• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24, from 6-10 p.m. in the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 are also invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, call 622-6432.
• The Howard High School class of 1963 is holding a planning meeting on Saturday, March 9, at 5 p.m. in the Veterans Club at 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 693-7867.
• The 1965 classes of Howard and Riverside high schools are holding a planning meeting on Saturday, March 9, at noon in the Eastgate Town Center food court at 5600 Brainerd Road. For more information, call 400-0606 or 802-5343.
• The McMinn County High School class of 1993 is planning a 20-year reunion for Saturday, July 27. A family gathering will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Athens Regional Park. A reunion dinner will be held that night beginning at 6:30 p.m. at Springbrook Golf and Country Club. Classmates should email their updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tyner High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion on Saturday, April 20, at 4 p.m. at Amigo's Restaurant at Island Cove Marina, 6701 Highway 58. Information about the reunion can be found on the class website www.tynerhigh1973.com, on Facebook under Tyner High School 1973 Reunion, by calling Mike Mowery at 503-0155 or emailing Ted Richardson at email@example.com.
• A committee has been formed to plan a celebration of Birchwood Elementary School, which closes its doors this spring after 93 years of operation. The event will be held at the school on Saturday, May 4.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress