Crim installed at Ascension Lutheran
The Rev. Jeff P. Crim will be ordained and installed as pastor of Ascension Lutheran Church, 720 S. Germantown Road, on Thursday at 7 p.m. The Rev. H. Julian Gordy, bishop of the Southeastern Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, will officiate.
Crim has been serving as interim pastor of the 100-year-old church.
Prior to joining the ELCA denomination, he was a recorded minister for the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) and served as a pastor in Indiana and Virginia.
Crim received a bachelor's degree from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and a Master of Divinity degree from Earlham School of Religion in Richmond, Va.
A hospital chaplain for Memorial Hospital, he is certified as a clinical chaplain and pastoral counselor by the College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychotherapy, has worked as a chaplain and bereavement counselor for Hartline Hospice, has been a chaplain for the Tennessee State Guard and Virginia Defense Force, and has completed a clinical residency in pastoral care at Erlanger hospital.
Crim and his wife, Danielle, live in East Ridge.
• Free To Worship Revival Center, 9966 Lovell Road, Soddy-Daisy; 7 p.m. Friday; Feeding Anointed Temples (F.A.T.) Class will discuss video game addition and anger/rage; game addiction & anger/rage; 650-9172 or www.wearefreetoworship.com.
• Baha'i Faith Worship Center, 2405 Hamill Road, Hixson; 10:30 a.m. Sunday, May 12; concert by the Wesley Singers from the Wesley Foundation campus minister at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville; 505-4262.
• First Baptist Church, 164 Dalton St., Ellijay, Ga.; 7 p.m. today and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday; choir/orchestra presentation, "Your Great Name," featuring traditional and contemporary music; free; 706-635-5611.
• God's House, 301 E. Gordon Ave., Rossville, Ga.; 2 p.m. today; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also, Gospel Singing Hill, Rhea County Highway, Dayton, Tenn., 6 p.m. today, Antioch Baptist Church, Antioch Church Road, Vonore, Tenn., 10 a.m. Sunday, and Everlasting Life Church, 311 S. Amhurst, Englewood, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Keith Memorial United Methodist Church, 600 W. Madison Ave., Athens, Tenn.; 6 p.m. Sunday; spring concert by The Metropolitan Bells; free; 899-3543.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; Friday Night Sing features The Billy Gray Quartet and The Coy Reeves Vocal Band; 706-891-5683.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 7:30 p.m. Thursday; choral evensong observing the Feast of the Ascension and premiere of commissioned "Magnificat" work presented by the combined choirs of Church of the Good Shepherd, St. Timothy's and St. Paul's Episcopal churches (reception follows); free but offering benefits Metropolitan Ministries; 266-8195.
• Sale Creek United Methodist Church, 14909 Old Dayton Pike; 6 p.m. Sunday; singing by Preston Garner & Friends, with reception to follow; 240-3356.
• Bible Baptist Church of Hixson, an independent, fundamentalist church, will relocate from the Country Inn and Suites in Hixson to 1966 Northpoint Blvd. (behind O'Charley's Restaurant), in Hixson, effective Sunday May 12. The church, which began in a home less than a year ago, will offer services on Sundays at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Wednesdays at 7 p.m. For information, call Brenda Brock at 488-8767.
Clint Cooper is the faith editor and a staff writer for the Times Free Press Life section. He also has been an assistant sports editor and Metro staff writer for the newspaper. Prior to the merger between the Chattanooga Free Press and Chattanooga Times in 1999, he was sports news editor for the Chattanooga Free Press, where he was in charge of the day-to-day content of the section and the section’s design. Before becoming sports ...