As a share of home sales, foreclosed-properties in California, Georgia and Nevada last year were nearly double the national average.
1. California: 38.05 percent of all home sales
2. Georgia: 37.83 percent of all home sales
3. Nevada: 37.78 percent of all home sales
4. Arizona: 33.7 percent of all home sales
5. Michigan: 30.69 percent of all home sales
Source: RealtyTrac. Foreclosures as a share of home sales averaged 21.4 percent nationwide. Foreclosures comprised 15.5 percent of home sales last year in Tennessee and 14.5 percent of home sales in Alabama last year.
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...