If you know of how other events are affected, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Soaking rains over the next few days forced organizers of many area Fourth of July celebrations to cancel or postpone their events.
Weather forecasters predict anywhere from two to five inches of rain will fall between today and Saturday.
The Signal Mountain Lions Club Barbecue will be held today from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Althaus Park.
The Lookouts are scheduled to play today at 6:15 with fireworks at the end of the game unless the game is called off because of weather.
Pops on the River, an annual event at Coolidge Park that draws thousands, was canceled Wednesday.
Here is a list of events today that have been scratched or rescheduled:
• Fort Oglethorpe Patriotism at the Post
• Dalton Heritage Point Park fireworks
• Signal Mountain on Saturday at dusk
• Athens to Saturday
• Cleveland at Bradley Square Mall. A new time will be announced.
• Collegedale to Sept. 1
• Dunlap to Saturday
• Jasper to Saturday
• Lakesite to Saturday
• Lake Winnie to Saturday and Sunday at 10 p.m.
• Soddy-Daisy to Oct. 5
• South Pittsburg to Saturday
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: