• B.J. Rowland, Thomas Delay, Dalton: They won at No. 1 doubles, 6-1 in the first set, but the Catamounts lost 3-2 in Georgia boys' tennis to Alpharetta's River Ridge.
• Courtney Morton, Dalton: She won 6-1, 6-0 at No. 1 singles and sparked the Lady Catamounts past River Ridge 5-0 in girls' tennis.
• Kamren Barnes, Walker Valley: He went 3-for-3 with an RBI and was the winning pitcher, throwing a seven-hitter with eight strikeouts in the Mustangs' 2-1 baseball victory over Ooltewah in a game between teams undefeated in the District 5-AAA standings.
• Lance Carter, Chattanooga Christian: He was 2-for-3 and his second RBI of the game, which came on a single with one out in the bottom of the sixth inning, proved to be the game-winner as CCS defeated Grundy County 4-3 in a District 7-AA game.
• Jake Rogers, Gordon Lee: He threw the first five innings of the Trojans' six-inning no-hitter against Whitefield Academy and ended up with five strikeouts in the 10-0 Georgia Region 6-A win.
• Tyler Lowe, Central: The Purple Pounders beat Tyner 7-2 behind Lowe's three-hitter with 10 strikeouts. He also went 2-for-4 with an RBI for Central, which moved to 6-0 in District 6-AA.
• Seth Pierce, Northwest Whitfield: His one-hitter included 13 strikeouts and powered the Bruins past Heritage 2-1 in a Georgia Region 7-AAAA game.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: