• Howard High School class of 1963 is holding planning meetings on Saturdays, May 11 and 25, in preparation for its 50-year reunion. The meetings will begin at 5 p.m. at the Veterans Club, 2114 Wilder St. For more information, call 693-7867.
• Baroness Erlanger Hospital School of Nursing is holding an alumni reunion on Saturday, June 8. For more information, contact Dr. Charlynne Parson at 785-3340.
• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, July 13, 4-11 p.m., at First Baptist Church of Soddy-Daisy, 10185 Dayton Pike. Tickets are $35, and money must be received by May 31. For more information, call Linda Stewart at 238-4518 or email email@example.com.
• McMinn County High School class of 1993 is planning a 20-year reunion for Saturday, July 27. A family gathering will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Athens Regional Park. A reunion dinner will be held that night at 6:30 p.m. at Springbrook Golf and Country Club. Classmates should email their updated information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Central High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Aug. 24, 6-10 p.m. at the DoubleTree Hotel on Chestnut Street. The classes of 1961, 1962, 1964 and 1965 are also invited. For more information or reservations, contact Joe White at email@example.com or 803-364-4677.
• East Ridge High School class of 1963 is holding its 50-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 7, from 7 to 11 p.m. on the Southern Belle riverboat. For more information, call 593-0209 or 476-2602.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned Friday, 6 to 11 p.m., in the Pier 2 burger bar. The reunion dinner is Saturday, 6-10 p.m., in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at www.rbhs73.com.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...