published Sunday, May 5th, 2013

Family of four loses Chattanooga home to fire

Fire
Get directions:  To here - From here

A fire substantially damaged a home in Rivermont early this morning.

Fire broke out in the 718 Intermont Circle home shortly before 1 a.m.

The homeowner, his father, two children and a dog all got out safely, according to a news release.

The homeowner told firefighters that the fire started in the kitchen, from an electrical cord hooked up to a toaster. The homeowner said they tried to put the fire out themselves before calling 911, according to the release.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.