published Monday, June 17th, 2013

Cooking fire burns teenager in Chattanooga

A 16-year-old girl was burned last night when a pan of grease ignited while she was cooking, according to a news release from the Chattanooga Fire Department.

Captain Will Andrews said in the release that the teen tried to put the grease fire out by putting water on it. As a result, she suffered first and second degree burns to both hands, a wrist and her right leg.

She was flown to the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia. Her injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.