 24, 2013 at 6:27 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova, your blasphemous words :

"Was Jesus a perfect man while on Earth? Although few and far between, there is scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect."

"Is he perfect now? The Bible does not make that clear."

"Did Jesus deceive or lie? One instance in the New Testament seems to offer that he did"

"The books of the Bible were written by many men. Their testimonies are NOT GOD's word. They are their own."

"If the Bible is accurate and the word of God, then God murdered with premeditation on more than on occasion, untold numbers of men, women, and children, not to mention animal life that existed at the time on this planet."

You have professed to be a Christian, why the charade? Who are you fooling?

February 24, 2013 at 6:28 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

conservative is back to take another one for the team.

February 24, 2013 at 6:35 a.m.
DJHBRAINERD said...

IKEITHLU......I am flyin to key west today...going to do some diving in largo and a couple tanks on the Vandenburg . Saw you were down there can you point me toward a reasonable fishing charter?

February 24, 2013 at 6:38 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Alprova....Are you sure it will be a net positive revenue once the majority are participating in welfare programs?"

This is the problem. People like yourself make assumptions that all illegal immigrants come here for, are to snap up SNAP benefits. You probably believe that most black people in this nation are on welfare too.

Illegals come here to better their lives by seeking work...any work...and because most Americans are simply and undeniably too lazy to do some jobs, they find it easily. A slim minority find themselves on public assistance, if and when they qualify for benefits, and yes...some do.

"What do you guesstimate the average wage they are working for be?"

I truly have no idea what the average illegal immigrant earns. I do know that there are many making much more than minimum wage, especially in our area of the country. I personally know an illegal immigrant family from Guatemala engaged in operating their own U.S. based business, and they are doing well...better than I am, and I wish them nothing but continued success. They have family in Guatemala who are depending on them.

February 24, 2013 at 6:44 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Hey! Don't know much about the charters here, but I'd say start at the Key West Bight Marina in downtown. They had lots of charters, and it seems that you can just walk up and meet the crew (it certainly is true at the Garrison Bight Marina, whose mooring field we are in). Since I have never been on a charter, I am not knowledgeable about them, but the Key West Bight is on the west side, and gives easy access to deep water offshore/Gulf Stream. Conditions are beautiful this weekend, great for offshore diving. Getting back on the boat after a dive will be easy-winds are very mild. Have fun!

February 24, 2013 at 6:45 a.m.
alprova said...

Ikeithlu wrote "Nicely done, alprova."

¡gracias

February 24, 2013 at 6:46 a.m.
fairmon said...

American companies are moving to Mexico for cheaper labor. American companies employ illegals for cheaper labor. American unemployment is 15% of those that should be in the work force with an official unemployment admitted to being a number 2X the desired rate. Inflation, excluding fuel and food, according to the government is not a problem. What do the majority of those with an income under $50,000 per year spend most of their money on? Hell, just open the borders up and let them in and bring the Mexican drug cartel, their biggest industry, with them. This would put their people smugglers out of business and do away with the cost of border protection. So what if an occasional terrorist comes in, we aren't stopping them anyway. When your heart keeps swelling up like a pea it will at some point burst.

February 24, 2013 at 6:47 a.m.
DJHBRAINERD said...

Thank you, I haven't done any fishing down there so wasn't sure the best way to go about it. I may do the flats off Islamarada on my way back from largo. Going to finish up the wreck treck if conditions stay calm. I have seen all the charters where you are at but I like to stay in old town near the cemetary so I'll certainly ask around or pedal around the warf and see what's up. Thank again and take it Keysee

February 24, 2013 at 6:50 a.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "You have professed to be a Christian, why the charade? Who are you fooling?"

Usted no comprenden Inglés, así que voy a estar respondiendo en español.

No me importa lo que nadie piense de mí, especialmente para usted.

La única persona jugando charadas, es usted mismo.Por favor, no dude en ponerse de rodillas, fruncir los labios, y se han divertido besar mi trasero.

February 24, 2013 at 6:54 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

take it Keysee

Like

February 24, 2013 at 6:59 a.m.
jesse said...

Guns ,drugs and illegals all in the same category,too far intrenched to eliminate !

Maybe get enough of a handle on them to regulate them to some extent ,about all that can be done.

February 24, 2013 at 7 a.m.
fairmon said...

Alprova said...

This is the problem. People like yourself make assumptions that all illegal immigrants come here for, are to snap up SNAP benefits. You probably believe that most black people in this nation are on welfare too.

Wrong...not all are eligible for SNAP benefits but a high percent will be. The question was are you confident the impact will be revenue positive once they, those eligible, are not afraid to apply for assistance? Unfortunately a disproportionate number of blacks need assistance due to a lot of factors including our pp education system. Americans are not too lazy to do those jobs if they paid a decent wage, more than they can get from welfare.

February 24, 2013 at 7 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Wrong...not all are eligible for SNAP benefits but a high percent will be."

Eligible or not, most will not apply for benefits. They come here to seek work, and by God they will work for their food if work finds them.

Your perceptions are not their reality.

"The question was are you confident the impact will be revenue positive once they, those eligible, are not afraid to apply for assistance?"

Sir, you obviously are not up to speed on your average illegal immigrant. Their culture is such that they have every desire to exchange their labor for money. They are not deadbeats by default, no matter how badly you want to believe them to be.

"Unfortunately a disproportionate number of blacks need assistance due to a lot of factors including our pp education system."

But there's no way under heaven that discrimination has a thing at all to do with it, eh?

"Americans are not too lazy to do those jobs if they paid a decent wage, more than they can get from welfare."

That's bull crap and you know it. For instance, are you predisposed to picking watermelons, apples, or any other item of produce, that must be done by hand? Could you, or would you do such back-breaking work for 20 bucks an hour?

Most people wouldn't last a half hour in a field, including myself, for any amount of money.

February 24, 2013 at 7:22 a.m.
alprova said...

degage wrote: "Al, the olny problem with giving them a social security number and having them pay taxes is they are in the 47% that don't pay taxes."

You and I have sparred over this very subject more than once, and I don't intend to enter into a pissing contest today, but the simple fact is that most illegal immigrants pay taxes, whether legal or not.

Employers who hire them do not have any desire to be placed under a microscope by the IRS for any reason, so they deduct taxes, Social Security, and Medicare from their checks. Most do not file for refunds, even when they are entitled to them.

I'm fully aware that some play the game by claiming dependents that do not exist, but most know that such a claim also draws the attention of the IRS, if no tax returns are filed, but the vast majority have income taxes deducted from their checks and never file for a refund for a cent of what is paid in.

You want to know why it is that our Federal Government is not hot on deportation of immigrants? There's your reason right there.

The fact is that most of them DO...right now...contribute to society. They also have to live like any other American and they spend lots of what they make right here in the United States, thus stimulating the economy like all of the rest of us.

It is prohibitively expensive to even think of rounding them up and deporting them. Republicans and their cheerleaders can whoop, hollar, and eat pinto beans for all anyone cares. Illegals are not going anywhere and fast, so it would be far more productive to get on board with having them around, than it ever will be to whine, moan, and wish they would go away.

February 24, 2013 at 7:37 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova, you will have to answer for this blasphemy :

"Your belief in the Bible as a literal work of God locks you into the belief that God is a mass-murder, whether you admit it or not. My belief that the Bible is not the word of God, and instead is the work of many men, frees me from that belief."

Why do you profess to be a Christian? Why the charade?

February 24, 2013 at 7:45 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

alprova, you will have to answer for this blasphemy

To who? You? The man cleaned your clock, and you don't have the wits to recognize it.

Aren't you supposed to be in church this morning?

February 24, 2013 at 7:51 a.m.
degage said...

Al, you are a business man, when your employees fill out the dependents do you take out taxes based on the amount of dependents claimed or do your employees get a 1099 and are expected to pay their own?

You are correct employers take out social security and medicare. But can only take out taxes based on the dependents claimed. I worked for a business with many states involved and had to go to classes on what I could and couldn't do as far as hiring, one of the couldn't do was tell anyone how many dependents they could claim. I could tell them what would happen if they lied but that was as far as I could go.

February 24, 2013 at 8:04 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Andrew said... "...overtopped with the great Spanish civilization;"

You are a riot! Is that what we're gonna call it now, overtopped? LOL The Conquistadors overtopped them? So, we "overtopped" them in the southwest after we "overtopped" the Native Americans to the east? Christ on the warpath, Andrew, I guess the Cherokee should be thanking us! Sounds more like our "great civilizations" underbottomed them!

February 24, 2013 at 8:10 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

The Spanish were successful in the new world because they had:

horses guns smallpox

Probably more because of smallpox than anything else. Christianity had nothing to do with it, unless god wanted 95% of native americans to die of disease.

February 24, 2013 at 8:13 a.m.
whatsthefuss said...

hey alpo,

Perhaps you would be kind enough to translate a phrase for me since you are such a brilliant Spanish linguist. I have forever wondered what it means in plain English.

Buenas penis mi crotcho.

Thanks for the help in advance. You are just swell!

February 24, 2013 at 8:33 a.m.
dude_abides said...

Maybe I can help, whatsthefuss... loosely translated, it means your penis is the size of a crouton.

http://bookbinderlocal455.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/crouton.bmp

February 24, 2013 at 9:08 a.m.
whatsthefuss said...

dude_

We all may now assume you are a fan of the crouton and love to eat them. Perhaps we can simply refer to you from now on as The Big Leblowski? Sweet how you Down Low folks stick up for each other.

February 24, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.
News_Junkie said...

It is very significant that Mitt Romney only garnered 27% of the Hispanic vote. Given that they are one of the fastest growing segments of voters, that does not bode well for Republicans vying for the Presidency in the future.

February 24, 2013 at 10:20 a.m.
dude_abides said...

whatsthefuss... No rebuttal on the translation? (must be apt) You're the one that has "forever wondered" about the subject, so... I don't know what you mean by "Down Low" people. Would that be anyone who is not a Doomsday Prepper?

February 24, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.
Maximus said...

Clay you are an ignorant idiot spoiled military brat doodler living in your Mother's basement. Get a real job for Christ's sake! Yours truly, Senator Marco Rubio

P.S. Chattanooga has some very nice vo-tech schools.

February 24, 2013 at 11 a.m.
fairmon said...

Alprova..

I may be up to speed on the typical immigrant more than you limited Dalton view. I do know most of them will work but I also know they know the system well, they have people that coach them.

I not only am I predisposed to doing the work you described I did it for a lot less in my younger school days. I know a lot of people that did and I know those that could and would now if the pay was decent. The transit labor used are not paid as well or treated as well as they should be. I am surprised you condone any human being treated like they are. Every American is not in the poor shape and health you enjoy.

You think it is a net positive I think the opposite, that is just the way it is and the way we will leave it.

February 24, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.
Maximus said...

Alprova...thanks for the clarification on the upcoming Obama 100 City Tour focused on urban revitalization. 100 days or 100 cities it makes no difference....WHAT PART OF WE CAN'T AFFORD IT DO THESE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND? Government urban renewal built crime infested projects all over the country including Chattanooga. The problem with Obama and his team is that they think we, the American people, cannot get along without government support and that we wake up every morning thinking about them. Obama is a simple minded Marxist welfare pimp without vision especially since David Axelrod, his PR thug, has gone to work for CNBC. What does that tell you about the current Marxist fueled third estate? Obama sleeps with CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, and the New York Times, which I think owns the Times Free Press, every night. We live in dangerous times, dangerous time indeed.

February 24, 2013 at 12:23 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Alprova..I may be up to speed on the typical immigrant more than you limited Dalton view. I do know most of them will work but I also know they know the system well, they have people that coach them."

"My limited Dalton view?" That's rich. How long did it take you to come up with that?

"I not only am I predisposed to doing the work you described I did it for a lot less in my younger school days."

I'm calling BS on that one. You're going to have to run a long way to ever attempt to convince me that you picked watermelons for a living at any time in your life.

Aren't you the guy who claims to have worked in management of several Fortune 500 companies and an international traveler to boot?

"I know a lot of people that did and I know those that could and would now if the pay was decent."

Sure you do. Your perceptions expressed in here routinely define you as someone who has all kinds of lower income class friends.

"The transit labor used are not paid as well or treated as well as they should be. I am surprised you condone any human being treated like they are."

Oh I see...we're going to pull out the high and mighty card, are we? Harp, my friend, you truly are out of touch with people who earn their living picking produce. The people who do it, do it very willing, and they earn far more than you realize.

And whether you like it or not, working in the fields picking produce, is honest work exchanged for wages, one does it willingly these days, without being forced to do it, and I have the utmost respect for any person who does it for a living, no matter what they earn while doing it.

If what they earn means that I, as a taxpayer, have to kick in a few bucks every now and then to see to it that they and their children have enough to eat, then so be it. I'm happy to do it.

You can look down your nose at them all day long, if you so choose, but don't think for one second that your perceptions are anyone else's reality.

"Every American is not in the poor shape and health you enjoy."

Nice cheap shot, as misplaced as it is.

Who said I was in poor shape? In my younger days, I was as stout as an ox. I did physical labor routinely until I was in my early forties. I admit that I am not physically able to work in a field picking produce, and probably never have been. That's some hard work. I doubt that you are too.

"You think it is a net positive I think the opposite, that is just the way it is and the way we will leave it."

One or the other is a fact, and I can back up my position very strongly. The number of illegal immigrants flowing into this nation, versus those who have returned home voluntarily has resulted in no rise in the numbers of illegal immigrants for at least two years.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/01/2980208/jeb-bush-says-illegal-immigration.html

February 24, 2013 at 12:56 p.m.
joneses said...

Bennett gets more disgusting with his hate filled lies everyday. Bennett mush be one miserable SOB.

February 24, 2013 at 12:57 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova, you will have to answer for this blasphemy :

"Was Jesus a perfect man while on Earth? Although few and far between, there is scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect."

Why the charade of calling yourself a Christian?

February 24, 2013 at 1:03 p.m.
alprova said...

maximus wrote: "Alprova...thanks for the clarification on the upcoming Obama 100 City Tour focused on urban revitalization."

You're welcome. I believe that the truth is important.

"100 days or 100 cities it makes no difference....WHAT PART OF WE CAN'T AFFORD IT DO THESE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND?"

It's not you, for the most part, who will be paying a dime towards the cost of these inner city projects. Many people feel that we cannot afford not to revitalize America.

"Government urban renewal built crime infested projects all over the country including Chattanooga."

I'm quite sure that the many tourists that I have had opportunity to meet over the years, would have stark disagreement with you. Chattanooga is one city of many that have transformed their downtown areas into ones are attractive, pleasant, crime-free, and that draw a whole lot of money from out of state, and that offer a much higher quality of life for their residents.

"The problem with Obama and his team is that they think we, the American people, cannot get along without government support and that we wake up every morning thinking about them."

As opposed to a Government that previously expressed not an ounce of service to the people? I'll take Obama any day of the week and twice on Sunday, as opposed to GWB whose only mission in life was to go around blowing up other sovereign nations to keep war profiteers in the lifestyle they have become accustomed to.

"Obama is a simple minded Marxist welfare pimp [blah blah blah]..."

Oh well...you're return from insanity and your racist leanings lasted about a minute.

February 24, 2013 at 1:14 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "alprova, you will have to answer for this blasphemy :"

I owe you nothing. Not even this response. You are just another asswipe with an opinion on the subject of religion...nothing more and nothing less.

"Was Jesus a perfect man while on Earth? Although few and far between, there is scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect."

And again, you fail to include the scripture I cited that proves that Jesus himself did not consider himself to be perfect and without sin.

"Why the charade of calling yourself a Christian?"

Why are you so enamored with whether or not I am a Christian? With every post, you are proving yourself to be sliding down the hill towards total lunacy.

Please...get some help with that problem you have. Tend to your own soul and I'll tend to mine.

And as always, you are free as a bird to disprove my statements at any time you dare attempt to try.

February 24, 2013 at 1:25 p.m.
alprova said...

joneses wrote: "Bennett gets more disgusting with his hate filled lies everyday."

Well...if the responses from some in here today are proof of anything, I'd say that his cartoon has hit the nail on the head...once again.

"Bennett mush be one miserable SOB."

Uh no...that would be you and those like you, who never have a nice word to say about anyone else, unless again, they are like you.

It's a pathetic world that you reside in, filled with small-minded people, who live with hate in their hearts, and continuously point their fingers at others, never once looking at the four fingers staring right back at them.

February 24, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova said...

conservative wrote: "alprova, you will have to answer for this blasphemy :"

I owe you nothing. Not even this response. You are just another asswipe with an opinion on the subject of religion...nothing more and nothing less.

"Was Jesus a perfect man while on Earth? Although few and far between, there is scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect."

And again, you fail to include the scripture I cited that proves that Jesus himself did not consider himself to be perfect and without sin.

==============================

Did you actually think I meant that you will answer to me?

Why the charade of claiming to be a Christian alprova?

February 24, 2013 at 1:57 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Why the charade of a) being the authority on Christianity b)caring about what other people believe and c) assuming others give a rat's a$$ what you think?

February 24, 2013 at 2 p.m.
Maximus said...

Alprova......well um Republican Mayor and now Super Senator Bob Corker renewed downtown Chatt. Other than that we have a few historic sites that people like to see, a nice aquarium, and a nice river front other than that Chatt is a city of low expectations and women that rate about a 6 on a good day. Just the fact that you will take Obama over either Bush makes you such a weak geek that it is embarrasing for me to even respond to you. I and that some people need government assistance and you are most likely one of those that use the safety net as a hammock and hide behind government to mask your own personal failures in the private sector. Oh well, gotta go, watching the Daytona 500 with some Rich Republican Profiteer Friends. Smokin cigars, drinkin Johnny Blue, and huggin on the hotties. Life is good when you are a Republican no matter who the furkin president is. Furk Obamer The Welfare Pussy.

February 24, 2013 at 2:22 p.m.
degage said...

Ike hardly any one reads cons post. And I think Al must be getting paid for his post by the word. We read about one paragraph then skip over the rest. Sometimes I scroll down to see how long it is then continue to the next post if the post is really long. I can't think of any reason he couldn't say what he has to say in less words than he is getting paid by the word.

February 24, 2013 at 2:24 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

I disagree-Alprova does a better job than most in explaining, supporting and documenting what he says here. Conservative is annoying but poking him is entertaining. It's either that or paint the boat, and I'm tired of painting!

February 24, 2013 at 2:28 p.m.
degage said...

I understanding the painting thing. That is never ending, get used to it. If I was to ever have another boat it wouldn't have any teak. Of course our boating days are over, 18 years aboard is enough. I do miss the friendships you make everywhere you go.

February 24, 2013 at 2:43 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Indeed; we have met the neatest people! And you are probably right about connie. Even painting is more interesting. A steel boat always needs paint, so overboard I go.

February 24, 2013 at 2:50 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "Did you actually think I meant that you will answer to me?"

You're the only person posting that I will be answering for what YOU deem blasphemy, are you not?

"Why the charade of claiming to be a Christian alprova?"

(Sigh...) You are totally pathetic.

February 24, 2013 at 3:21 p.m.
conservative said...

You will answer to the Lord Jesus Christ for this blasphemy :

"Was Jesus a perfect man while on Earth? Although few and far between, there is scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect."

"And again, you fail to include the scripture I cited that proves that Jesus himself did not consider himself to be perfect and without sin."

Why do you keep on with this charade of claiming to be a Christian?

Who do you think you are fooling?

February 24, 2013 at 3:30 p.m.
alprova said...

maximus wrote: "Alprova......well um Republican Mayor and now Super Senator Bob Corker renewed downtown Chatt."

He was one of many that contributed to what is now an attractive city. Most of it was spearheaded by private enterprise.

"Other than that we have a few historic sites that people like to see, a nice aquarium, and a nice river front other than that Chatt is a city of low expectations and women that rate about a 6 on a good day."

Based on what criteria? Did you just pull that off the top of your head?

"Just the fact that you will take Obama over either Bush makes you such a weak geek that it is embarrasing for me to even respond to you."

What you should be embarrassed about is your false claim to have a higher degree in education than that of a high school graduate, and your propensity to dispense lie after lie.

"I and that some people need government assistance and you are most likely one of those that use the safety net as a hammock and hide behind government to mask your own personal failures in the private sector."

I'm not sure after reading that sentence if you were admitting that you were dependent on the Gov't or if you were accusing me of being dependent on the Gov't.

Sir, I'm 54 years of age, and to date, with the exception of drawing unemployment compensation one time in my life for a period of 12 weeks between January and April of 2009, I have never received a dime of support from the Gov't.

"Oh well, gotta go, watching the Daytona 500 with [blah blah blah]"

Save the lies for someone who does not know that you are a pathological fibber.

February 24, 2013 at 3:42 p.m.
alprova said...

conservative wrote: "You will answer to the Lord Jesus Christ for this blasphemy"

How nice of you to finally clarify that. Whew!! What a relief it is to finally discover that I will not be answering to you. You're simply too judgmental to offer me a fair trial.

"Why do you keep on with this charade of claiming to be a Christian?"

I would ask you the same question, but I don't care one way or the other what you believe or don't believe.

"Who do you think you are fooling?"

Sé que te gusta pensar que Dios te ha constituido Señor y Salvador, pero el hecho es que sólo eres un hombre con una opinión.

Por favor, rellene sus opiniones donde el sol no brilla

February 24, 2013 at 4:01 p.m.
jesse said...

esta casa esta' llena de mierda toro!!

February 24, 2013 at 4:08 p.m.
degage said...

Al, the race has been boring, looks like a frieght train going round and round and to many ads. But so far Pactrick has not done to bad.

February 24, 2013 at 4:10 p.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You will answer to the Lord Jesus Christ for this blasphemy :

"Was Jesus a perfect man while on Earth? Although few and far between, there is scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect."

"And again, you fail to include the scripture I cited that proves that Jesus himself did not consider himself to be perfect and without sin."

Why do you keep on with this charade of claiming to be a Christian?

Who do you think you are fooling?

February 24, 2013 at 4:44 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

February 24, 2013 at 4:50 p.m.
fairmon said...

Alpo...I shouldn't care what you believe but I can assure you I picked water melons, strawberries, apples, grapes and baled hay when you man handled the square bales and was paid the going rate, not a lot. A lot of incentive to attend college and not do that for a life time, few could do that. I did work with and still do part time with some fortune 500 companies. The only travel outside the U.S. was Canada and Mexico, I have and still decline request to travel to other countries.

Have you seen migrant workers living condition and do you know what and how they are paid? Have you visited towns in Arizona, California and Texas with more illegals than they have work? I rather pay more for the products to make sure those doing the sweat work are paid decently than to pay more taxes to an inefficient and wasteful government to supplement those not paid a livable wage. None of the proposed laws stop the flow of illegals when they see what those here gain.

alpo said...The number of illegal immigrants flowing into this nation, versus those who have returned home voluntarily has resulted in no rise in the numbers of illegal immigrants for at least two years.

How can we know this for sure when we can't find them to address their illegal status? The only law that will work and create an exodus might be a severe penalty, including jail time and extreme fines, for anyone that employs anyone that is here illegally. Those employing domestics knowing or should know they are illegally should be included.

February 24, 2013 at 4:56 p.m.
fairmon said...

The fact that not one post or opinion expressed here will change anything is a good thing. The post here does explain how those making stupid decisions and driving this country at break neck speed to bankruptcy got elected. Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride since future generations will pay for it so why not?

February 24, 2013 at 5:02 p.m.
dude_abides said...

fairmon said... "None of the proposed laws stop the flow of illegals..."

fairmon said... "...enjoy the ride since future generations will pay for it so why not?"

Sounds like they'll all be illegal immigrants, so it works out!

February 24, 2013 at 6:47 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Alpo...I shouldn't care what you believe but I can assure you I picked water melons, strawberries, apples, grapes and baled hay when you man handled the square bales and was paid the going rate, not a lot."

Okey dokey...that's your story and you're sticking to it.

"Have you seen migrant workers living condition and do you know what and how they are paid?"

Regardless of what anyone can cite, the conditions offered and accepted are voluntary 100% and they are glad to get them.

"Have you visited towns in Arizona, California and Texas with more illegals than they have work?"

My last trips through those three states was about four years ago, but I was not intimately involved with anything having to do with farm labor, and neither are you.

"I rather pay more for the products to make sure those doing the sweat work are paid decently than to pay more taxes to an inefficient and wasteful government to supplement those not paid a livable wage."

Well Harp, I hate to break the news to you, but add this to the many things on your list of things that are never likely to happen. Agriculture workers have always been exempt from FLSA and nothing is going to change that.

So I guess that some of your tax dollars will continue to go to assisting those in need, over and above your objections.

"None of the proposed laws stop the flow of illegals when they see what those here gain."

Compared to where most of them come from, and the futures that await them if they do not come here, they feel like millionaires, and if allowed to work here long enough, the retire to their homelands virtual millionaires.

"How can we know this for sure when we can't find them to address their illegal status? The only law that will work and create an exodus might be a severe penalty, including jail time and extreme fines, for anyone that employs anyone that is here illegally. Those employing domestics knowing or should know they are illegally should be included."

And given that there are a number of states that have cracked down on employers who do employ illegal immigrants, that too goes to explain the net zero trend as well.

We disagree on the need for immigrants. I think we need a whole bunch of them, to embrace as ready made tax-payers. Americans are no longer having broods of kids any longer. Something has got to be done to keep a ratio of taxpayers to those who draw Government benefits once they reach retirement age.

It's a solution to a pending problem. This is another good reason why the Federal Government is not hot on reversing or eliminating immigration, both legal and illegal.

It's going to distress some people immensely, but white folk are about to become the new minority in this nation and nothing will prevent it. They sure as heck had better learn to be a little more gracious, or life is going to be quite tough for those that don't.

February 24, 2013 at 7:15 p.m.
Easy123 said...

sTUpid,

"Tu: If they’re “come(ing) here to improve their lives” wouldn’t that prove that we are the “better country”and that “you have no idea what you're talking about”… LMFaO !!"

No, it wouldn't prove that. It's a non sequitur. Being able to improve your life has nothing to do with how much "better" the country is. People can improve their lives in any number of ways. It doesn't mean the place they live in is better.

"Tu: B.S. !! Neither “political party… cares about their plight” as they only care about how they can exploit them for political advantage."

Wrong again. There is obviously one party that deals better with minorities and women than the other. To deny that is to deny facts.

February 24, 2013 at 7:16 p.m.
patriot1 said...

Why do we always crack down on the employer who gives them a job? Why not crack down on the school that admits their little ones or the medical center that treats them. Should they not at least share in the responsibility of exposing them? We pin that on the employer, most likely a private sector employer.

February 24, 2013 at 7:27 p.m.
degage said...

Al, why wouldn't you believe fairmon.? You claim to be an employer then today you tell us you collected unemployment in 2009. You collected unemployment because you laid yourself off? Now We can say we don't believe you are an employer no matter what you say. You see It works both ways.

February 24, 2013 at 8:27 p.m.
Easy123 said...

degage,

"You collected unemployment because you laid yourself off? Now We can say we don't believe you are an employer no matter what you say. You see It works both ways."

That doesn't make sense at all. Just because someone collected unemployment 4 years ago doesn't mean they couldn't be an employer now. You premise is totally ignoring the fact that people change jobs, lose their jobs, businesses fail, etc. Your premise is illogical. Try again.

February 24, 2013 at 8:38 p.m.
degage said...

Easy, you don't understand much do you. I was using that to show Al he was being nasty. He has no reason except to be nasty to not believe fairmon. He want us to except everything he says but he more than once has done what he did to Fairmon. Why should we believe him or you for that matter cause you do the same thing. AS far as you and Al are concerned anyone with a different opinion couldn't possibly be right.

February 24, 2013 at 9:04 p.m.
Easy123 said...

degage,

"you don't understand much do you."

I understand you fairly well actually. You, on the other hand, tend to have a hard time understanding a lot of things especially the truth

"I was using that to show Al he was being nasty."

So you were intentionally being fallacious to prove a point to alprova? That also makes no sense. Alprova wasn't being nasty. He isn't obligated to take anyone at their word.

"He has no reason except to be nasty to not believe fairmon."

What is nasty about questioning someone's honesty? As I said, no one here is obligated to take anyone at their word.

"He want us to except everything he says but he more than once has done what he did to Fairmon."

Alprova has never made one mention or plea for anyone to "except" (sic) anything he says. You aren't obligated to take anyone at their word.

"Why should we believe him or you for that matter cause you do the same thing."

You have absolutely no clue that your argument just imploded. You just chastised Alprova for being skeptical of fairmon when you are just as skeptical of us. You're either a hypocrite or highly illogical. From my experience with you, it's a mixture of both.

No one has to believe anyone here and that's been my point all along. Just like alprova doesn't have to believe fairmon or you don't have to believe me. It isn't being nasty, as you have suggested. It's being skeptical and honest. However, once you or anyone else start ignoring or dismissing facts, then we have a problem. That tends to be the moment when that individual is labeled ignorant. Alprova has stated it well before and I quote: "You are entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts."

"AS far as you and Al are concerned anyone with a different opinion couldn't possibly be right."

You rarely are and I can back that up. Alprova, much like myself, tends to support what he says with facts. You and your ilk rarely, if ever, do that. You rely on propaganda, conspiracy theories, WingNut talking points, lies, falsehoods, misinformation, and conjecture to make your points and support your fallacious/incorrect/dishonest arguments.

February 24, 2013 at 9:18 p.m.
alprova said...

degage wrote: "Al, why wouldn't you believe fairmon.?"

Really now....a white man who claims to have picked produce for a living? Perhaps a few from the family garden, but there's no way the man worked as a migrant worker for a commercial farm picking acres and acres a day.

"You claim to be an employer then today you tell us you collected unemployment in 2009. You collected unemployment because you laid yourself off?"

You pay attention, but not completely. I was an employer for many years until December 2005, when I sold that business and took a cushy job with benefits that I was let go from on Obama inauguration day 2009 (January 20). I opened another business on the 1st of December 2011.

"Now We can say we don't believe you are an employer no matter what you say."

It's all in the archives. I've been around in here for several years. My stories never change, for they are the truth.

"You see It works both ways."

Of course, you are free to believe what you wish, however, unlike other people, I care not what that is. I yam what I yam and that's all there is to it.

February 24, 2013 at 10:07 p.m.
alprova said...

degage wrote: "I was using that to show Al he was being nasty. He has no reason except to be nasty to not believe fairmon."

I wasn't being nasty. After 20 years of making the statement that Americans are too lazy to work as produce pickers for any amount of money, he is the first person to have popped up to protest that statement by claiming to have been such an American. Of course I view it with skepticism.

"He want us to except everything he says but he more than once has done what he did to Fairmon."

I don't care what others believe about what I offer in regard to myself. It's no skin off my nose either way.

"Why should we believe him or you for that matter cause you do the same thing. AS far as you and Al are concerned anyone with a different opinion couldn't possibly be right."

This was not about a matter of opinion. I hardly ever challenge anyone on their opinion, unless it is provably false. When people lay claim to being something that is ridiculous and so remote a possibility, I call B.S. You do too, and have several times.

I'm sure that I am not the only one to notice that Harp has not come back to clarify his claim with details, like the year or years that he worked as a produce picker, location(s), something...anything that would lend a little more credibility to the claim.

Harp dropped what I like to coin a turd, to bolster his position that Americans would work in commercial farming doing manual labor if it paid worth a darn. White people, and black people for that matter, work at places like McDonald's when they enter the working world...they don't aspire to picking produce to work their way through college.

Tell me degage, does Harp strike you as someone being honest when he lays claim to have worked at anytime in his life as a commercial produce picker? There are a number of people that I could believe have roots that go back to the family farm, but not Harp.

February 24, 2013 at 10:21 p.m.
alprova said...

jesse wrote: "esta casa esta' llena de mierda toro!!"

Keep it clean...that one was borderline...

February 24, 2013 at 10:47 p.m.
alprova said...

patriot1 wrote: "Why do we always crack down on the employer who gives them a job? Why not crack down on the school that admits their little ones or the medical center that treats them."

But of course, kick the kids around for the actions of their parents and deny someone medical care when they are ill or injured?

Do you realize how inhuman that sounds? And you wonder why Clay posted the cartoon above?

"Should they not at least share in the responsibility of exposing them? We pin that on the employer, most likely a private sector employer."

Exposing them? You take for granted what they leave their homelands to seek. I'm appalled at how uncaring some people truly come across sometimes.

Pure desperation causes people to illegally immigrate into this nation. Try stepping in their shoes for just a moment, every now and then, to open your heart to the idea that these people are brave beyond words to leave a world of familiarity for one where they are totally a fish out of water.

February 24, 2013 at 11:12 p.m.
alprova said...

I missed this gem earlier today...

Fairmon wrote: "American companies are moving to Mexico for cheaper labor. American companies employ illegals for cheaper labor. American unemployment is 15% of those that should be in the work force with an official unemployment admitted to being a number 2X the desired rate."

What is missing from the above is any proof that illegal immigrants are employed in jobs that Americans would work at if given the opportunity.

It's not necessarily employers seeking cheap labor. I'm sure that there are some out there that do exploit illegals in that manner, but the vast majority of workers from the illegal immigrant workforce fill a void left by Americans who reject certain jobs.

"Inflation, excluding fuel and food, according to the government is not a problem."

I would tend to agree with that. People can spend as much or as little as they want for what they need these days. They aren't necessarily for goods produced in the U.S., but the poor can easily find ways to afford whatever it is they truly need.

"What do the majority of those with an income under $50,000 per year spend most of their money on?"

The basics.

"Hell, just open the borders up and let them in and bring the Mexican drug cartel, their biggest industry, with them. This would put their people smugglers out of business and do away with the cost of border protection."

Marijuana is all but legalized, taxed, and controlled much like tobacco in several states. What will that do to the illegal drug trade? It's a positive in my opinion, and long past time.

"So what if an occasional terrorist comes in, we aren't stopping them anyway."

That is true. If someone has the desire to harm Americans, it's gonna happen.

"When your heart keeps swelling up like a pea it will at some point burst."

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but having compassion for your fellow man, no matter their particular lot in life, will never be the wrong thing to do, in this life or beyond.

February 24, 2013 at 11:40 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "American companies are moving to Mexico for cheaper labor. American companies employ illegals for cheaper labor. American unemployment is 15% of those that should be in the work force with an official unemployment admitted to being a number 2X the desired rate."

What is missing from the above is any proof that illegal immigrants are employed in jobs that Americans would work at if given the opportunity.

*There is no proof Americans would not do those jobs if they were paid a decent wage and weren't able to live as well not working as they do working. Immigrants would pass on those jobs also if they had the same access to freebies as Americans. It sounds as though you have no concern regarding how illegals are exploited as indicated by your statement...Regardless of what anyone can cite, the conditions offered and accepted are voluntary 100% and they are glad to get them.

.

"What do the majority of those with an income under $50,000 per year spend most of their money on?"

The basics.

  • The basics being Shelter, food, clothing and fuel. Including those in the CPI paints a different picture. High gas prices are a major tax on those working lower income jobs.

"So what if an occasional terrorist comes in, we aren't stopping them anyway."

That is true. If someone has the desire to harm Americans, it's gonna happen.

*I am glad you are not an influential member of those detecting and preventing numerous terrorist events. Closing the borders would not make it impossible but reduce opportunities and make it much more difficult to enter the U.S.

"When your heart keeps swelling up like a pea it will at some point burst."

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but having compassion for your fellow man, no matter their particular lot in life, will never be the wrong thing to do, in this life or beyond.

  • Gracious...indulgent or beneficent in a pleasantly condescending way, especially to inferiors. You responded that the white race must be more gracious, I now see what you meant. I assume you consider yourself gracious?

I have no compassion for law breakers and criminals. For each heart touching story there is an equal or greater number where crimes against Americans are committed. Managed immigration can be an asset but uncontrolled it is not.

BTW...I never said I worked as migrant worker gathering crops but I did work on local farms some times 7 days a week when growing up doing those things listed for little pay but I did learn to work a full day, be responsible and accountable. We were poor but didn't know it and didn't seek or get hand outs from the government. I think it would be a good experience for kids today instead of X-box and video games. I won't provide as much personal detail as you at times elect to do regardless of whether you or anyone believes what I say or not.

February 25, 2013 at 6:30 a.m.
fairmon said...

fairmon said..."Inflation, excluding fuel and food, according to the government is not a problem."

alprova responded....I would tend to agree with that. People can spend as much or as little as they want for what they need these days. They aren't necessarily for goods produced in the U.S., but the poor can easily find ways to afford whatever it is they truly need.

Why so many welfare programs if this is an accurate conclusion?

February 25, 2013 at 6:32 a.m.
jesse said...

Alprova, Are you serious???

February 25, 2013 at 6:37 a.m.
joneses said...

Bennett is using a typical liberal tactic by lying to get the hispanics to hate Republicans. It worked with the Blacks in America and hopefully the hispanics are smart enough not to fall for this lie. The truth is the liberals/dummycrats actually hate blacks and the hispanics and think they are superior to them and will promise them everything and use them just to get their votes. It is actually disgusting their racism and how they use other races by offering them false hope.

February 25, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.
raygunz said...

Day-yam joneses you've figured out the secret plan!

Now all you need to do is get to work informing and educating those poor blacks and hispanics as to what's REALLY going on.

February 25, 2013 at 8:30 a.m.
whatsnottaken said...

So much hate from Tooney. Sad.

February 25, 2013 at 9:01 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "There is no proof Americans would not do those jobs if they were paid a decent wage and weren't able to live as well not working as they do working."

If that is true, then the problem is with one's work ethics.

"Immigrants would pass on those jobs also if they had the same access to freebies as Americans."

I disagree, for they come from a different culture than most Americans. They work for a living and are willing to do whatever it takes to support their families back home.

"It sounds as though you have no concern regarding how illegals are exploited as indicated by your statement...Regardless of what anyone can cite, the conditions offered and accepted are voluntary 100% and they are glad to get them."

I don't happen to subscribe to the belief that they are exploited. They are provided shelter, food, and transportation to and from work, as a general rule. To you and I, such a bare bones existence is not something that we would strive for, but when you have nothing...nothing at all, to be provided with the means by which to make a living is much appreciated.

"I am glad you are not an influential member of those detecting and preventing numerous terrorist events. Closing the borders would not make it impossible but reduce opportunities and make it much more difficult to enter the U.S."

Then by all means, pull in our military from around the world and start protecting our borders. I'm not opposed to it, and that would be a far better use of our military, rather than to use our men and women to intervene in fights around the globe.

"Gracious...indulgent or beneficent in a pleasantly condescending way, especially to inferiors. You responded that the white race must be more gracious, I now see what you meant. I assume you consider yourself gracious?"

Yes I am. I am compassionate when it comes to those who make their way to this country to seek a better life than the one they come from. I live and let live.

"I have no compassion for law breakers and criminals. For each heart touching story there is an equal or greater number where crimes against Americans are committed. Managed immigration can be an asset but uncontrolled it is not."

Thus the controversy.

"BTW...I never said I worked as migrant worker gathering crops but I did work on local farms some times 7 days a week when growing up doing those things listed for little pay but I did learn to work a full day, be responsible and accountable. We were poor but didn't know it and didn't seek or get hand outs from the government. I think it would be a good experience for kids today instead of X-box and video games. I won't provide as much personal detail as you at times elect to do regardless of whether you or anyone believes what I say or not."

Precisely my point. Kids of today run away from manual labor that those like you and I did when we were young.

Illegals fill that void and they are glad to do it.

February 25, 2013 at 9:09 a.m.
timbo said...

You damn right, up yours! Illegal aliens are lawbreakers. Just like bank robbers, shoplifters, speeders, inside traders, etc., etc. We should all say "up yours" to people who break the law.

Liberals have been saying "up yours" to the rest of the country for ever. They are kissing up to Hispanics for one reason and one reason only, they want their votes. So, ignoring lawbreakers and letting amend our country not controlling the borders are saying to the rest of us "up yours."

Nobody hates Hispanics. Hispanics who were born here and those Who come to this country country legally absolutely, 100% welcome and have every right to be here. We have every right to control our own border and to keep illegal aliens out.

In conclusion, let me say "up yours" to Barack Obama, slEasy 123, Rickaroo, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Hollywood, Liberals in general, Illegal aliens, Bennett, and Any other liberal piss ant that writes on this page.
i

February 25, 2013 at 9:11 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Why so many welfare programs if this is an accurate conclusion?"

If you are seeking for me to acknowledge the fact that welfare in this nation is out of control, then you have it.

Far too many people on welfare are shiftless and lazy. There is no denying that, and I am all for forcing people to find work, if they are capable of working.

But let's get serious for one minute. The vast majority of those on welfare, food stamps, and disability are lily white. I personally know several people who are simply too lazy to find work that they CAN do, to earn a living.

But none of these people are immigrants, legal or illegal.

I'm all for setting up day care programs, funded by the taxpayers, if necessary, to force adults back to work, if again, they are capable of working.

It is and always has been a mistake to pay an amount of money that allows adults to live an existence, simply for having a child.

Disability is out of control and being exploited in the same manner that other welfare programs are being utilized by those who should be providing for themselves.

There definitely needs to be a weeding out of deadbeats, but there must be jobs out there for them to go to.

Fix the jobs situation, then by all means, cut the deadbeats off and let them fend for themselves.

February 25, 2013 at 9:24 a.m.
conservative said...

alprova,

You will answer to the Lord Jesus Christ for this blasphemy :

"Was Jesus a perfect man while on Earth? Although few and far between, there is scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect."

"And again, you fail to include the scripture I cited that proves that Jesus himself did not consider himself to be perfect and without sin."

There is NO Scripture that suggests that Jesus was not perfect. The sinlessness of Jesus Christ is an essential doctrine of Scripture and an essential requirement for a professing Christian. To state otherwise as you have several times is blasphemy.

There is not one chance that you are a Christian. Why the charade?

February 25, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.
jesse said...

If con man EVER figures out who Alprova is he will prob.attempt to BURN him at the stake!

BTW: Al, were you REALLY chastising me or just yanking my chain??

February 25, 2013 at 9:59 a.m.
joepulitzer said...

alprova: THE MATT LAUER OF THE TIMES FREE PRESS COMMENT PAGE. A PERFECT FIT.

February 25, 2013 at 9:59 a.m.
prairie_dog said...

As long as hispanics continue to stream into this country to take the labor and service jobs which our own citizens pass up in favor of government handouts, none of the rich liberals -- like all those folks in Hollywood who celebrated the Oscar ceremony last night -- will be able to hire decent help and skip the messy business of benefits, health care, social security payments, and all that stuff which "the government takes care of."

Cutting down on immigration would be the equivalent of putting a tax on rich liberals.

February 25, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Prairie_dog,

Illegal immigration is at net zero. Would you like to try another argument?

February 25, 2013 at 11:50 a.m.
jesse said...

Thank you tu!! I'm glad you have the patience to take the time to poke holes in Eases superiority complex!!

Of course he's gittin ready to tell you what a moron you are BUT that just goes w/the territory!

February 25, 2013 at 11:55 a.m.
Easy123 said...

sTUpid,

"It would strengthen your argument if you didn’t use a non sequitur as part of you proof:"

The quote you mentioned isn't a non sequitur. Try again.

"It may have a very small to very large effect but it is “logical idiocy” to come to the conclusion that it has no effect."

You don't understand. "Better" is relative. Just because a person immigrates to a country does not mean or prove that the said country is better. Saying so is a non sequitur. The logic does not follow. It is not logical to deem a country "better" simply because people immigrate there.

You try to mask your own ignorance with excessive copy and pasting.

"but in this instance the improvement was dealing with materialistic improvement and it is a forgone conclusion that the U.S. provides a “better” economic environment to seek that improvement."

Your previous statement never mentioned anything about "materialistic improvement" or how much "better" the economic environment was. This was your quote:

"Tu: If they’re “come(ing) here to improve their lives” wouldn’t that prove that we are the “better country”and that “you have no idea what you're talking about”… LMFaO !!"

So, not only are you reeling from your original statement, but you are being blatantly dishonest by acting like you said or implied something that you actually didn't.

"You are welcome to provide evidence otherwise."

You have moved the goalposts. Your original statement was fallacious. I have explained that thoroughly. Your rebuttal has shifted the goalposts to a different premise that you did not explicitly state or imply earlier.

L M F A O!

February 25, 2013 at 12:06 p.m.
Easy123 said...

jesse,

"Thank you tu!! I'm glad you have the patience to take the time to poke holes in Eases superiority complex!!"

Can you possibly be serious? tu_quoque is a superiority complex incarnate. I'm glad you have the time to be oblivious and butt-hurt.

"Of course he's gittin ready to tell you what a moron you are BUT that just goes w/the territory!"

You're turning into the Jack_Dennis of these threads. Troll on, Jesse. Enjoy your ride on the coattails of others.

February 25, 2013 at 12:08 p.m.
Leaf said...

Tu, why are you so upset that someone used the phrase "non sequitur"? He used it correctly. It's not a phrase charged with any sort of hidden meaning any more than "ergo," "e pluribus unum," or "et cetera". It's mainstream - I think there's even a cartoon called Non Sequitur in the Sunday funnies.

February 25, 2013 at 12:17 p.m.
caddy said...

Well said again, Andrew Lohr !

Let's "reach-out" though, as Mr. Bennett suggests. Here's what we have to look forward to by adding more undocumented workers to the fold. Detroit's a perfect example of what Liberal policies do to a "once great" city ( and nation ).

Forward !

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130221/METRO01/302210375#ixzz2Lvjx09Q4

February 25, 2013 at 12:18 p.m.
caddy said...

http://www.gocomics.com/garyvarvel/2013/02/04

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." Ben Franklin

oh, I forgot: The "Rich" will pick up the tab....

February 25, 2013 at 12:22 p.m.
Leaf said...

jesse, don't listen to Easy. Zing on you crazy diamond.

February 25, 2013 at 12:26 p.m.
Leaf said...

caddy sez "oh, I forgot: The "Rich" will pick up the tab...."

Well, the top 1% does own 34% of all the wealth in the US.

And at least 50% of the politicians. ;>

February 25, 2013 at 12:32 p.m.
Leaf said...

Some people must not be able to stand anymore, since they're constantly laughing they're "f" ing "a"s off. Personally, I rarely laugh out loud at anything I read online. Because, you know, I'm not maniacally insane.

February 25, 2013 at 1:21 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Bennett sucks.

February 25, 2013 at 2:04 p.m.
jesse said...

Come on Leaf, ya gotta admit that "alphabet soup" remark was about as funny as anything i have ever read on here!

Easy is settin his hair on fire tryin to think up a come back for that one!!

February 25, 2013 at 2:08 p.m.
Leaf said...

Touch a nerve there, tu? What substance are you abusing at the moment?

February 25, 2013 at 2:59 p.m.
Maximus said...

Wow, the same old players are on line all day commenting on geek Clay's boring, predictable socialist utopian doodles. Don't any of you people work? In order for Obama' transformation to work all the dependent middle class worker bees must contribute. Speaking of American royalty, did anyone stay up late enough last night to see Queen Michelle Obama use our military as a prop when she announced Argo as best movie during the rich, guilty Democrats Oscar show. J Lo's ex Ben Affleck directed Argo a movie about a successful CIA op during the Iranian hostage crisis /Carter administration cluster f. Neither Affleck nor Queen Michelle acknowledged our military or clandestine service the real heroes. Alprova no one relies upon the Internet for the truth at least I hope not. Please don't follow the boring path of calling me a liar or racist. It seems that if you are successful and enjoy the good life like myself and happen to comment on it, you get attacked by all the nerds that never got a date to the homecoming dance and settled for low expectations in life. Once a loser always a loser get a freakin job!

February 25, 2013 at 5:23 p.m.
Easy123 said...

sTUpid,

"Any idiot with an IQ above room temperature, which gladly leaves you out, would see that your conclusion does not follow your premise."

Wrong again.

"Using any objective standard for “better” that you want to choose you are an idiot to claim that it has “no” impact on a citizen’s ability to affect their quality of life using any objective standard for quality of life you want to choose."

Strawman. That is not my argument. My statement was: "Being able to improve your life has nothing to do with how much "better" the country is.”. Again, "better" is relative. Rich people "improve" their lives everyday by buying houses on beaches in those same countries that weren't deemed "better". So which country is "better"? The one with the tropical beaches or the one with the jobs? You can't objectively say. That's why your argument is a non sequitur. Just because a person immigrates to a country does not mean or prove that the said country is "better".

"Where did I say it wasn’t and I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works!"

You're implying that it isn't by trying to deem one country "better" than another. I can always tell when you're running short on intelligent rebuttals when you start with the B.S.

"I call your non sequitur and raise you a Strawman as I made no such claims… besides I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and sh!t a better argument than that…. LMFaO !!"

Yes, you did. Remember:

"Tu: If they’re “come(ing) here to improve their lives” wouldn’t that prove that we are the “better country” and that “you have no idea what you're talking about”… LMFaO !!"

That was the whole sentence we are debating over. Now, you're denying you "made such claims". Which is it? You know your argument is fallacious just as well as I do. Now, you're trying to wriggle out of it. You actually couldn't sh!t out much of anything considering how deep my size 14 is in your ass. You ain't doing very well, sweetheart.

"Being the thick-headed troglodyte, that you are, you did not fail to perform at your usual whale sh!t level of research and comprehension."

I didn't have to do any research. I can read and deduce. It's simple. You should try it.

"I was originally responding to Al Bebe and the emphasis was on immigrants coming here to advance their materialist position."

There was no mention of materialist position. It wouldn't matter if you did mention it because being able to do so wouldn't make that country "better" either. You're saying that after the fact because you realize what you said was, in fact, fallacious.

"BTW … Are you AlBebe’s personal butt boy that has to respond to posters he is afraid to do so ??…. LMFaO !!"

I'm just the guy that makes you look like the incompetent bitch you really are.

L M F A O!

February 25, 2013 at 6:51 p.m.
Easy123 said...

jesse,

"Easy is settin his hair on fire tryin to think up a come back for that one!!"

Do you get carpet burn riding those coattails? Troll on, Jesse_Dennis.

February 25, 2013 at 6:53 p.m.
Easy123 said...

nooga,

I know. He's just becoming a troll like the artist formerly known as Jack_Dennis.

February 25, 2013 at 7:15 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.