Events and seminars
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of HR Business Solutions LLC will review the top 10 bookkeeping mistakes all small-business owners should avoid, as well as practical solutions for overcoming these issues and ideas for office efficiency. A QuickBooks-related Q&A session will be held at the end of the class. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar is free and open to the public. For information, call 423-756-8668.
• Red Bank Council Meeting at noon Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center, located behind Erlanger North. Sharyn Moreland of the Tennessee Small Business Development Center will speak. Meeting costs $10.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall: 4910 Swinyar Drive. A representative from the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation will speak.
• Hixson Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the North River Civic Center: 1009 Executive Drive. Elaine Merritt of Sandler Training will speak on "Stop Taking it Personally." Meeting costs $10.
• Explore Exporting from 8:30 a.m. to noon Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will cover the value of exporting, where to start, strategic markets for exporting based on specific product reception trends, who to call for help, how to access capital to grow an exporting business and which programs are available for small-business owners looking to export. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• North Hamilton County Council Meeting at noon Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga: 200 Shearer St. Meeting costs $10.
• Leadership Chattanooga Alumni Association Re-Gathering from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at Brix Nouveau: 301 Cherokee Blvd.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress