published Wednesday, March 13th, 2013

Firefighters extinguish Dallas Bay kitchen fire

Fire
Get directions:  To here - From here

The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department put out a kitchen fire Wednesday morning that caused about $5,000 in damage.

Ray Davis, of 7325 Valley Lane Road, told firefighters he was cooking French fries on the stove around 7 p.m. when he walked away for a moment, according to a news release. While Davis was gone, the grease from the fries caught fire, and the fire jumped to the kitchen cabinets.

No injuries were reported, and Davis said he would stay the night with relatives.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.