Southern Living magazine has identified the top hotels and resorts and inns across the 18-state Southern region. Those offering the best in authentic Southern hospitality include:
1. Barnsley Gardens Resort, Adairsville, Ga.
2. Big Cedar Lodge, Ridgedale, Mo.
3. Blackberry Farm, Walland, Tenn.
4. The Greystone Inn, Lake Toxaway, N.C.
5. The Grove Park Inn, Asheville, N.C.
Source: MRI Doublebase and Southern Living magazine reader panel travel study
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...