published Wednesday, May 8th, 2013

The Caddie

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

196
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
AndrewLohr said...

Freedom is the agenda of a free country.

And of a country that works well.

And of a Christian country, not that any country can't find room to be more Christian, and not that our country fails to impose atheism in some ways. ("Separation of church and state" largely means separation of Christians from our tax dollars.)

May 8, 2013 at 12:40 a.m.
Easy123 said...

AndrewLohr,

"Freedom is the agenda of a free country... of a Christian country,"

Kind of like Nazi Germany? Or the United States circa 1770-1870 & 1950-1970 for African-Americans/Slaves?

"and not that our country fails to impose atheism in some ways."

Complete falsehood. Nothing is imposed less in the United States of America than the suspension of belief in ANYTHING.

"("Separation of church and state" largely means separation of Christians from our tax dollars.)"

As opposed to the $71 billion dollars in potential tax revenue that churches could be paying to the Federal government? Whatever happened to tithing? Wouldn't the Church be the most private of sectors? Or are you suggesting government-funded churches?

You might want to brush up on your First Amendment, "Freedom" boy. Your religious Fascism, Christian dominionist notion will never pass for legal or Constitutional here in the United States of America.

That secular document called the Constitution, that you WingNutters only hold dear when guns are brought up, protects non-Christians from Christian rule. And that's the bottom line.

May 8, 2013 at 12:54 a.m.
MasterBlaster said...

If you're foolish enough to throw your money at a "god", then you deserve to be separated from it as quickly as possible. Remember - "There is a sucker born every minute, and over half of them are born again..."!

May 8, 2013 at 3:46 a.m.
EaTn said...

The putter would be a gift to Obama, rather than the cue stick the right-winger congress has handed him. Since the GOP goal of making Obama a one-termer has failed, their new goal is to make him look as bad as George Bush as possible, regardless of the country needs.

May 8, 2013 at 7:06 a.m.
jesse said...

Nothin BUT putters in Obamas bag!

And they ALL got limber shafts,NO backbone!

May 8, 2013 at 7:17 a.m.
tifosi said...

The GOP is digging their own grave.

May 8, 2013 at 7:30 a.m.
timbo said...

Typical liberal response so far. With liberals it is always somebody else's fault. Never take responsibility for anything. The Dems don't come up with a budget....someone else's fault.....Obama can't get one lousy vote for his budgets.....somebody else's fault....ect. , etc, etc.

He is inept and incompetent.

As far as who that grave we are digging...that is for your liberal agenda. After today Benghazi will take care of that. It won't be able to be ignored by the "in the tank," biased media after today. Benghazi is much more severe than Watergate ever was. Nobody died because of Benghazi. Get ready.....

May 8, 2013 at 9:12 a.m.
Leaf said...

Typical conservative response. With conservatives it's always liberals' fault. Benghazi, fear, religion, blah blah blah.

May 8, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.
dao1980 said...

"Nobody died because of Benghazi"??

I guess it's easy to get all crossed up when your not thinking your own thoughts.

A parrot doesn't really understand the words it's saying after all..

(snicker) I wonder how much time you spend trying to figure out why everyone thinks you're stupid.

May 8, 2013 at 9:31 a.m.
hambone said...

Cow pasture pool!

Golf is a waste of good real estate!

May 8, 2013 at 9:54 a.m.
dao1980 said...

Now that's just a plain ol' mean thing to say hambone!

May 8, 2013 at 10:01 a.m.
Maximus said...

Clay you nailed Barry The Welfare Pimps ears! LOL! Corker and Chambliss kicked his lame duck Marxist ass this week! Fore....here comes the Mid Term Election Republican Freight Train.

May 8, 2013 at 10:05 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Being a Democrat means believing Mark Sanford's sex life is everybody's business, but Bill Clinton's sex life is no-one's business. that's some plain truth

May 8, 2013 at 10:07 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

PT, it's not about his sex life, it's about his being a hypocrite (conservative family values, anyone?) and being dishonest.

May 8, 2013 at 10:15 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

This is MSNBC at its best..MSNBC Headline: DEMOCRAT FALLS SHORT; COLBERT BUSCH COMES CLOSE.... A 9 point loss is close? Then Mitt lost a squeaker. MSNBC, the modern Joseph Goebbels

May 8, 2013 at 10:15 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

As for his win? Well, it is South Carolina, after all. And besides, in spite of his poor judgment a few years ago, he is an effective politician and good campaigner. But his trail-hiking history will keep him from being too extreme in the social issues, I think, as he cannot claim to take the high road of purity anymore. Will make him more human and less judgmental.

May 8, 2013 at 10:21 a.m.
chatt_man said...

I guess Sanford's election shows how put out a lot of people are with where the liberals' agenda has been heading. They preferred a hypocrite over their other choice.

Still waiting on a Benghazi cartoon, Clay. The main stream media just learned about it this week. (wink) Maybe Clay is just a little slower than them.

Maybe when he does address it, it will be the see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil monkey thing? They saw no evil, so they sent no help when asked for help. They heard no evil when it was happening so they sent no help then either. Then they spoke no evil, just lies.

May 8, 2013 at 10:31 a.m.
timbo said...

If all you can criticize me about is a typo instead of the content of my post I guess you're great with it. All of you know I meant Watergate instead of Benghazi.

The way the press has treated Benghazi makes Watergate look like a partisan witchhunt. If Obama had been president, Watergate would not been covered at all.

The fact that you liberals don't see the press protecting Obama shows that you are no better than the religous fanatics you like to give a hard time. You only base your "belief" on emotion and faith. Your liberalism is your religion because it is not based on fact. Clinton and Obama lied about Bengazi. They also covered up and pressured people not to come forward. The only thing keeping you from saying that is your liberal religious views.

May 8, 2013 at 10:33 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

You know, timbo, only time will tell. Curious, this is not mentioned at all in the foreign press. The rescue of those three women and Sanford's win are above the fold at BBC, but the Benghazi attack isn't there.

BTW, what are "liberal religious views"?

May 8, 2013 at 10:36 a.m.
jesse said...

Dao 1980! Ham is into mumble peg,horse shoes and coon huntin!

Has no intrest in the finer thing in life!

May 8, 2013 at 10:37 a.m.
Pictureman said...

Handing him a putter for a ball on a tee...is that supposed to be part of the "joke"?

May 8, 2013 at 10:57 a.m.
Maximus said...

Nice ears Clay! You gotta believe that Obama is really, really pissed at Hillary right now. Where was our president during the Benghazi attack? No one knows. Was he shooting hoops with JayZ? Taking a nap? Sending out more unemployment/disability checks and EBT Cards? No, he let Hillary handle it and she dropped the ball or should I say the radical Islamic terrorists dropped the bombs on our embassy. An attack on American soil and still no suspects? A real cluster f Sierra and Hillary walks away. More bad news for Barry and Hillary after the Benghazi hearings today.

Rumor is Michelle Obama wants a piece of Hillary and the Queen Of Barry Pop will be running for President.

May 8, 2013 at 11:05 a.m.
timbo said...

What I am pointing out is that Watergate was an abuse of power and Nixon did the right thing and resigned. Benghazigate is an abuse of power and let's see if he is as honorable as Nixon.

May 8, 2013 at 11:08 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

No Bennett toon on Benghazi? maybe obama told him to "stand-down"

May 8, 2013 at 11:09 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

Timbo, however predictable and fanatical we libs are about our views, you're every bit as predictable and fanatical about yours. You keep saying the same thing about our "typical liberal response" and then you proceed with your typical conservative bullsh!t. You say that liberalism is based on "emotion and faith." And your conservatism is not?? Cutting taxes on the rich does not create jobs or create a trickle-down for everybody. We have tried it, it doesn't work. Yet you go on believing and trying to perpetuate that crap. You think that a regulated free market is government intrusion and the market, if left alone, will self-regulate. Another delusion! Yet you go on believing that childish nonsense.

We all think our particular opinions are the right ones. Just say what you gotta say already and stop thinking your insights are so profound as to call us out on our "typical liberal" responses. Your responses are as predictable as the sun rising in the East...but the sun casts fresh new light each day whereas you keep spitting out the same old boring, predictable, lying conservative crap.

May 8, 2013 at 11:15 a.m.
mountainlaurel said...

Tifosi notes: "The GOP is digging their own grave.”

Yes, the Republicans have been playing a new game since George W. Bush and it’s not a game that promotes our traditional way of governing or this country's general welfare.

Anyone with an ounce of common sense should have been able to figure this out when President G.W. Bush opted to throw away money and invade Iraq instead of taking former Secretary of Treasury O’Neill and Alan Greenspan’s advice about investing 3.6 trillion of the Clinton administration’s $5.9 trillion surpluses into Social Security.

President Obama knows which club he needs at this particular point and it’s not the putter. The fact that President Obama appears to be accepting the putter is unsettling.

May 8, 2013 at 11:23 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Lt Gen Mclnerney on Benghazi Scandal: ‘There Is Only One Person Who Can Say, Stand Down – And That’s The President’

May 8, 2013 at 11:23 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

Benghazi. You guys really know how to prioritize your crises, don't you? I remember how much time and tax-payer money Repubs spent on Monica-gate. Just had to try to dig up something more on Clinton than him lying about getting a BJ from a bimbo. Then there was Whitewater. Yes, that really turned out to be time and money well spent, didn't it. Then there was the Vince Foster scandal. Oooohhhh....that turned out real well for you Repubs, didn't it? Yessirree, you sure nailed Clinton to the wall on that one.

Bush lied about WMDs and got us into a phony war, and he was at the very least derelict in his duties regarding 9/11, and you are trying to make a horrific conspiracy over 4 Americans killed in a section of the world that was already boiling over with hostility in the first place? And who cut the funding for embassy security to the tune of 4 mill? Umm, let me think....oh yeah...Republicans!

There's not a word to describe how stupid, imbecilic, petty, and childish you look for whining about Benghazi. But go ahead and cry about it all you want. It's what you guys do best - throw a hissy fit about the danger of a smoldering little campfire while the forest burns all around you.

May 8, 2013 at 11:42 a.m.
NGAdad said...

Hmmmmm... curious that JonRoss would have anything to say on this subject. How's that charge of terroristic threats, to a public water supply system, coming along there buddy? How about the grand larceny charge? Did they pursue the threats against the arresting officers' family? Curious minds just wanna know. When's that court date again? But then again you'll change lawyers, have a medical condition, or some such diversion again... won't you.

May 8, 2013 at 12:07 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

Cover-up, shmover-up. There were 11 embassy/consulate attacks while Bush was in office, resulting in a total of 60 deaths. And he never once referred to them as terrorist attacks. Where was the outrage from you conservatives then? No Democrats wasted time trying to score political points from those incidents. That's something that only you knuckle-dragging teabaggers excel in. And it's the ONLY thing you know how to excel in. What a bunch of effin' hypocrites.

May 8, 2013 at 12:11 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"It is all about the cover up."

What do you believe was covered up exactly? What part of the entire situation was hidden?

"Bush didn't lie and had nothing to cover-up, and didn't."

Pure, unadulterated, deep-seated delusion.

"But those Democrats who refuse to vote for removal will be damaged and will have a difficult time holding their seats in the next election,"

Keep telling yourself that, psycho. Your wet dreams will never become reality.

May 8, 2013 at 12:12 p.m.
NGAdad said...

Hmmmm... terroristic threats, grand larceny, threatening the family of peace officers, and yet you come here to preach at those vile liberals.

simply amazing

May 8, 2013 at 12:28 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"you have been suckling at the teat of CNN, MSNBC and NPR again."

You've been suckling your own "teat" for far too long now. You can only drink your own excrement for so long. Ignorance begets more ignorance.

"Go out to several more sources, get an understanding of the issues surrounding this, and then come back later."

I assume you mean Fox News. LMFAO!

"Better yet, watch the hearings rickaroo. You will see the issues real-time, not filtered through regime representatives at CNN, MSNBC and NPR."

I'm sure you'll be watching intently and not understanding a word. Do you know why? Because you already think you know all the answers. You don't. You belief about what has gone on is misguided. You're a deluded, fanatical WingNutter. It's not about the facts, it's about what you desperately want to happen.

May 8, 2013 at 12:30 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

I have had my say, JR. I'm not going to waste any more time going back and forth with you in the gutter wherein you dwell.

May 8, 2013 at 12:37 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss is formerly one of Walker County's 'Most Wanted'! What an accomplishment!

Who knew we had a celebrity in our midst?

May 8, 2013 at 12:37 p.m.
dao1980 said...

Go home JR, you're drunk.

May 8, 2013 at 12:53 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"no easy, it was Whitfield county."

No, it wasn't. LMFAO!

May 8, 2013 at 12:57 p.m.
alprova said...

Timbo wrote: "After today Benghazi will take care of that. It won't be able to be ignored by the "in the tank," biased media after today. Benghazi is much more severe than Watergate ever was. Nobody died because of Benghazi. Get ready....."

Please post all this explosive information that comes out today.

The same accusations that have been leveled eight months ago are the same ones being offered today.

There will be no new surprises.

May 8, 2013 at 1:02 p.m.
Easy123 said...

MostWantedRoss,

"Listening to the testimony. Stunning. If Barack remains as president after today the U.S. no longer exists. We will have a dictator."

Pure, unadulterated, abject, utter delusion.

May 8, 2013 at 1:07 p.m.
Maximus said...

Rickaroo...so ignorant...Bush, Bush, Bush. GW and Laura are retired with a net worth you can only dream about. Ike.....why you be hatin on South Carolina.....beautiful beaches, golf courses, low taxes, and a Republican governer, what' not to like? I guess you would prefer one of the highly taxed blue states with the toughest gun laws and highest murder rates in the United States

May 8, 2013 at 1:09 p.m.
Maximus said...

Funny....Fox News the only network carrying the Watergate errrrrrrr I mean Benghazi hearings. Of course no one died in the Watergate scandal.

And you leftist regressive (socialism is an old failed idea) say there is no media bias! Hogwash!

May 8, 2013 at 1:12 p.m.
dao1980 said...

JR, if this is really you:

Then I must apologize for giving you such a hard time.

Anyone who's so tangled up in the nitty-gritty operations of a dirt-spot such as Rossville, has plenty on their plate without being hassled by the jokers and space cowboys that enjoy a good heckle here on the TFP page.

If that's NOT you, well, then go back to snuggling your favorite goat, and please cease and desist your stupidity mongering in the thread.

Also, if that's not you.. my apologies to the person that it is.. seems they've got quite the web of nonsense to deal with.

May 8, 2013 at 1:14 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"An order to stand down when U.S. assests are under attack is an impeachable offense. Barack murdered those four men and he should be held responsible for those murders."

Pure, unadulterated, abject, utter delusion.

Maximusty,

"Fox News the only network carrying the Watergate errrrrrrr I mean Benghazi hearings."

Wrong again.

"And you leftist regressive (socialism is an old failed idea) say there is no media bias! Hogwash!"

It's called a witch hunt.

May 8, 2013 at 1:16 p.m.
alprova said...

Since the man has no shame, and since he loves publicity so much...

May 8, 2013 at 1:26 p.m.
Easy123 said...

alprova,

Local celebrity?

http://www.catwalkchatt.com/view/full_story/13525787/article-Walker-County’s-“Most-Wanted”--Les-Coffey?instance=home_news

May 8, 2013 at 1:27 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "alprova, refusal on your part to listen to the hearings doesn't excuse you from understanding that the Obama administration is growing to a close, and rather quickly."

I'd offer to bet with you that nothing will come out of these hearings and I'd bet a bundle that Barack Obama will be President until January 20, 2017, but as I understand it, you're flat broke.

May 8, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.
jesse said...

This place is turning into a cess pool of low life back stabing b/s that has nothing to do w/the toon but ia all about grown men acting like middle school arzholes!

May 8, 2013 at 1:35 p.m.
Maximus said...

Nice ears Clay! You forgot placing a duck on Obama's shoulder. Lame Duck that is! Thank God for Congress, the NRA, FOX News, and the Benghazi cover-up. It is going to be an awesome Summer! Ok gotta book, got a tee time at Honors. See ya lefty loner losers. :)

May 8, 2013 at 1:38 p.m.
dao1980 said...

Seriously though, I feel bad for the guy. What a mess of crappola.

I couldn't imagine how frustrating it would be to have to try to do business with the self loathing chicken-hawk municipality of Rossvegas.

I would be furious.. or have avoided involvement from the beginning.

Oh yeah, jesse, I almost forgot abut the toon.. I agree with it. The GOPunks are idiots. That's old, boring, well known factola.

The dems aren't much better. Well.. I guess I would have to attest that most all of the "pigs" (in the pink floyd/animals sense of the word) that we have in office are corrupt, inept, idiots that live in the pockets of huge corporate lobbyists.

Not a single soul that participates in the forum receives the slightest semblance of actual representation up-thar on capitol hill.

There.. I participated.

May 8, 2013 at 1:47 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

This cover up is mind boggling.

May 8, 2013 at 1:48 p.m.
alprova said...

Easy, I was not aware that he had truly attained that status in 2011. I was in and out of the hospital every few weeks during most of that year, so I had a lot of trouble keeping up with current affairs.

There's two sides to every story, and although I'm pretty tight with the City of Rossville, I know they have been guilty of playing dirty pool over the years with folks.

JonRoss isn't in jail currently, I suppose, and I haven't kept up with the outcome of his various cases like I once did.

As I posted last week, I had "Mr. Ross" checked out after he contacted me to solicit an investment opportunity, and upon the conclusion of a couple of inquiries, and after consulting a relative who was with the city, I backed out...but quick.

"Ross" doesn't play well with others, on any level.

May 8, 2013 at 1:51 p.m.
Easy123 said...

I've read some of the transcripts and watched some of the Benghazi Witch Hunt hearing and I haven't heard one shred of new evidence or information.

It's a lot of my word vs. your word, would've, could've, should've talk.

May 8, 2013 at 1:51 p.m.
dao1980 said...

C'mon now PT, we all know you have a sharply partisan mind that boggles very easily.. sometimes on its own, without any impetus.

May 8, 2013 at 1:52 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Can someone specifically detail WHAT and HOW anything was covered up? What was hidden then that is known now? Other than the talk of the unrelated video, what do we know now that we didn't know at the time of the attack?

May 8, 2013 at 1:57 p.m.
alprova said...

Some people are apparently watching something different from what I am watching, that's for sure.

This is nothing but the same anti-Obama/Hillary Clinton Republicans beating an eight month old dead horse, and the more they beat it, the more Democrats will turn out to vote these clowns out of office.

May 8, 2013 at 1:58 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "Lies and obstruction. There needs to be a Federal marshal in the White House today cuffing the bastard."

Hold your breathe until you turn blue.

It ain't gonna happen...

May 8, 2013 at 2:02 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "and you are correct, I am not in jail at the current time."

Have all your problems been resolved?

May 8, 2013 at 2:04 p.m.
Easy123 said...

alprova,

Do you not think it's strange that Republicans are completely dismissing the entire Accountability Review Board report on the Benghazi that places the blame on the State Department, more specifically the Bureau of Diplomatic Security and the Bureau of Near East Affairs. And determined that no individual officials ignored or violated their duties and recommended no disciplinary action now. And also said this:

"The Board found no evidence of any undue delays in decision making or denial of support from Washington or from the military combatant commanders,"

And came to the conclusion that the evacuation of the dead and wounded 12 hours after the initial attack was due to "exceptional U.S. government coordination and military response" that helped save the lives of two seriously wounded Americans.

None of the whistleblowers have disputed anything stated in that report. And the people that did the investigation and wrote the report are not part of this hearing. How is it that the ARB report can be totally thrown aside simply by Republicans because they feel that 3 people should have been interviewed? What have these men said that disputes the ARB report?

May 8, 2013 at 2:07 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

mountainlaurel said...

Secretary of Treasury O’Neill and Alan Greenspan’s advice about investing 3.6 trillion of the Clinton administration’s $5.9 trillion surpluses into Social Security.


I know that Mr. O’Neill made this self serving statement in his book that he wrote after he was fired by President Bush? I don’t remember Mr. Greenspan providing verification of that detail but it is obvious that Mr. O’Neill had an ax to grind.

If Clinton had a $5.9 trillion surplus then the national debt would have been eliminated at the end of his last term and I don’t think it actually was?

How do you invest $3.6 trillion of general treasury funds into a program that is by law self financed by payroll taxes?

May 8, 2013 at 2:10 p.m.
Leaf said...

I'll admit, JonRoss has more teeth than I expected.

May 8, 2013 at 2:24 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"Because of the lies told by Hillary and Rice the Libyan government slowed the FBI investigation."

So you're saying that the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations appearing on television shows slowed an FBI investigation, correct? Makes total sense...said no one ever. I'm still confused at how any of this could be construed as a cover-up. The facts came out rather quickly after the attack and the "talking points" were proved to be wrong in the case of the Benghazi attack. What part of that is a cover-up?

"That is obstruction by Hillary and Rice."

No, it isn't obstruction in any sense of the word, nor is it a cover-up. Zero facts are in your favor.

"And Barack knew that."

Is that why he referred to the Benghazi attack as "acts of terror" during his Rose Garden press conference on Sept. 12th?

"All three should be in a Federal prison."

There's a better chance you'll be in state prison than those folks going to prison at all considering the three people you mentioned did absolutely nothing you are accusing them of.

May 8, 2013 at 3:25 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Curious, I saw this on the news:

But even all Republicans aren’t convinced of a political conspiracy being waged by the administration. “I’ve been able to read all the cables, I’ve seen all the films. I feel like I know what happened in Benghazi; I’m fairly satisfied,” said Sen. Bob Corker, Tenn., the top Republican on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, on MSNBC. “I’m fairly satisfied.”

Doesn't sound like everyone is in on the party.

If this turns up nothing, I would expect that all the conspiracy theory lawmakers would to the honorable thing and resign.

May 8, 2013 at 3:43 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Nobody but the most jaded ideologue can watch these hearings and not believe in a massive cover-up. Video was just so much hokum, but it was just before the election.

May 8, 2013 at 3:49 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"The reason this country is in an unstoppable decline is because people like easy exist. They limit themselves to only regime “information” outlets such as CNN and NPR and MSNBC and ABC.."

My information comes from transcripts and video of the Benghazi Witch Hunt hearing as well as the ARB report on the Benghazi attacks.

Try again.

"There is reason why the FBI couldn’t get into Benghazi, and the reason was created by Hillary and Rice."

That is completely untrue. There are several reasons that the FBI investigation didn't actually get on the ground in Benghazi until about two weeks after the attacks and none of them include Hillary Clinton or Susan Rice. The FBI investigation on Benghazi began on September 13, 2013 with people being interviewed, etc.

"The fact easy is ignorant of that is damned laughable."

The fact that you believe baseless conjecture is "fact" is beyond ignorant. You have no facts to support your claim. In fact, all of the facts are against you.

"It was detailed in the hearings and is being discussed at this very moment at non-regime outlets."

I haven't read or heard one person provide any evidence implicating or even giving probable cause that Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice had anything to do with FBI investigators being prevented from getting on the ground in Benghazi.

May 8, 2013 at 3:53 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"The hearings are already bringing out damning evidence of crimes by Barack, Hillary, and Rice."

I encourage you to provide a link, video or crayon scribbling to such information.

"Corker didn't say he absolves Barack of anything. He just understands what happend. And what happened was Barack probably is guilty of more than a few felonious acts."

Your psychosis has been duly noted.

May 8, 2013 at 3:54 p.m.
Easy123 said...

PlainTruth,

"Nobody but the most jaded ideologue can watch these hearings and not believe in a massive cover-up."

Again, I ask: WHAT and HOW anything was covered up? What was hidden then that is known now? Other than the talk of the unrelated video, what do we know now that we didn't know at the time of the attack?

"Video was just so much hokum, but it was just before the election."

It was out long before the election that the attacks were terroristic in nature. There were anti-Americans protests and threats in 20 countries from September 11th to September 14th. Any thinking person would, at least, attempt to see if there was a correlation between the two.

May 8, 2013 at 4:03 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"Hmmmmm.....transcripts. Some of us were listening to the live feed this afternoon. So easy you were probably reading the fake transacripts posted by MSNBC."

Wrong again.

I'm currently and have been watching the live stream of the Benghazi Witch Hunt hearing. I've also been reading the live updates with important quotes, etc.

http://www.ustream.tv/pbsnewshour/collection/b083d8565b00

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/08/the-latest-on-benghazi-hearing/comment-page-3/

May 8, 2013 at 4:10 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

JonRoss, you have yet to show any ability in recognizing facts or reliable sources. In fact, you rarely offer up any sources at all for the crap you post here. MSU seems to be your MO.

May 8, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"easy you are quoting CNN and pbs."

I haven't quoted anything.

"They are both regime connected and not believable."

But of course! Just another claim you cannot even begin to prove. Please continue your conspiracy theory, psychopathic claims.

Nothing you say is fact-based. You provide nothing of substance.

"You have followed them so long you have massive gaps in information and facts."

I encourage you to provide any information that supports your claims or gaps in any information/facts that I have presented. I'll be waiting.

May 8, 2013 at 4:20 p.m.
Leaf said...

I believe the moon is made of cheese and no facts or arguments you and your regime can offer will ever change my mind.

May 8, 2013 at 4:21 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"Sean Smith's mother is holding Hillary responsible for the death of her son."

And?

"And since the half-wits here rely only on CNN and NPR go over to CNN and Jake Tapper and see what the victims families think."

True irony when you refer to anyone as a "half-wit" or the media choices of others.

"If Obama wants to rip this country apart, and he is doing it, then more power to him. Perhaps it is time to start over."

Your psychosis has been noted once again.

May 8, 2013 at 4:25 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"no facts or truth stands in the way of achieving victory for the proletariat."

You have presented no facts or truth.

"and if people have to die, so be it. correct leaf ?"

You're the same guy that was saying how "noble" the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were, remember?

You're truly insane.

May 8, 2013 at 4:28 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"easy never responds or defends the regime,"

LMFAO! Are you blind or illiterate?

"it only attacks those who criticize the regime."

Blatantly false.

"similar to the brown shirts of hitler. pure loyalty, no humanity."

You've successfully described yourself. Pure loyalty to your own ignorance. No humanity in regard to honesty and objectivity. It's never about the facts. It's always about what you wish the "facts" to be.

May 8, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"My facts are based on the statements of the professional State Department folks involved with the broad issues of Benghazi."

No, they are not. You have, literally, provided nothing based on the statements of the so-called "whistleblowers". It's all conjecture or your own misguided interpretation of what you think you're hearing.

"To the man and women they blame Hillary."

That is demonstrably and verifiably false. Just another lie from you.

"To dismiss them is to pledge absolute loyalty to a fascist dictator, Barack Hussien Obama."

To lie about the facts that are presented to support your agenda is simply you and your ilks way of operating. When the "damning" facts don't come out to support your claims, you act like they were anyway.

"You people think that the U.S. is some type of organic entity that sprung from nature and nurtures itself from some cosmic source, and that it eternal."

No sane, logical human being thinks that. But your psychosis has been noted again.

"Quite the contrary. This Benghazi thing is going to consume us all if Obama doesn't come clean, and soon."

Again, you are deluded. The Benghazi hearings will end much as they began. The facts are already out there and nothing implicates the people you wish to be imprisoned.

I notice you continue to refrain from provided any links or quotes with anything to support yourself. Why is that?

May 8, 2013 at 4:44 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

"I watched the hearings. You didn't."

Wrong again. I have been watching and am still watching the hearings.

And I dare say you haven't watch much of the hearings and aren't watching them now.

May 8, 2013 at 4:50 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "Because of the lies told by Hillary and Rice the Libyan government slowed the FBI investigation."

What is truly there to investigate? Some bad guys who hated America attacked a consulate outpost on September 11, 2012. Four people died.

Rather than for Republicans to concentrate their efforts to seeing to it that the bad guys are caught and brought to justice, they have spent eight long months blaming those deaths on the President and Hillary Clinton.

Some of you people act as if it was the President or Hillary Clinton who killed the four.

The biggest revelation that may have come out was that Libyan President Magariaf was "miffed" that his initial assessment was contradicted during the first two weeks by the State Department, and because he was ticked off, FBI investigators were prevented from entering the scene for 18 days.

The surviving personnel were rescued within 12 hours of the attack.

What is the explosive evidence that was going to be presented today, that would prove that the President or Secretary Clinton was to blame for any one of those deaths?

That is obstruction by Hillary and Rice. And Barack knew that. All three should be in a Federal prison.

May 8, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss Wrote: "I watched the hearings. You didn't."

Sir, we've ALL been watching the hearings.

May 8, 2013 at 5:33 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "My facts are based on the statements of the professional State Department folks involved with the broad issues of Benghazi."

None of whom were in Washington where the President and Mrs. Clinton were at the time this all went down to have the first clue to what they knew or was being told by their advisors.

"To the man and women they blame Hillary."

Be that as it may, accusations and beliefs are not facts. They are merely accusations without an ounce of proof.

"To dismiss them is to pledge absolute loyalty to a fascist dictator, Barack Hussien Obama."

I hate to point out the obvious, but you Sir, were accused of all kinds of things a couple of years ago by several people. You were arrested based on those accusations.

You had a multi-million dollar property removed from your custody.

You have protested your innocence many times over the span of a couple of years, yet you are where you are, and the property went back into the hands of the Hutcheson family.

Where's your proof? Proof that you were innocent of all that you were accused of, and the proof that Benghazi is the fault of the President and Hillary Clinton.

Can you point to any court ruling that exonerated you?

"You people think that the U.S. is some type of organic entity that sprung from nature and nurtures itself from some cosmic source, and that it is eternal."

Huh?

"This Benghazi thing is going to consume us all if Obama doesn't come clean, and soon."

You seem to be the only one consumed by this less than flimsy evidence and accusations by people who have no direct knowledge of the inner workings of the State Department, the Military, and any and all reactions up to and including the President of the United States.

Based on the hype being touted Sunday, I expected nothing less than a clear revelation of wrongdoing by someone...anyone...and as usual the hearings today wenty absolutely nowhere and fast.

May 8, 2013 at 5:47 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss wrote: "Sean Smith's mother is holding Hillary responsible for the death of her son."

So what? No one has been able to supply her any amount of information that she is seeking. She apparently wants a blow-by-blow accounting of what happened and there is not one person who can begin to provide that information to her.

Hillary Clinton doesn't know. Why does she not know? Because she was not there. The military leaders, those who rescued the survivors do not know what happened. Why? They arrived 12 hours after the fact.

Libyan locals do not know. All they appear to know is that the attacks were planned and carried out by factions tied to terrorism. Have they arrested those responsible? Can they identify the perpetrators?

"And since the half-wits here rely only on CNN and NPR go over to CNN and Jake Tapper and see what the victims families think."

I guess you are not aware that Jake Tapper joined CNN last year and that he interviewed Pat Smith for the network just yesterday.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/08/mother-of-sean-smith-who-died-in-benghazi-of-hillary-clinton-i-blame-her/

"If Obama wants to rip this country apart, and he is doing it, then more power to him. Perhaps it is time to start over."

You Sir are a wing-flapping Chicken Little. You hatred for the President, for whatever reason it is based upon, is clouding your entire sense of reason.

However, your inability to think logically and to reason that which you think about has been in evidence for quite some time and it has caused you discomfort for many years prior to Barack Obama being elected as President.

May 8, 2013 at 6:03 p.m.
alprova said...

I missed this at the bottom of my 5:27 pm posting

JonRoss wrote: "That is obstruction by Hillary and Rice. And Barack knew that. All three should be in a Federal prison."

So should you, but that's neither here nor there for the purposes of our discussion.

Wait and see if any one Republican so much as attempts to indict any one of the three for a crime.

This witch hunt will die after today, unless the Republicans are stupid enough to continue it.

People all over the country, Republican, Democrat, and Independent, are throwing up their hands at their televisions, muttering, "WTF?"

"Enough already!! Where's the beef?"

May 8, 2013 at 6:13 p.m.
chet123 said...

THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IS AMAZINGLY STUPID.....TRYING TO POLITICIZE THE DEATHS IN BENGHAZI.....REALLY AMAZING.....THESE DUMB BUTT HAVE FORGOT OR MAYBE THEY HOPING AMERICANS HAVE FORGOT 1983 BEIRUT BOMBING WHERE 220 AMERICAN MARINE,18 SAILORS THAT WERE KILLED IN THE LARGEST ONE DAY DEATH OF MARINES SINCE WORLD WARII......AND GUESS WHO WAS PRESIDENT??????....THE REPUBLICAN GREAT HERO....YES THEIR HERO.....THE GREAT GREAT GREAT RONALD REAGON HA HA HA HA HA

THE DEMOCRATS SHOWED CLASS.....NOT LIKE THESE NITE JACKLE....YES I SAID NITE-JACKAL....BECAUSE THEY ATTACK IN GANGS....LIKE A COWARD.....

I SAW THE HEARING....IT WAS A JOKE......REPUBLICAN HAVE NO CREDIBILITY HA HA HA.....THEY JUST DONT GET IT...

WHAT BOZOS!

May 8, 2013 at 6:13 p.m.
jesse said...

Chet musta got outta lockdown today!

May 8, 2013 at 6:17 p.m.
alprova said...

Fox News has spent a great deal of what little credibility they had left on Benghazi.

Rickaroo pointed out a while ago that the Republican witch hunts that can only be described as torpedo launches that have never once hit their targets.

This one will be no different.

The Republicans never learn. It is only due to pure madness that they keep making the same mistakes, expecting a different outcome each and every time.

May 8, 2013 at 6:26 p.m.
chet123 said...

JESSE....SEE YOU AVOID RESPONDING TO MY COMMENT AS ALWAYS HA HA HA.....

May 8, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.
chet123 said...

SEE YOU RATHER GET PERSONAL...HA HA HA.....

AMAZING!!!....WHEN I UNLOAD ON YOU....YOU RUN LIKE A LITTLE GIRL REPORTING ME TO TIMESFREEPRESS HA HA HA.....

THIS IS CONSISTENT WITH REPUBLICAN COWARDS....LOVE TO THROW STONES FROM GLASS HOUSES

May 8, 2013 at 6:34 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Easy123, Alprova.

I'm ashamed of you.

You have fallen hook, line & sinker for the well worn strategy/trap of Goebbels, Stalin, Mao, Gingrich & Rove. Throw any statement or accusation out, no matter how Bizarre, no matter how false.
If not immediately refuted as such -- the object of derision is guilty or the accusation must be true. The method throws the onus of verification on the accused -- by the accuser using a repetition of falsehoods.

YOU KNOW THIS!!

You're trying to get a hog to the slaughter house by wrestling it where it wallows. It is a fools errand.

May 8, 2013 at 6:39 p.m.
alprova said...

MickeyRat, I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly what it is that you are attempting to relate.

Are you saying that it is right to address all these outlandish accusations, or are you saying that leaving them on the table to rot is the better course of action?

May 8, 2013 at 6:57 p.m.
chet123 said...

TO MY NEW-FRIEND MICKEYRAT:

I'M ASHAME,MORTIFIED,AND SORROW FOR YOU WHO SEEM TO BE AN EDUCATED MAN BUT TALK WITH SUCH FOOLHARDINESS....

FOR YOU HAVE FALLEN FOR HOOK,LINE AND SINKER TO REPUBLICAN PROPAGANDA AND BRAIN-WASHING....MAYBE YOU ARE TUNNEL VISION.....DONT WANT TO SEE THE WHOLE PICTURE HA HA HA HA

I PITY YOU MICKEYRAT

May 8, 2013 at 7:03 p.m.
chet123 said...

WHATS WRONG WITH THESE REPUBLICANS......

MAYBE THEY NEED TO WATCH MORE FOXTV TO GET THRIR TALKING POINT HA HA HA HA

May 8, 2013 at 7:07 p.m.
acerigger said...

So, here it is at the end of the day spent watching the Repub witch hunt,so someone tell me what evidence was presented that points to a cover-up,or any wrong-doing?

May 8, 2013 at 7:56 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

Easy123 said...

AndrewLohr - "Freedom is the agenda of a free country... of a Christian country,"

Kind of like Nazi Germany?


Deutsche Christen church was essentially a Nazi created secular controlled group to counter the conventional Christian churches. The latter groups would not adopt the Nazi program and created their own cover group the Confessing Church in 1934. Many members of that group opposed the Nazis and were imprisoned and killed for their efforts.

Germany was hardly a devout Christian nation prior to or during WW2.

Here are some links confirming the above points.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/11/christian_opposition_to_nazi_a.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/11/the_nazis_and_christianity.html


Or the United States circa 1770-1870 & 1950-1970 for African-Americans/Slaves?


What’s the deal between 1870 and 1950 did all of the “African-Americans/Slaves” go on vacation outside the country. Maybe all of the churches disbanded during that period.


As opposed to the $71 billion dollars in potential tax revenue that churches could be paying to the Federal government? Whatever happened to tithing? Wouldn't the Church be the most private of sectors? Or are you suggesting government-funded churches?


The $71 billion in “potential” tax revenues is just a guess and the government would in no way net such a number. The SCOTUS has ruled that it is not unconstitutional to provide churches tax exempt status. That the fact the government provides these exemptions is not considered as a material consideration to them and is not an “establishment”. The government can remove these exemptions for a compelling government public policy need, otherwise it may endanger charitable giving to all non-profits.

Here are three SCOTUS rulings that apply:

Walz v. Tax Commission of the City of New York

Bob Jones University v. United States,

Texas Monthly v. Bullock

May 8, 2013 at 8:12 p.m.
Maximus said...

What an awesome day God gave us today! Shot an 87 at the Honors Course. Not bad but still knocking of the rust. I have to say to Alprova, Easy and the others that spent this awesome day punching your key board in support of the vile, corrupt, incompetent Obama administration. I feel sorry for you. How can you live your life with such low expectations. I thought you liberals were all about fairness, truth, social justice and the American way.....er er excuse me...for liberals scratch the American way part. The Benghazi hearings will awaken the sleeping giant, that did not show up in support of Romney (2 million conservatives did not show up to vote in last years Presidential election). 20 year veterans of the American foreign service testified today telling the cold truth about the incompetence of leadership displayed by Obama and SOS Hillary Clinton. I reviewed today's posts by the usual liberal drones and no one, not one of them answered the question concerned tax paying American's want to know. Where was President Obama during the invasion and attack of the Libyan embassy? And don't start with Bush. Libya was bombed by Obama and the embassy was on his watch. The behavior of the Democrats today, Elijah Cummings in particular was embarrassing. Carolyn Maloney, NY Democrat congresswoman came across like the brain dead bimbo she is. Vomit bags anyone or would you prefer a cover-up of justice?

May 8, 2013 at 8:52 p.m.
acerigger said...

I think Darrell Issa,Roger Ailes,(and the whole Faux Newz Crew),not to mention jon ross,jack(plain truth)dennis,timbo,et al,has a SAD tonite.LMFAO!

almost forgot maxi too.

May 8, 2013 at 8:55 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

hmmm...might it be time to switch to the cover-up of the cover-up of the cover-up? When all this is said and done, those that claimed a cover-up will not admit that they were wrong. It just HAS to be a conspiracy to hide the cover-up. Of the cover-up.

Still nothing on the BBC. The Brits must be part of the plot.

May 8, 2013 at 9:04 p.m.
patriot1 said...

Stay tuned.....there's more to come.

May 8, 2013 at 9:07 p.m.
alprova said...

patriot1 wrote: "Stay tuned.....there's more to come."

Yeah right.

Today was supposed to be the day that the lid was to be blown off the poop pot.

The more they hammer it, the more they embarrass themselves.

Do they plan to beat this dead horse through next year?

If they truly have a plan to disrupt Democrats from being elected, they should have started this crap September of next year.

The American people have extremely short memory spans. Everything they are attempting to do today, will be so far in the rear-view mirror, that no one will remember it.

That is with the exception of the usual Obama haters.

May 8, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

No mention on DW (English edition)

May 8, 2013 at 9:35 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Nothing on AFP.

Nor on El Mundo

May 8, 2013 at 9:37 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Funny, these foreign news sites are all over the Ohio women hostages, Tom Cruise, the stretch limo fire in CA. Why not the Benghazi hearings? Guess Spain, Germany and France are all part of the conspiracy to cover-up the cover-up.

JonRoss, I'd prefer Madeleine Albright over you any day. Especially if that was you on the video.

Yomiuri: nothing. Plenty of US stories, no Benghazi. Sydney Morning Herald. Nothing. Wow, this cover-up is global!

May 8, 2013 at 9:42 p.m.
Maximus said...

Typical liberal drivel from Al and Ike. Socialists always hate the middle class, the masses if you will, that supposedly have short memories. Remember, socialists like Obama and faux intellectuals like Alprova and Ike want TWO classes, the ruling class and the rest of us following their enlightened dictates. Just like Hillary's U-tube "story" the ruling class writes the narrative and the masses, the unfortunate, uneducated little people will take their pittance (EBTCards and such) believe and obey. Ike your credibility is seriously threatened if you follow the BBC for anything but good historical fiction TV series like Donton Abbey. The UK once ruled the seas not too long ago but due to their shift to liberalism they have lost their culture and their ability to defend themselves. The Stones still rock but that's about it. Don't start with the UK healthcare system it is trash.

May 8, 2013 at 9:50 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Most of the foreign press protects the Obama regime and Hillary Rextum Clinton in the same way the New York Times and LA Times and 80% of all other information sources in the U.S does. So one would NOT see anything about the crimes carried out by those two.

I KNEW IT!!!!!!

May 8, 2013 at 9:54 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Mail and Guardian: (South Africa) Women in Ohio: check Israel attack on Syria: check New NRA president: check

Benghazi hearings: nothing

Helsinki Times

Obama and Iran: check French in Mali: check Guantanamo: check

Benghazi hearings: Nada (sorry, not Finnish) "Ei"

May 8, 2013 at 9:56 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Jt6,

"Germany was hardly a devout Christian nation prior to or during WW2."

Can you possibly be serious?

In 1933, prior to the annexation of Austria into Germany, the Christian population of Germany was 67% Protestant and 33% Catholic.

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10005206

A German census in May 1939, completed more than six years into the Nazi era and incorporating the annexation of mostly Catholic Austria into Germany, indicates that 54% of Germans considered themselves Protestant, (including non-denominational Christians) and 40% considered themselves Catholic, with only 3.5% claiming to be neo-pagan "believers in God," and 1.5 % non-Christians, or "non-believers".

http://books.google.com/books?id=gmuw9TvbFdUC&pg=PA10#v=onepage&q&f=false

"What’s the deal between 1870 and 1950 did all of the “African-Americans/Slaves” go on vacation outside the country. Maybe all of the churches disbanded during that period."

I was highlighting and referring to the two most well-known time periods for the oppression and enslavement of the black race in the United States. I'm pretty sure a toddler could have come to that conclusion, but you were unable to. Why is that?

Would you like to start over?

May 8, 2013 at 10 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

About my choosing Ms. Albright over you? Better believe it. I have standards.

May 8, 2013 at 10:02 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Ikeithlu,

Everyone knows that 80% of the American media and 100% of the foreign press/media "protects" Obama! Everyone else is lying and only Fox News, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Matt Drudge and Ann Coulter know and actively tell the truth.

May 8, 2013 at 10:03 p.m.
Easy123 said...

JonRoss,

I'll take that as a complement coming from a WingNut felon.

http://catwalkchatt.com/view/full_story/13525787/article-Walker-County’s-“Most-Wanted”--Les-Coffey

May 8, 2013 at 10:05 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Buenos Aires Herald:

Delaware approves Gay Marriage: check Ohio Women: check Accident in Genoa Port: check

Benghazi hearings: No

May 8, 2013 at 10:06 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Ikeithlu,

Nothing on the hearing from Al Jazeera either.

May 8, 2013 at 10:08 p.m.
alprova said...

Found out how Jon's cases were settled. He lost.

http://wvw.timesfreepress.com/news/2012/jul/03/12-73-family-ties-chattanooga-peerless-mill/

Coffey still says that even after the property forecloses, he'll retain the water rights and rail right-of-ways. He claims that gives him the right to charge the city for sewer lines than run underneath the rail lines.

"They're going to either get off the land, or they're going to pay. And there's not going to be any negotiations," Coffey said. "We've got a right to enforce the leases, and we're going to kick them off of them. You've got a city government that destroyed [my] business."

When told of Coffey's plan to bill the city, Mayor Teddy Harris dismissed the notion.

"That's just bizarre," Harris said. "He must be having a little temper tantrum."

I'm sorry, but that's just hilarious...

May 8, 2013 at 10:09 p.m.
Maximus said...

Easy, well now wait a minute, Glenn Beck is a stretch! Beck is going to make billions, yes, billions on his Blaze network. Beck is a very creative and shrewd business man. I of course admire that. You forgot Michelle Maukin.......she be fine!

May 8, 2013 at 10:11 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

La Prensa:

South Korean president: check Bangladesh Building collapse: check Hugo Chavez' replacement: check

Benghazi hearings: nada

May 8, 2013 at 10:14 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Haaretz:

Well, pretty much all the news stories are about Israel. Being Israel is a full time job. No Benghazi hearings.

Pravda English (what a weird site)

Sex crimes in US military: check No internet in Syria: check Russian Capitalists shifting from Cyprus to Luxembourg: check

Benghazi hearings: nyet

May 8, 2013 at 10:17 p.m.
acerigger said...

HOLD THE PHONE! That tricky Kenyan Muslim Nazi Socialist has had everybody chasing their Benghazi tails while he's been buying up all the bullets so the PATRIOTS will not be able to fight TYRANNY!!! Da-yam!

May 8, 2013 at 10:21 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

We will have to develop a new fight song for Obama:

He's got the whole world, in his hands He's got the whole world, in his hands

This cover-up has layers and layers of cover-up. Only Maxie and JonRoss know the TROOTH.

May 8, 2013 at 10:24 p.m.
alprova said...

JonRoss worte: "The fact that the hearings are held now and not next year indicates that it has nothing to do with politics, and all about bringing President Obama and Mrs. Clinton to justice."

Yeah? Well...good luck with that.

May 8, 2013 at 10:28 p.m.
dude_abides said...

JonRoss kinda favors Andrew, and they've both been entertaining, in a psychotic, Quixotic way.

Sewer's Folly! LMAO

May 8, 2013 at 10:33 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

WH claims one “stylistic” change to #Benghazi talking points, but actually removed all references to terrorism. after all, there was an election to consider Jay Carney is a serial liar

May 8, 2013 at 10:33 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

ike said she had fled the great unwashed of east tennessee so you are spot on max. I don't know if she went to a compound at Sewanee or some other wealthy retirement area for Progressive elites, but she be gone, according to her.

Hahahaha. I live on a boat. Homebuilt. On the coast. Nowhere in TN. BTW, I thought you approved of wealthy retirees. I worked hard to retire early. Methinks thou art a tad jealous...

You obviously have never been to Sewanee. Given your experience you should be able to recognize a "compound" and Sewanee doesn't have any.

May 8, 2013 at 10:33 p.m.
Easy123 said...

PlainTruth,

"WH claims one “stylistic” change to #Benghazi talking points, but actually removed all references to terrorism. after all, there was an election to consider Jay Carney is a serial liar"

Is that why President Obama referred to the Benghazi attack as "acts of terror" on Sept. 12th in the Rose Garden press conference?

May 8, 2013 at 10:38 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Dealing with liars is bad, but the truth usually wins out. Dealing with intractable ideologues is downright scary.

May 8, 2013 at 10:40 p.m.
Maximus said...

To close, props to Clay for nailing Obama's ears but there is no way in hell Barry The Welfare Pimp would ever wear a cap with USA on it. After all, he is a world icon. Everyone loves Barry just ask the Libyans or the Muslim Brotherhood.

May 8, 2013 at 10:47 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

You're reduced to analyzing the hat????? That's all you got?

May 8, 2013 at 10:48 p.m.
alprova said...

I'm really going to sizzle the seats of the conspiracy crowd.

Let's suppose that the President and Mrs. Clinton intentionally lied. That's what you folks are claiming...right? They lied because the admission of a terrorist attack on an American outpost, two months prior to the election would have hurt his chances for reelection. Right?

They lied to stay in power. Right?

Were they under oath when they lied? Nope. Is it illegal for either one of them to lie about what happened in Benghazi? No it is not.

All they gotta do is to go into a closet, ask for God's forgiveness for their lie and it's all water under the bridge.

If what I have just typewritten is even close to the truth, then their lies worked like a charm.

The White House is still Barack Obama's home, where it will remain so for more than three and a half more years. Then Hillary Clinton will have the torch passed on to her, marking another entry in the history books.

This proves that sometimes ya' just gotta lie. No matter what anyone says, it was perfectly legal for them to do so and nobody can do a doggone thing about it but whine and cry like little beotches.

Are they the first politicians to lie to the American people?

You know the answer to that question.

I'm an avid supporter of President Obama and I don't care if he lied to a soul about anything. I expect to hear lies from just about every single one of our politicians.

What's one or two more?

May 8, 2013 at 10:50 p.m.
Maximus said...

Oh one more thing. Ike, Alprova, Clay Bennett, Rickaroo and Easy. The IRS is calling, they need y'all to buy a health insurance plan ASAP.....tick tock! Get on board the train wreck! LOL :)

May 8, 2013 at 10:57 p.m.
Maximus said...

Ike, come, come the USA cap would smack of patriotism and Barry would never be that tacky. Living on a boat has many security risks. I hope your significant other is either very good with a knife or a gun owner.

May 8, 2013 at 11:01 p.m.
Maximus said...

Alprova, I nailed it......your life of low expectations. Most intellectual liberals I have to put up with, and I'm not talking about the millions of low information drones the Democrats have hoodwinked intio the corral, are very, very cynical, negative and not very fun to be around. I think the intellectual cynism is a front to cover their lack of achievement or ability to compete in our ever more competitive society. Sad sack victims. Too bad.

May 8, 2013 at 11:08 p.m.
alprova said...

Maxipad wrote: "Oh one more thing. Ike, Alprova, Clay Bennett, Rickaroo and Easy. The IRS is calling, they need y'all to buy a health insurance plan ASAP.....tick tock! Get on board the train wreck! LOL :)"

I'm already covered under ObamaCare. I've had my PCIP coverage in effect for almost two years.

Thanks Mr. President!!

May 8, 2013 at 11:10 p.m.
alprova said...

Maxipad wrote: "Alprova, I nailed it......your life of low expectations. Most intellectual liberals I have to put up with, and I'm not talking about the millions of low information drones the Democrats have hoodwinked intio the corral, are very, very cynical, negative and not very fun to be around. I think the intellectual cynism is a front to cover their lack of achievement or ability to compete in our ever more competitive society. Sad sack victims. Too bad."

Gee...last night you were ecstatic over Mark Sanford's win in South Carolina.

My hero may be guilty of telling little political lies, but as far as I know, he's been quite faithful to his wife, never impeached, and he's never been censured.

Apples and oranges.

I can only laugh at your thought that liberals are negative all the time. You must never read what it is that you type all the time.

May 8, 2013 at 11:16 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

Easy123 said...

In 1933, prior to the annexation of Austria into Germany, the Christian population of Germany was 67% Protestant and 33% Catholic.

A German census in May 1939, completed more than six years into the Nazi era and incorporating the annexation of mostly Catholic Austria into Germany, indicates that 54% of Germans considered themselves Protestant, (including non-denominational Christians) and 40% considered themselves Catholic, with only 3.5% claiming to be neo-pagan "believers in God," and 1.5 % non-Christians, or "non-believers".


So you’re saying you didn’t bother yourself to review the links I provided


Christianity had declined severely in Germany at the time the Nazis came to power, which is why the Nazis were able to come to power. In his book, The Dictators, Richard Overy states that in the decades preceding the First World War Germany was becoming increasingly secular, and that after that war, from 1918 to 1931, 2.4 million Evangelical Christians formally renounced their faith as well as almost half a million Catholics.

In Prussia, only 21% of the population took communion and in Hamburg only five percent of the population took communion. Before Hitler, German religious leaders were publicly condemning the rise of moral relativism and decline of traditional religious values.

Weimar Germany largely had abandoned Christianity and increasingly was embracing hedonism, Marxism and paganism. There, decline of Christianity in Germany led directly to the rise of Nazism.

Professor Henri Lichtenberger in his 1937 book, The Third Reich, describes the religious life of the Weimar Republic as a place in which the large cities were "spiritual cemeteries" with almost no believers at all, except for those who were members of the clergy. The middle class went through the motions, but lacked all living faith. The workers, influenced by socialism, were suspicious of the church. Even in the countryside, preachers had little influence on the people.

In the 1938 book, The War Against God, by Sidney Dark and R.S. Essex, describes pre-Nazi antipathy toward Christianity by noting that churches had lost all their vitality and that their services were lifeless. Mower, in his 1938 book, Germany Puts the Clock Back, wrote that by 1920, God and Christianity had been in steady decline, a process that had begun in 1860.

This hostility or indifference toward Christianity in Europe, and especially in Germany, led naturally to a profound anti-Christian sentiment in Nazi Germany. Nazis, more than most Germans, were indifferent or hostile to Christianity. Hitler originally appeared to just ignore Christianity.

(cont.)

May 8, 2013 at 11:28 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

(cont.)

Jacob Marcus in his 1934 book by the Union of American Hebrew Congregations notes that "Though his parents were both Catholics, Hitler himself has apparently no interest in any organized religion." Marcus also has an entire section in his book about Nazi "anti-Christian anti-Semitism."


"What’s the deal between 1870 and 1950 did all of the “African-Americans/Slaves” go on vacation outside the country. Maybe all of the churches disbanded during that period."

I was highlighting and referring to the two most well-known time periods for the oppression and enslavement of the black race in the United States.


The period between 1870 to 1950 was a less repressive period for African/ Americans than the period between 1950 to 1970?

Really?

May 8, 2013 at 11:32 p.m.
Maximus said...

Al I think your, all politicians lie cynicism is in line with Cong. Cummings saying today during the Benghazi hearing in referring to the murder of four Americans at a US Government Embassy on foreign soil..ehhh "death is a part of life". Thanks Congressman, a very reassuring comment for Americans currently in harms way serving our great country. The military creed of "leave no one behind" certainly does not apply to Obama and the other cowards we currently have in leadership. If one of my kids had been killed during the Benghazi attack I think I would have jumped over the rail to choke that Obama drone and idiot Cummings. An embarrassment. No Al, most people and most politicians do not lie but coming from a partisan member of the Bill Clinton, "I did not have sex with that woman" Socialist Democrat Party I am not surprised. We all know Hillary is a big fan of U Tube watching Americans get murdered in Libya. In her words...."What difference does it make?". Obama should be impeached and Hillary retired.........permanently depends and all!

May 8, 2013 at 11:48 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Jt6,

"Christianity had declined severely in Germany at the time the Nazis came to power, which is why the Nazis were able to come to power."

Is that why nearly 100% of the country labeled themselves Protestant or Catholic before and during the Nazi reign?

"Before Hitler, German religious leaders were publicly condemning the rise of moral relativism and decline of traditional religious values."

German protestant leaders were using the teachings of Luther to support the rise of German nationalism. One of the first "treaties" by the Nazi's was with the Vatican and the Catholic Church.

"There, decline of Christianity in Germany led directly to the rise of Nazism."

Is that why Hitler and his Nazi brethren used so many references to "God" and Christian imagery in their speeches, words, etc.? The Nazi slogan was "Gott mit uns" or God on our side.

"describes the religious life of the Weimar Republic as a place in which the large cities were "spiritual cemeteries" with almost no believers at all, except for those who were members of the clergy. The middle class went through the motions, but lacked all living faith."

Then why was Hitler trying to appeal to their religious side?

"God and Christianity had been in steady decline, a process that had begun in 1860."

Not according to the few census information.

"Nazis, more than most Germans, were indifferent or hostile to Christianity."

Not according to what they put on the census.

"Hitler originally appeared to just ignore Christianity."

Hitler used it every chance he got.

May 8, 2013 at 11:52 p.m.

"death is part of life" - Stupid Democrat.

I guess the assassination of JFK and MLK can be summed up that way too?

How about the school shooting in Connecticut, and the theatre shooting in Colorado?

It's astounding how many dumb a$$es pass themselves off as Congressman and Senators. Sheila Jackson Lee, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi.

May 8, 2013 at 11:57 p.m.
Easy123 said...

Jt6,

"The period between 1870 to 1950 was a less repressive period for African/ Americans than the period between 1950 to 1970? Really?"

You don't read very well, do you? I never said that time was "less repressive". I specifically stated that those were the "most well-known time periods for the oppression and enslavement of the black race in the United States". As you can see, never once did I mention anything about any time being "less repressive", nor did I imply it.

Are you unaware of that the pre-Civil War era was a historically infamous time for slavery and the pre-Civil Rights era was a historically infamous time for segregation? Or are you just playing dumb?

May 8, 2013 at 11:58 p.m.
Maximus said...

No calling out Marxist Socialist thugs intent on "transforming" a country that I love into a third world utopia run by an elitist ruling class is quite positive and productive for those that believe in freedom and our Constitution. Politicians aren't perfect but I do like the ones that will call in the Calvary to save even one American. To any and all parents of kids of military enlistment age.....DO NOT LET THEM ENLIST AS LONG AS OBAMA IS PRESIDENT. He and others will leave them behind if it means winning an election or saving face.

May 9, 2013 at midnight
PlainTruth said...

Getting bogged down in Rice's talking points semantics unnecessary. Obama was still focused on video at UN 2 wks after attack. Why?

May 9, 2013 at 12:02 a.m.
alprova said...

"Al I think your, all politicians lie cynicism is in line with Cong."

Oh, I see...you're going to play the naive card, eh?

"Cummings saying today during the Benghazi hearing in referring to the murder of four Americans at a US Government Embassy on foreign soil..ehhh "death is a part of life"."

It's 100% true. Everyone dies. Not one of us is guaranteed tomorrow. If you work in a foreign country where there is a presence of Islamic terrorists, you may find that death a little sooner than you care for.

"Thanks Congressman, a very reassuring comment for Americans currently in harms way serving our great country."

No one forces them to do it.

"The military creed of "leave no one behind" certainly does not apply to Obama and the other cowards we currently have in leadership."

Yet...how many of our military have died over the years, who were left behind?

"If one of my kids had been killed during the Benghazi attack I think I would have jumped over the rail to choke that Obama drone and idiot Cummings."

Sure you would.

"No Al, most people and most politicians do not lie but coming from a partisan member of the Bill Clinton, "I did not have sex with that woman" Socialist Democrat Party I am not surprised."

Sir...every single politician who has ever run for office has lied about something. Some about everything. And it's not just Democrats who do it. Republicans lie all the time.

"We all know Hillary is a big fan of U Tube watching Americans get murdered in Libya. In her words...."What difference does it make?"."

And she is 100% correct. What difference does it make? They are dead. They are not going to be revived. And everybody did their job once they were notified that it was happening or happened.

"Obama should be impeached and Hillary retired.........permanently depends and all!"

Your opinion is noted for the record. Your opinion will never result in any expected realistic outcome.

So go ahead and type it ten thousand times. Obama will finish out his last term, Hillary will be elected his successor, and all this political posturing will have been for naught.

The Republicans are about to run out of tricks to try to use to dazzle the voters. But, I have no doubt that they will come up with something.

May 9, 2013 at 12:04 a.m.
Easy123 said...

zab,

"death is part of life" - Stupid Democrat."

Do you mouth-breathing, Rush Limbaugh nut-hugger jackoffs ever read anything in context? The man was making a statement about using these deaths as wake up call to prevent such things from happening in the future.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/05/08/dem_congressman_at_benghazi_hearing_death_is_a_part_of_life.html

May 9, 2013 at 12:05 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Plain_Jack_Dennis,

"Getting bogged down in Rice's talking points semantics unnecessary. Obama was still focused on video at UN 2 wks after attack. Why?"

There were anti-Americans protests and threats in 20 countries from September 11th to September 14th because of that very video. Including several other attacks on U.S. consulates/embassies in Yemen, Chennai, and Tunisia.

May 9, 2013 at 12:11 a.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

Easy

It's just odd that you didn't just post the period from 1770 to 1970 and be done with it. The fact that you went to the trouble to not include the period from 1870 to 1950 is very strange to say the least.

Even today if a census taker came to the door (yes I know most are mailed in) of most Americans today they would declare themselves as being identified with one of the many christian faiths. They would do that even though they have not attended any religious service in 30 years. Its just human nature to not be an outsider and they wouldn't want the census taker to think of them that way. Its a common problem of poll takers when dealing with certain types of questions.

In the 1930's the pressure to identify as religious would be even greater here or in Germany. Those census data are meaningless because at that time all census data was collected face to face.

May 9, 2013 at 12:15 a.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

Hitler saw the church as an opponent force that could have influence over Germans to his detriment. His overriding intent was to create a Nazi church that would be answerable to the state. Early in his rule he used much religious propaganda to attempt to sway the masses to his false church. Once he had total control of the state he started arresting and executing religious leaders and activists that directly opposed him.

May 9, 2013 at 12:23 a.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

MasterBlaster said...

If you're foolish enough to throw your money at a "god", then you deserve to be separated from it as quickly as possible.


I’m pretty sure that applies for “gods”both on and off planet.

Have you made you regular tithe payment to your “messiah” or his/her PAC or NGO?

May 9, 2013 at 12:28 a.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

lkeithlu said...

PT, it's not about his sex life, it's about his being a hypocrite (conservative family values, anyone?) and being dishonest.


Good news for the “Wiener”

Well, it is New York City after all.

May 9, 2013 at 12:31 a.m.
Easy123 said...

Jt6,

"It's just odd that you didn't just post the period from 1770 to 1970 and be done with it."

How is it odd that I was making a distinct reference to slavery and segregation in the United States?

"The fact that you went to the trouble to not include the period from 1870 to 1950 is very strange to say the least."

I didn't go through any trouble and I wasn't "excluding" that period. I was making a direct reference to the two most infamous and well-known periods of "non-freedom" in a Christian country.

I find it even more strange that you are trying to make this into something it isn't. Are you being disingenuous or are you trying to wriggle your way out of trying to explain why you lied about what was actually said. You know full well what I was alluding to, yet you act like there is something behind it and it was "strange".

"They would do that even though they have not attended any religious service in 30 years."

Any good Christian knows that attending religious services has nothing to do with your personal "faith".

"Its just human nature to not be an outsider and they wouldn't want the census taker to think of them that way."

Are you actually reading what you're writing? It's called talking out of your ass. You're making it up as you go along.

"Its a common problem of poll takers when dealing with certain types of questions."

Your original premise is flawed though. Just because someone doesn't go to religious services doesn't mean they are no longer a follower of that religion.

"In the 1930's the pressure to identify as religious would be even greater here or in Germany."

You just got done saying how "Germany was hardly a devout Christian nation prior to or during WW2". Why would any of those Germans feel the pressure of identifying as religious in a country that was seemingly "losing" it's religion?

"Those census data are meaningless because at that time all census data was collected face to face."

The census data is not meaningless. You have yet to establish any sort of proof that face to face census data collection had any effect on the way people responded to questions of religious preference. And your entire premise was flawed considering you were confining "Christian" to someone that attends religious services.

You argument is fallacious, your logical is flawed and the onus is still on you to prove your own claims to which use to dismiss the facts.

May 9, 2013 at 12:39 a.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

Gallup:

Americans' expression of an explicit religious identity in response to a survey interviewer's question is one of many measures of religiosity, although by no means a definitive measure of a person's religiousness or spirituality.


http://www.esomar.org/uploads/public/knowledge-and-standards/codes-and-guidelines/WAPOR-ESOMAR_Guidelines.pdf

Results can be subject to “mode effects”: that is,some people might, consciously or sub-consciously, give different answers depending on whether they are asked questions in person by an interviewer,or impersonally in self-completion surveys sent by post or email/Internet.There is some evidence that anonymous self-completion surveys may secure greater candor on some sensitive issues, than face-to-face or telephone surveys.


http://www.wpi.edu/Images/CMS/SSPS/Doyle_-_Face-to-Face_Surveys.pdf

There is also evidence that questions of a personal nature are less likely to be answered fully and honestly in a face-to-face survey. This is probably because respondents lose the feeling of anonymity that is easily maintained when the researcher is safely ensconced in an office building miles away. In addition, since face-to-face interviews put people on the spot by requiring an immediate answer, questions that require a lot of reflection or a search for personal records are better handled by the self-paced format of a mail survey.


http://www.pewforum.org/Unaffiliated/nones-on-the-rise.aspx

Pew Research Center surveys conducted over the last 10 years, for example, find modest growth in the number of people who say they seldom or never attend religious services, as well as a declining number who say they never doubt the existence of God.

In 2012, just 50% of those who say they seldom or never attend religious services still retain a religious affiliation – a 10-point drop in five years. These trends suggest that the ranks of the unaffiliated are swelling in surveys partly because Americans who rarely go to services are more willing than in the past to drop their religious attachments altogether.

May 9, 2013 at 2:03 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

Religious attachments and belief are not the same. Most people believe in a god or gods, even if they don't attend worship services.

Hitler saw the church as an opponent force that could have influence over Germans to his detriment. His overriding intent was to create a Nazi church that would be answerable to the state. Early in his rule he used much religious propaganda to attempt to sway the masses to his false church. Once he had total control of the state he started arresting and executing religious leaders and activists that directly opposed him.

Your interpretation is that religion was not important in Germany is contradicted by this passage. If the church had no influence why did Hitler see it as a threat?

Hitler believed that the Aryans were God's chosen. If he tried to reduce the influence of the church, it was because he was replacing it with religiously supported nationalism. But Hitler did believe in God and that God was supportive of the Reich. He successfully welded nationalism with Christianity. An "anti-God" approach would have never worked in any country where the people were overwhelmingly religious (Lutheran and Catholic). As far as executing opponents, no one is denying that. But his opponents came from all areas, and were not just clergy.

Today German church attendance is down. That has more to do with the fact that if you are on a church membership roll, you are taxed.

May 9, 2013 at 7:12 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.