1) TENNESSEE LEGISLATORS ARE RAMPING UP EFFORTS TO ARM TEACHERS
Though legislators are clamoring to propose bills that will arm teachers or staff in schools in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shooting, many are concerned that simply arming teachers will not be enough and more comprehensive steps must be taken.
2) KRYSTAL PLANS TO REBUILD IN RINGGOLD
3) HOWARD HIGH SCHOOL TO TRY DAY BASKETBALL GAMES AFTER SHOOTING
The possibility of violence has prompted Howard High School to move its home basketball games against rival Tyner from Friday night to Saturday, with the girls' game beginning at noon and the boys set to tip off at about 1:30 p.m.
4) HAMILTON COUNTY FORECLOSURES ROSE IN 2012
5) CHATTOOGA COUNTY TO PAY COUPLE $300,000
Mark and Connie Gordon, the owners of a Trion, Ga., pawnshop, won a $300,000 settlement from Chattooga County, Ga.'s insurer in a civil lawsuit that alleged that former county Sheriff John Everett and Deputy Kandy Dodd forged a warrant to search the couple's home.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: