Events and seminars
* CEG/INCubator Seminar: "The Six Behaviors of Great Leaders" from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Tuesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Mike Mears, former director of CIA's Leadership Academy, will speak at the event offered by a new company called aQQolade. Contact Tabitha Erickson to make a reservation at 423-752-4301.
* Brainerd/East Brainerd Council Meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn: 6721 Heritage Business Court. The town hall forum costs $10 to attend.
* Experience Talks: Customer-Driven Business at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at The Camp House: 1427 Williams St. This seminar is part of a 10-month series that taps several of the area's successful entrepreneurs to share stories about overcoming obstacles common to small businesses. Lunch will be provided at this free event, hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center and CO.LAB in partnership with Cohutta Bank. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
* GIGTANK Presents Healthcare Entrepreneur Ross Mason at 5 p.m. Tuesday at First Tennessee, 701 Market St. Register at gigtankrossmason.eventbrite.com/.
* East Ridge Council Meeting at 11:45 a.m. Wednesday at the East Ridge Community Center: 1517 Tombras Ave. Doug Smith of Woople will speak. Meetings cost $10.
* Enterprise Gateway Council Meeting at 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Hospice of Chattanooga: 4411 Oakwood Drive. Tom Barringer of Hamilton Plastics, Inc. and Brad Hake of Express Employment Professionals. The "Training: What HR Gives You?" Meetings cost $10.
* Financing Your Business the SBA Way at 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. The session begins with the five C's of credit -- character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. The discussion then transitions to an overview of SBA's loan programs and specific information about interest rates, repayment terms and preferred SBA express lenders. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
* YPAC Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Chattanooga Chamber: 811 Broad St. Networking starts at 11:30 a.m., and the program begins at noon. Meetings cost $10 for YPAC members, $12 for nonmembers or $15 at the door. Visit www.ypchattanooga.org for more information.
* YPAC: Kickin' It for Charity from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday at Baylor School: 171 Baylor School Road. YPAC's fifth annual Kickin' It for Charity kickball tournament will bring teams of young professionals together to compete in support of local charities. Participation is $250 per team, with teams ranging in size from 10-15 players. Registration for this 16-slot tournament is available at www.ypchattanooga.org.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress
related articles »
* Chattanooga Engineers Club Meeting at noon Monday at Doubletree Hotel, 407 Chestnut Street, 2nd floor.
• North Chattanooga Council meeting from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Iron Tribe Fitness, 125 Cherokee Blvd. The council ...
• Franchise Exploration Seminar from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Monday at the INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd.
* Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of PHR, HR ...