• Brainerd High School, 1020 N. Moore Road; 6 p.m. Friday, 6 p.m. Saturday, March 23, and 5 p.m. Sunday, March 24; faith-based play, "Choices: Breaking the Generational Curse"; $10 advance ($12 at door); 544-2208.
Easter egg hunt
• Rock Spring United Methodist Church, 3477 Peavine Road and Highway 95, Rock Spring, Ga.; 2 p.m. Saturday, March 23; egg hunt by age groups through age 11 (plus crafts and snacks); 706-764-1404.
• New Salem Baptist Church, 9806 Dallas Hollow Road, Soddy-Daisy; 4:30 p.m. today; annual Sportsmen's Fish Fry features testimony by legless pro bass fisherman Clay Dyer; fish dinner, music, door prizes; tickets $10; 842-3078.
• New Haven Baptist Church, 1058 Graysville Road; 6:30-10 p.m. today; "Resurrection Morn II" is second annual indoor walk-through drama that presents the gospel story, with tours offered every 20 minutes; free (concessions available); 855-4910.
• First Baptist Church, 10185 Dayton Pike, Soddy-Daisy; 7 p.m. today and 3 p.m. Sunday; life of Christ pageant "Unto the Lamb" presented by choir, orchestra, cast and crew of more than 150 people, and live animals; free (tickets available at Floyd Hardware and Soddy Bible and Church Supplies in Soddy-Daisy, Lifeway Christian Store in Hixson and Chick-fil-A restaurants in Northgate Mall and Oak Park Town Center; 322-2814.
• McFarland United Methodist Church, 101 E. Gordon Ave., Rossville, Ga.; 7 p.m. Friday; cantata, "In the Presence of Jehovah"; 706-866-2981.
• Tyner United Methodist Church, 6805 Standifer Gap Road; 7 p.m. Saturday, March 23, and 3 p.m. Sunday, March 24; dramatic musical, "Bow the Knee"; tickets free; 892-0444, ext. 21.
• Lynn Wood Hall (auditorium), Southern Adventist University, 4881 Taylor Circle, Collegedale; 7 p.m. Wednesday; archaeology lecture, "The Discovery of the Lost Fortress of Ai," by Bryant G. Wood, author and director of research with Associates for Biblical Research; free; 236-2027.
• Covenant Baptist Church, 5502 Dayton Blvd.; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by The Appointed Quartet; free; 875-5964.
• Free Pentecostal Church, 3862 Harriman Highway; 11 a.m. Sunday; also, 7 p.m. Sunday, Grievers Chapel Church, Grievers Chapel Road, Rockwood, Tenn.; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806.
• New Liberty Baptist Church, 13746 Birchwood Pike, Birchwood, Tenn.; 6 p.m. Sunday; concert by Heritage Quartet; 339-2539.
• Oakwood Church, 3927 Webb Road; 6 p.m. Sunday; singing features Pointing Souls and others; 648-9388.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6 p.m. Friday; weekly gospel sing features The Jeff Hullander Family and David Crittendon; free; 706-891-5683.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...