Events and seminars
• 10th Annual Mayors’ Business Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Chattanooga Convention Center: 1150 Carter St. Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger and newly elected Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke will update the audience on their activities and express appreciation to key decision-makers from local businesses. Contact the Chamber Events Hotline to register in advance at 423-763-4366 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The event features speed networking and each participate will be guaranteed at least four new contacts. Meetings cost $10.
• Networking at Chattanooga Business Machines at 8 a.m. Wednesday at Chattanooga Business Machines: 6220 Airpark Drive. AM Networking brings an average of more than 60 area businesspeople together for an hour of networking and refreshments. For more information, please contact Stacy Carmosino at 423-763-4357 or email@example.com.
• Downtown Council Meeting at 7:30 a.m. at the Double Tree Hotel, 407 Chestnut Street. Charlie Brock, CEO of LaunchTN, will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• SBA Workshop: Learn How to Access Capital from 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Attendees will learn how Superior Financial Group and SBA programs can help them acquire small business capital without collateral, reasonable interest or hidden fees. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, the event is open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Southside Council Meeting at noon at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center: 1151 W. 40th St. A representative from Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 756-8668 to register.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee at 8:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn: 6145 Weir Way. The monthly gathering brings professionals together for an hour of networking.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress