The Howard School and Soddy-Daisy High will be among more than a dozen Hamilton County schools under new leadership in the fall.
Superintendent Rick Smith has announced several leadership changes at schools and the central office.
Howard Principal Paul Smith will be moving to Tyner Middle Academy, after requesting a change himself, the superintendent said. And Soddy-Daisy’s John Maynard will become an assistant principal at his own request. The superintendent said he will announce replacement principals for both schools in the coming weeks.
Other changes include:
• Wendy Jung, principal at Tyner Middle Academy, has accepted a two-year Research and Professional Development Fellowship with the Teachers Development Group.
• Aimee Randolph, principal at Thrasher Elementary, will become the lead director of instruction at the central office.
• Becky Coleman, principal at Calvin Donaldson Elementary, will become the K-12 literacy director in the central office.
• Jim Boles, current assistant principal at Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences, will become principal there, replacing Barbara Jordan, who is retiring.
• Regina Brock, principal at Lookout Valley Elementary, will become principal at Thrasher Elementary.
• Cherrye Robertson, assistant principal at Calvin Donaldson, will become principal there.
• Alison Taylor, assistant principal at Nolan Elementary, will become principal at Lookout Valley Elementary.
• Gail Huffstutler, assistant principal at Bess T. Shepherd Elementary, will become principal at East Ridge Elementary, replacing Carol Langston, who is retiring.
• Allison DeYoung, assistant principal at Apison Elementary, will become principal at Ganns Middle-Valley Elementary, replacing Sandra Jerardi, who is retiring.
• Julie Fine, assistant principal at Wallace A. Smith Elementary, will become principal at Hixson Elementary, replacing Danna Thorne, who is moving out of state.
Kevin rejoined the Times Free Press in August 2011 as the Southeast Tennessee K-12 education reporter. He worked as an intern in 2009, covering the communities of Signal Mountain, Red Bank, Collegedale and Lookout Mountain, Tenn. A native Kansan, Kevin graduated with bachelor's degrees in journalism and sociology from the University of Kansas. After graduating, he worked as an education reporter in Hutchinson, Kan., for a year before coming back to Chattanooga. Honors include a ...