Events and seminars
• Hixson Council Community Coffee at 8 a.m. Tuesday at Country Inn & Suites: 5000 New Country Drive. The event is free and open to the public.
• QuickBooks Set Up from 8 a.m. to noon Tuesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The $95 seminar walks attendees through the process of setting up business finances in QuickBooks. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place: 2232 Center St. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Contact Brenda Harrison to register in advance at 423-763-4320 or email@example.com.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Meeting from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at Collegedale City Hall: 4910 Swinyar Drive. Maggie Carrington, director of human resources for CBL & Associates Properties, Inc., will speak on "Driving Vision: The Leader's Role."
• Overview of Financial Planning for Business Owners from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The session will explore issues related to debt and equity funding, tax planning, insurance and retirement, as well as benefit plans and succession planning for business owners. The event is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. To register, call 423-756-8668.
• Hixson Council Meeting at noon Wednesday at North River Civic Center: 1009 Executive Drive. Hamilton County Commissioner Marty Haynes will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• National Encore Entrepreneur Event from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Attendees will have the opportunity to speak with a trained mentor one-on-one, learn positive ebbs and flows of business ownership and find out if entrepreneurship is a viable option for generating cash flow. The program is a partnership between the U.S. Small Business Administration, Tennessee Small Business Development Center, Chattanooga SCORE and BrightBridge Women's Business Center. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Business After Hours/North Hamilton County Council Meeting from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Budweiser of Chattanooga: 200 Shearer St. The annual event will support schools in the North Hamilton County Council footprint.
• Small Business Orientation from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Community Leadership Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday at the Chattanooga Convention Center: 1150 Carter St. Mayor Andy Berke will speak, and the program will recognize nearly 40 graduates from the 2012-2013 Leadership Chattanooga Class.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress