Events and seminars
• Chamber of Commerce Member Orientation from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St. Attendees will learn more about how the Chamber can benefit local professionals and their businesses.
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Tim McGhee, dean of the engineering division at Chattanooga State Community College, will talk about several unique partnerships to train local workers.
• Networking at Hilton Garden Inn – Hamilton Place from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Wednesday at the Hilton Garden Inn, Hamilton Place, 2343 Shallowford Village Drive. AM Networking brings more than 60 area businesspeople together for an hour of networking and refreshments. Contact Stacy Carmosino at 423-763-4357 or email@example.com.
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This free seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• Franchising as a Career, Investment or Both? Seminar from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Jerry Bird of FranNet of Alabama and East Tennessee, will discuss the myths and facts of franchising. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this free even is open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Downtown Council Meeting from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Thursday at The Double Tree Hotel, 407 Chestnut St. The group will discuss the regional planning initiative known as “Thrive 2055.” Meetings cost $10.
• Writing Your Business Plan from 9 a.m. to noon Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This introductory session to the business planning process offers a hands-on workshop on the feasibility testing of a business idea, obtaining financing and managing the business once it is established. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar costs $35. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Southside Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at the South Chattanooga Recreation Center, 1151 W. 40th St. The group will feature a panel discussion on the “State of the Schools.” Meetings cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning, including financial projections and legal entity. Attendees will receive an information packet containing phone numbers and addresses for information about business licenses, taxes and other start-up materials. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress