Preferred Gold: Three-day package with front-and-center seating, $200
Preferred Silver: Three days, $175
General seating: Three days, $150
Individual sessions: Any of four, $40
Jazz Brunch: 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, $28
Jazz Jam Dinner: 6:30-8:30 p.m. Sunday, $35
• For tickets, visit choochoo jazzfest.com or call 423-596-1388.
• To make room reservations at the Choo Choo, call 800-872-2529 and ask for Code 13JAZ for special rates.
Four traditional Dixieland jazz bands will be be in the spotlight at this weekend's Choo Choo Jazz Fest.
Previously known as the Chattanooga Traditional Jazz Festival, the event has brought in some of the country's best Dixieland jazz bands for more than 20 years.
This year's performers are expected to be no exception.
• The Jim Cullum Jazz Band, from San Antonio Texas, is distinguished for playing the classic jazz associated with King Oliver and Louis Armstrong.
• Seattle's Uptown Lowdown Jazz Band specializes in authentic-sounding Dixieland jazz and ragtime.
• Boston's Wolverine Jazz Band features dynamic arrangements of traditional jazz and swing from Duke Ellington and others.
• The Frisco Jazz Band, from San Anselmo, Calif., plays the music of the master jazz composers in the robost style of the San Francisco Revival pioneered by Lu Watters and Turk Murphy.
Registration opens at 4 p.m. Friday, May 3, at the Grand Dome of the Chattanooga Choo Choo, 1400 Market St. Music starts at 6:45 p.m. in the Imperial Ballroom. Morning and evening sessions are scheduled Saturday and Sunday, May 4-5.
Two meals with the performers are also planned, each requiring separate tickets. The Jazz Brunch will feature bandleader/cornetist Jim Cullum, drummer Hal Smith, clarinetist Allan Vache and pianist John Sheridan. The highlight of the Jazz Jam Dinner will be an all-star band comprising members from all four ensembles.