Events and seminars
• East Brainerd Council meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn: 6721 Heritage Business Court. Networking and Mini Expo. Meeting is $10.
• Experience Talks: Internet Marketing at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at The Camp House: 1427 Williams St. The Experience Talks Evenings Series is focused on providing regional startups and existing businesses with knowledge gained through the firsthand experience of other founders. This event is the third in a series of informal conversations and is focused on development the best Internet marketing strategy for business. Light refreshments will be provided at this free event, hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and CO.LAB in partnership with Cohutta Bank. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Social Media/SEO/Web seminar at 9 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This free seminar will focus on how properly to implement a website, make a website mobile-ready, implement social media and its value to retain clients, educating clients further and increasing overall viral visibility. The event also will review the importance of search engine optimization and how to implement basic SEO techniques into a website. Call 423-756-8668 for more information.
• An Hour with My Attorney at 11 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. The event is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• East Ridge Council meeting at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at Best Western Plus Arbour Inn and Suites, 6710 Ringgold Road. Mini-networking and silent auction. Meeting is $10.
• Enterprise Gateway Council meeting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga, 4411 Oakwood Drive. Marlena Russell of the Volkswagen Group of America will speak on "Reading Between the Lines of the Resume." Meeting is $10.
• Small business orientation at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. The session begins with the five Cs of credit -- character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar will put participants ahead of the game in government-guaranteed lending. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• International Business Council meeting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce's International Business Council will highlight cultural and educational enrichment resources serving children, teens and young adults in the region's expanding international community. Entry is $10. Contact Ivette Rios for more information at 423-756-8668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.