Events and seminars
• Maker Day is Chattanooga's first 3D Printing event open to the public today from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Chattanooga Public Library, 1001 Broad St. The even will feature the makers and their printers, HD model displays, informational kiosks and fun and informative programs.
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd., presented by Lynn Talbott, of Business Solutions, LLC. The seminar will review the top 10 bookkeeping mistakes small business owners should avoid, as well as practical solutions for office efficiency. Register by calling 423-756-8668.
• Red Bank Council Meeting at noon Tuesday at the Red Bank Community Center, located behind Erlanger North. Red Bank City Manager Randall Smith will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting at 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall, 4910 Swinyar Drive. Bob Bernhardt, music director emeritus for the Chattanooga Symphony & Opera, will speak on "Sports, Symphonies and Businesses: Leading to Bring People to Their Best."
• Business Retirement Plans from Inception to Maturity from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will describe tax qualified accounts available to businesses. The free event is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Hixson Council meeting at noon Wednesday at North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive. Meetings cost $10.
• North Hamilton County Council meeting at noon Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga, 200 Shearer St. Melissa Halsell of TVA will speak. Meeting cost $10.
• Small Business Orientation at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor will discuss basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• YPAC Luncheon at 11:30 a.m. Friday at the Chamber Board Room, 811 Broad St.