Events and seminars
• Strategic Management Learning System: Cash Flow from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted in partnership between the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and Lattimore Black Morgan & Cain PC, the seminar is part of a 12-part series held monthly throughout the year for a price of $35 each. The first session will cover the eight steps of controlling cash flow. To register, call 756-8668.
• Brainerd/East Brainerd Council Meeting -- networking from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. Meetings cost $10.
• Chamber & Sandler Training Series -- "Creating Steady Revenue Growth in an Unsteady Economy" from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Sandler Training Office, 1200 Market St. The new six-part series explores smart growth strategies for local businesses. Seminars will be held monthly from January through June at a price of $49 or $199 for non-members. Contact Sandra Brewer for additional details at sbrewer@chattanooga chamber.com.
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. To register, call 756-8668.
• East Ridge Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at East Ridge Community Center, 1517 Tombras Ave. Jenni Hobbs of Sandler Training will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Call 756-8668 for more information and to register.
• East Hamilton Economic Development Council General Assembly at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Collegedale Municipal Building, 4910 Swinyar Drive. This moderated panel discussion will cover topics related to economic development in the eastern area of Hamilton County. Panelists include Kelly Martin, strategic planner for Collegedale; Chattanooga City Councilman Jack Benson; Hamilton County Commissioners Chester Bankston and Larry Henry; John Bridger of the Regional Planning Agency; Charles Wood and Rob Bradham of the Chattanooga Chamber of Commerce; and Jamie Kyle of the Ooltewah/Collegedale Council.
• YPAC Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. More information at www.ypchattanooga.org.