A family of six was displaced by a house fire this morning on Sapulpa Street, the Chattanooga Fire Department said in a news release.
Several fire companies responded to 3639 Sapulpa St. at 5:40 a.m. According to Battalion Chief Jeff Eldridge, the residents — two adults and four children — had heard a smoke alarm and already were out of the house.
Most of the fire was in the laundry room, and the flames spread quickly to the roof and other rooms, the release says.
Firefighters were able to save much of the house but damage is estimated at around $25,000, according to the release.
No injuries were reported.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
Chattanooga firefighters had a busy night, responding to numerous calls that ended with a 2-alarm apartment fire in Hixson
The Chattanooga Fire Department responded just after 10 p.m. Tuesday to the Patten Towers apartments on 11th Street after smoke ...
A Chattanooga family is homeless following an apartment fire that started with a cigarette.
A family of five is seeking shelter tonight after a fire in their basement, according to Hamilton County Emergency Services.