published Friday, November 1st, 2013

The Safety Net

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

124
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
fairmon said...

joneses, if the numbers haven't been released by the HHS as to how alprova from yesterday....

many people have signed up for ObamaCare, how is CBS in any position to know that only six people signed up on day one?

Actually that came from the congressional committee in a White House document containing that information. However, that number means nothing. The number at the end of December will be critical.

November 1, 2013 at 12:50 a.m.
nucanuck said...

Long term permanent job losses have millions of long-time workers unable to find work for the first time in their lives. The hard truth is that the US now has 100 million working age people who are not working and the number is growing. Only ten million of those people are counted as unemployed.

The US, and many other developed countries, are facing large surpluses of labor. The governments cannot take care of these people, but they also cannot do nothing and risk social upheaval. We are facing a societal crisis and we need a careful thoughtful approach to be fair, but within our means, in addressing the needs of our neighbors.

November 1, 2013 at 1:02 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon, that was NOT an official White House document. It allegedly came from notes that were taken at a meeting between of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight, and as yet unnamed Administration officials.

Those numbers were reported by only Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina, Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas City, CareSource and Healthcare Service Corp.

It was not an accurate report of all insurers. It also does not reflect enrollments that may have been completed by phone.

These "notes" were submitted by one of the 11 contractors in complying with a request by the Congressional panel "investigating" the ObamaCare website debacle.

It was released to the media by none other than Darrell Issa.

Also in the "notes" is a little factoid not being reported, that on those first tow days, more than 40,000 people signed up but did not choose a plan on those first two days. That also may be due to malfunctions on the website.

7 million is all they need to sign up initially to hit the targets set for the roll out of ObamaCare. I'm sure that will happen and then some, by March 31, 2014.

November 1, 2013 at 1:20 a.m.
fairmon said...

The tense in the header is wrong. It should be in the present tense and say can't allow the net to be a hammock instead of in the future tense, not to become one. The use of the net by those not needing it causes it to look like a hammock or a ham hock. A few billion here and a few billion there could do a lot for those truly in need. $23 billion paid in error by Medicare is just one example and that is in error which is in addition to the fraud and abuse. A few billion in HUD, a few billion in military contracts, a few billion in uncollected taxes, a few billion in frivolous pork and on and on. Those not in the billions mean nothing to congress and they often say those in the millions are insignificant amounts but additively they are not insignificant.

November 1, 2013 at 1:33 a.m.
fairmon said...

Why would the president say to an audience "if you have one of those inadequate plans but like it you can keep it". I had not seen that video clip before this evening.

Alprova, you are defending the defenseless. Why do that, the president has proven he doesn't know the details of the act and should quit pretending he does. The AHA has passed and will be at some point in place. I am of the opinion Valerie Jarrett does not serve him well. He didn't seem to have much problem when Emanuel was his main man. I am confident she was behind trotting the gal out in the Benghazi media blitz blaming a video for a spontaneous attack. You have not and will not see her before congress. She has her own agenda, I wonder if her loyalty is to someone other than the president? George Soros maybe?

November 1, 2013 at 1:48 a.m.
alprova said...

nucanuck wrote: "Long term permanent job losses have millions of long-time workers unable to find work for the first time in their lives. The hard truth is that the US now has 100 million working age people who are not working and the number is growing. Only ten million of those people are counted as unemployed."

nucanuck, you're repeating Alex Jones, Infowars distortions that have went viral around the web.

That 100 million number only becomes fact, if you include every single person who has reached the age of 65, everyone who is disabled, and everyone who is currently attending college.

From the first two categories above, you can immediately reduce it by 62,871,000 who are disabled or retired, leaving 37,129,000 people who may or may not be working at least part-time, which most college students do.

A quick check of stats shows that approximately 21 million are enrolled and attending colleges around the nation. 18% pay their own way through college, through full-time employment.

There goes another 3,780,000, which brings the unemployed down to 33,349,000.

80% of all college students work a part-time job. There goes another 16,549,000 who at least work part-time, leaving the true, totally unemployed at around 16,549,000.

There are approximately 160 million people in the United States who are working age.

Without considering any other factors, such as housewives who are not interested in working outside the home, Independently wealthy, who have no need for a job, or anything else that would preclude someone from needing a job, the percentage of people who are unemployed is reduced to about 10.3% of all working age Americans.

nucanuck, I usually enjoy reading your posts, but you truly dropped a turd with your offering this morning.

Do you really believe that the United States has an unemployment rate of 62.5% and that just 37.5% of all working age is supporting this nation?

C'mon, you're smarter than that.

November 1, 2013 at 1:54 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Alprova, you are defending the defenseless. Why do [you do] that[?] [T]he president has proven he doesn't know the details of the act and should quit pretending he does."

Fairmon, I have repeatedly stated that at the time that promise was offered, unless one selects the insurer, pays 100% of their premiums, and it is not a stripped down policy that pays little or nothing towards one's health care, that promise never applied to them.

Some people, for some reason, cannot use common sense at all. They take everything literal and can't seem to understand that they may not be included whenever a generalization is offered.

That promise most certainly should have been offset with a disclaimer or two, but that's neither here nor there now.

Many believe that Obama lies, that he sponsors cronyism ties, and a minority of the nation cries.

November 1, 2013 at 2:09 a.m.
alprova said...

I'm going to amend my figures above, to reflect statistics I dug up after I wrote my earlier post, to ward off a hyena attack.

The total number of working age Americans, according to the last census, which includes all those between the age of 16-65 years of age, is approximately 194,296,087. Round it off to around 200 million or so, given that the last census is about three years old now.

62% of seniors over the age of 65 work at least part-time.

38% of seniors over the age of 65 work at least 35 hours per week.

Adding in these people, who are actively working, only boosts the total number who ARE employed, which also reduces the percentage of age-eligible workers who are NOT working even more.

7.2 percent is about right!!

People can moan and groan about the President, but the fact remains that unemployment peaked four years ago, in October, 2009, at an even 10%, and it has been slowly, but steadily falling ever since.

The unemployment rate at it's lowest point in the last two decades, was 4.3%, which occurred in February and April of 2007, which was just before everything fell apart.

Unemployment rose a total of 5.7% since that low. Unemployment has come down 2.8% in the last four years. We're nearly half way to where this nation needs to be.

Obama has three more years in office. If the unemployment numbers continue to decline, even at the slow rate they have in the last four years, unemployment could very well be around 5%, which will be bad news for the Republicans come 2016.

All this hyperbole over ObamaCare wrecking the country doesn't seem to be supported by any one of the economic indicators.

And you wonder why he doesn't respond to all the negativity spewed by the Republicans.

He doesn't have to. The numbers tell the true story.

November 1, 2013 at 2:29 a.m.
anniebelle said...

Here's another trick used by the un-American GOP to sabotage President Obama's ACA.

Republicans’ new Obamacare attack line hinges on allegations that the contractor in charge of building the disastrous healthcare.gov website landed the gig through sweetheart deals from the Obama administration.

But according to Federal Election Commission records, that company’s PAC gave more to House Republicans than House Democrats during the 2012 cycle — including a $2,000 check for the GOP’s chief scandal investigator, Oversight Committee Chair Darrell Issa. What’s more, executives of CGI Federal personally gave more than twice as much to GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney than to President Obama. The contractor has also feasted on more than $2.4 billion worth of IT work dating back to the early Bush Administration. They are just full of nasty little tricks for their gullible, misinformed constituents.

November 1, 2013 at 5:24 a.m.
fairmon said...

Why would the president say to an audience "if you have one of those inadequate plans but like it you can keep it". I had not seen that video clip before this evening.

alpro responds with....

Fairmon, I have repeatedly stated that at the time that promise was offered, unless one selects the insurer, pays 100% of their premiums, and it is not a stripped down policy that pays little or nothing towards one's health care, that promise never applied to them. and alpro said...

Some people, for some reason, cannot use common sense at all. They take everything literal and can't seem to understand that they may not be included whenever a generalization is offered.

It was not said as a generalization nor did he say generally if you like it etc. He said if you had a stripped down policy and liked it you could keep it. He never added a disclaimer instead added emphasis like PERIOD and I can guarantee if you like what you have you can keep it. He did accurately describe the grandfather provision. I would bet no one, including you, thought at the time those promises did not apply to them.

You are right that it is a mute point it is going to be implemented with some exceptions. I agree the statements were more likely out if ignorance not a lie. You are aware of the changes to the grandfathering provision after the bill was passed. I would also bet his people did not inform him of the changes to that provision.

November 1, 2013 at 5:31 a.m.
fairmon said...

alpro said....

7.2 percent is about right!!

People can moan and groan about the President, but the fact remains that unemployment peaked four years ago, in October, 2009, at an even 10%, and it has been slowly, but steadily falling ever since.

alpro that does sound like a talking point. An accurate measurement is the household survey of how many people between the ages of 16 and 65 are working either full time or part time. That number is currently around 63% which is the lowest in 50 years. That is a government issued number that is not used by the media.

One problem with unemployment figures issued weekly then updated later is it does not include those who have exhausted unemployment compensation, those no longer seeking employment and counts those with two part time jobs as two people employed.

The accuracy of either number is debatable but the increase in food stamps recipients and other welfare program participation are good indicators of a serious jobs problem. The jobs available are of two extremes, critical and highly skilled or no skills service jobs.

November 1, 2013 at 5:50 a.m.
fairmon said...

No one seems to be considering the impact of purchasing power the AHA will have. It will be similar to higher gas prices which have more to do with reduced demand and impact the floundering economy than income taxes. The $2500 lower premiums is not projected by the CBO in fact a higher average premium cost is projected and insurers say about 20% and more than 20% in some cases. The high deductibles and co-pays are not included when projecting lower premiums so suggesting cost to consumers will be lower is not an accurate claim.

There is only one way to know and that is do like the president says "let's get this done". There is no longer a reason or a way to delay. People need to know if it is the best thing since ice cream or if the ice cream laced with arsenic? The roar of the cannon has been heard, now we need a hole in the target which is rare when the cannon is fired in D.C.. We shall soon see.

November 1, 2013 at 6:10 a.m.
limric said...

LOL, thats great Clay.

Coming soon, the 'Grand Betrayal'...umm...I mean 'Bargain' as the blue wolf uses his scissors as well; while making sure the knots are securely tied on the trapeze size net for the EIC and a host of other corporate elites.

Remember, write to whomever your representatives are, especially the President, and say NO to the TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership).

November 1, 2013 at 6:20 a.m.
fairmon said...

anniebelle said...

Here's another trick used by the un-American GOP to sabotage President Obama's ACA.

Republicans’ new Obamacare attack line hinges on allegations that the contractor in charge of building the disastrous healthcare.gov website landed the gig through sweetheart deals from the Obama administration.

How is the contractor allegation sabotaging the AHA? Regardless of who the contractor is or how they were selected the darn web site and other processes to purchase healthcare insurance through an exchange is not working. Not even Obama blames republicans nor did he blame Bush for the failure.

The no bid contracting process was passed, I think, in Bush seniors time in office. It was for urgent and immediate needs when the bidding process would be too time consuming and it was primarily intended for the military. However it is true in this case they only had three years to build and test this web site so I assume the no bid selection of this primary contractor is legitimate.

The government can sue a contractor to recover their cost if the contactor fails to deliver a product that fails to fulfill the scope of work provided them. Assuming the expectations provided the contractor were accurate and thorough what do you think those with fiduciary responsibility of our tax dollars will do?

November 1, 2013 at 6:34 a.m.
anniebelle said...

fairmon says: How is the contractor allegation sabotaging the AHA? I don't know anything about the AHA. I do know about the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The people fighting this plan will try any under the table trick to undermine this law. Discrediting the website seems to be the only childish scheme you can muster. Maybe your 'think tanks' can come up with some more devious, but for now, that seems to be the plan. If you can't figure that one out, you need more help than I can give you.

November 1, 2013 at 6:59 a.m.
limric said...

Anniebelle,

It's called 'Discredation Desperation'.

November 1, 2013 at 7:09 a.m.
prairie_dog said...

Too late.

November 1, 2013 at 7:19 a.m.
AndrewLohr said...

Safety net? Liberal, big-government war on the poor is more like it.

A housing inspector comes in from his suburb, tells a poor family their dwelling is condemned, and goes home to his suburb. War on the poor?

New taxi companies are told they must prove they won't hurt existing companies. Most poor people have cars they could sell rides with. War on the poor?

Hair braiders are told they must go to barber school for a year. War on the poor?

A man who knows what medicine he needs is told he must pay a doctor to prescribe it for him War on the poor?

Our President sends his own daughters to private school while trying to shut down D.C.'s voucher program which gives poor parents the power to reward good schools and punish bad ones. War on the poor?

New regulations force the cancellation of insurance policies our President promised we could keep, "Period.". War on the poor?

A lawyer obtains "sanctions" from a judge against a poor man at a hearing of which he was not informed, and when he later shows up to argue he is told that it is now "moot." War on the poor?

Drugs are cheap in Canada, but we're told we can't buy them from there. GOP war on the poor?

Taxes are so complex a poor man is afraid to start a new business lest it get snarled in red tape and penalties. War on the poor?

My family throws away leftovers, has an overflowing pantry, has plenty of $$$ left on EBT (food stamp) card...do we respect the efficiency of this program?

More libertarianism please, to help the poor.

November 1, 2013 at 7:35 a.m.
joneses said...

Another obama lie. "We are all in this (obamacare) together". If that is true why is did obama allow to grant 1200 exemptions including himself?

November 1, 2013 at 7:42 a.m.
joneses said...

Official White House documents are lies that come from the Liar in Chief, Hussein Obama.

November 1, 2013 at 8:23 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

Oh Joneses you poor little boy,

The waivers you're literally foaming at the mouth about were granted to companies (such as McDonald’s or other fast food chains) and other organizations that provided inexpensive bare-bones health plans known as "mini-meds," in what the administration called "a bridge" to 2014, when the law would be fully implemented. That's because the law says that annual coverage limits can't be lower than $750,000 in 2013 -- and there are no annual dollar limits starting in 2014. So without those waivers, employees in those plans might have been left in the lurch until the law fully went into effect. ~Washington Post

As always, the tenor of your post is accusatory and you're wrong (as always) suggesting the waivers are permanent -- or are going to Obama worshiping groups. The waivers expire in a few months.

Inflammatory nonsense; you must be auditioning for a position as a conservative talk radio show host.

November 1, 2013 at 8:32 a.m.
jesse said...

If the ACA startup was a 747 on take off? It augured into the hanger wall and burned!NEVER even made it to the runway!Now they are trying to patch it up so it can at least get in the air!

Obama's thought is "one way or another this sucker is gonna at least get off the ground"!!GOOD LUCK!!

November 1, 2013 at 8:40 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

ALPO says: "Some people, for some reason, cannot use common sense at all. They take everything literal and can't seem to understand that they may not be included whenever a generalization is offered. Good one, Al. And a new tact. Now they're not lies, they're generalizations You rock, Alpo!!

November 1, 2013 at 8:47 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

You guys just can't let it go.When the web site is fixed ACA will be just fine. When they trash the filibuster, then things will get back to sanity.

This cartoon is obviously directed at the mindset of Robin Smith's last political screed, not the ACA.

November 1, 2013 at 8:48 a.m.
yddem said...

Andrew Lohr's family receives food stamps? How can he claim to be a libertarian?

November 1, 2013 at 8:51 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

AntiBelle says "They are just full of nasty little tricks for their gullible, misinformed constituents." Gullible, Belle? Funny you should use that word. You being amongst the largest, and most destructive group of gullibelievers ever known. Funny, almost.

November 1, 2013 at 8:55 a.m.
joneses said...

Mickey punk,

Like all liberals you did not mention the waivers to the unions, congress, obama, sbitchelius, and other self proclaimed elitist you support. A waiver is a waiver you poor foolish incompetent punk. You probably think obastardcare is about healthcare. It is not you fool. It is another step in the direction of the liberal agenda of the government taking over every aspect of our lives. Next will be the government take over of energy to control us more. But incompetent fools like you need to be controlled because you and the rest of you gullible liberals could not get off a broken escalator without the government telling you how. It is amazing you idiots that support the Liar in Chief never ask him what he wants to fundamentally change America to. Oh, that is right, it does not matter because you are so stupid and blind you would follow this POS in the White House off a cliff like the lemmings you are. LOL! I find it absolutely amazing you blind foolish liberals never hold o'bastard accountable for any of his lies. You really believe every word this piece of sh!t says. Amazing! LOL!

November 1, 2013 at 8:55 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

IQ: Website? That's only the tip of the effed up iceberg.

November 1, 2013 at 8:57 a.m.
fairmon said...

anniebelle said...

Here's another trick used by the un-American GOP to sabotage President Obama's ACA.

Republicans’ new Obamacare attack line hinges on allegations that the contractor in charge of building the disastrous healthcare.gov website landed the gig through sweetheart deals from the Obama administration.

OK, I will ask it again with the with it written out. How are the contractor allegation sabotaging the affordable care act? Who the contractor is or how they were selected the darn web site and other processes to purchase healthcare insurance through an exchange is not working. Not even Obama blames republicans nor did he blame Bush for the failure.

The no bid contracting process was passed, I think, in Bush seniors time in office. It was for urgent and immediate needs when the bidding process would be too time consuming and it was primarily intended for the military. However it is true in this case they only had three years to build and test this web site so I assume the no bid selection of this primary contractor is legitimate.

The government can sue a contractor to recover their cost if the contactor fails to deliver a product that fails to fulfill the scope of work provided them. Assuming the expectations provided the contractor were accurate and thorough what do you think those with fiduciary responsibility of our tax dollars will do?

November 1, 2013 at 9:06 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

KOANJo (aka Joneses),

Who'd you think is in all 1200 exemptions? Just McDonalds? Good god!!

The Republican Party are certainly getting a bang for their buck with you. They are at war with the middle class and the poor and have convinced YOU to fight yourself.

As bugs bunny used to say, "What a maroon."

November 1, 2013 at 9:17 a.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

Andrew Lohr wrote:

"My family throws away leftovers, has an overflowing pantry, has plenty of $$$ left on EBT (food stamp) card...do we respect the efficiency of this program?"

The hypocrisy of Lohr. Libertarian Liars for Jesus.

yddem said...

"Andrew Lohr's family receives food stamps? How can he claim to be a libertarian?"

Go to youtube and find the videos where Lohr plays his accordian and sings. Don't have food or drink in your mouth while watching to prevent spit-takes or choking from laughter.

Apparently, Jesus likes unemployed middle-aged men in bathrobes playing bad accordian music (is there any other kind?) who lives on food stamps and complains about government welfare for other people.

Makes perfect sense.

November 1, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Joneses says "I find it absolutely amazing you blind foolish liberals never hold o'bastard accountable for any of his lies." They're not LIES, Joneses. They're GENERALIZATIONS

November 1, 2013 at 9:19 a.m.
fairmon said...

anniebelle said...

The people fighting this plan will try any under the table trick to undermine this law. Discrediting the website seems to be the only childish scheme you can muster.

If you have been paying attention I want the plan to be fully implemented and the sooner the better. No one has to discredit the web site it accomplished that without help. Are you blaming those that are upset and criticizing the web site roll out as devious or as traitors? President Obama said it was inexcusable so I guess you consider him part of the problem and that he is undermining the web site as well?

I am not a republican but you seem to have an inordinate hate for anything republican. However, the criticizing of the web site and the process is not limited to the pub's.

November 1, 2013 at 9:20 a.m.
alprova said...

yddem wrote: "Andrew Lohr's family receives food stamps? How can he claim to be a libertarian?"

Yesterday, I kinda came to his defense on that accusation.

Today, I am shaking my head, because apparently, he is proud to announce his participation, is proud of his "overflowing pantry," and his financial stewardship in maintaining a balance on his EBT card.

Is it any wonder why Libertarians are thought of as kooks?

November 1, 2013 at 9:21 a.m.
fairmon said...

anniebelle are you ignoring the question? You don't have to be a republican to not want tax dollars wasted or spent frivolously.

The government can sue a contractor to recover their cost if the contactor fails to deliver a product that fails to fulfill the scope of work provided them. Assuming the expectations provided the contractor were accurate and thorough what do you think those with fiduciary responsibility of our tax dollars will do?

November 1, 2013 at 9:25 a.m.
joneses said...

falmouth

You see the Republicans as sabotaging o'bastardcare while true American's see the Republicans trying to save America from ruin from o'bastard and the blind that follow him from complete government control of every aspect of our lives. O'bastard care is not about healthcare. It is about o"bastard "Fundamentally Changing" America into a socialist country with more government intrusion in our lives. The proof lies in in fact that pelosi, reid, o"bastard, and all the other liberal, socialist dummycrats that voted for o'bastardcare did not even know what was in it before they voted for it. That is a perfect example of blindly following an ideology whose purpose is to "Fundamentally Change America" or "Move the Country Forward" to socialist ruin that has not worked anywhere in the world. Either you liberals are stupid or you support the eventual takeover of every aspect of all our lives. Or it could be both because if you think American's will be better off under a dictatorial regime then you are stupid.

By the way, I will be canceling my employer offered insurance to my 28 employees and place them into the exchanges. That could be more than $20,000.00 more per month in my pocket. I will probably give the employees a pay increase to offset some of the cost but at the end of the day my companies value will look better to a buyer. But like sebitchelius says, "I am just following the law". LOL! If I thought obastardcare was about healthcare I would not be having this discussion.

November 1, 2013 at 9:29 a.m.
alprova said...

joneses wrote: "By the way, I am canceling my employer offered insurance to my 28 employees and putting them into the exchanges. That will be more than $20,000.00 more per month in my pocket. But like sebitchelius says, "I am just following the law". LOL!"

How many people do you think believe that you have 28 employees?

If you do, and if you cancel any portion of their benefits, you're likely going to be spending a great deal of time in the near future replacing the ones who move on to bigger and better jobs.

Rinse and repeat. Employers like you claim to be are a dime a dozen, and so are such jobs. It is easy to imagine you standing over your workers while cracking a whip.

It would be a hoot to meet you in person.

I'm betting that you hide in a closet to post the things you do each day, because no man with the mindset you represent would have enough faculties to be able to run any business.

You're a dejected worker, at best.

November 1, 2013 at 9:43 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo: Beware of spreading generalizations about Lohr.

November 1, 2013 at 9:44 a.m.
limric said...

There's something I'd like to know. It has been said (here specifically) that Obama wants to change/destroy America.

To what exactly? Is there evidence supporting pending destruction by Obama? Is such evidence fact based or inflammatory rhetoric ?

If, as it has been claimed here, Obama's father was a Kenyan socialist, and thus he must also be, then doesn't it also hold true that as Ted Cruz's father was a Cuban, he's a Communist?

So who really wants to change America? What the hell are we talking about here?

And as I've said before, I'm not an Obama supporter.

November 1, 2013 at 9:49 a.m.
alprova said...

PT wrote: "Alpo: Beware of spreading generalizations about Lohr."

I'm pleased to see that you've learned a new word and are on a quest to used it in sentences several times today.

November 1, 2013 at 9:50 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Thanks for caring, alps.

President Barack Obama’s approval rating has declined to an all-time low as public frustration with Washington and pessimism about the nation’s direction continue to grow, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The Generalizer in Chief's ratings going down faster than a ho on payday

November 1, 2013 at 9:58 a.m.
jesse said...

LIMRIC, Obama is too inept to undertake a project as MASSIVE as changing the structure of the Govmt! He's like a BLIND HOGG lookin for an acorn!He took the job knowin he was totaly unqualifid and out of his depth and fig. he could SHUCK AND JIVE and get byfor 4 years!THEN he messed around and got RE ELECTED and then it was "HEY COACH,WHATTA I DO NOW"!Obama is an IDJIT being led around by his Staff and advisors! He has not a CLUE and that ain't gonna change!!

November 1, 2013 at 9:59 a.m.
soakya said...

I'd say more people believe he has 28 employees than you are or ever were a CPA. you couldn't even keep your word on being done with this forum. like the president you have been proven to be a liar and as far as I know joneses hasn't. you and the president have no creditability.

November 1, 2013 at 10:17 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

soak: Alpo doesn't lie. Like his Dear Leader, he only generalizes.

November 1, 2013 at 10:23 a.m.
limric said...

Yea OK Jesse, I get it. That's your opinion of him and his performance. It doesn't address my question though.

A) Does Obama want to change/destroy America?

B) Is there evidence supporting pending destruction - by Obama?

C) Is such evidence fact based or inflammatory rhetoric?

Opinions not withstanding.

November 1, 2013 at 10:25 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Congressman Joe Wilson should receive the Medal of Freedom.

November 1, 2013 at 10:27 a.m.
jesse said...

Soakya!Alprova see's himself as the supreme auth. of what is REAL on here!He has a real prob.w/ the fact that in his real day to day life he is insigniicant so he get on here to BLOW up his self esteem!He feels that on this forum he IS somebody of WEIGHT! He has yet to see how trivial he really is!

November 1, 2013 at 10:36 a.m.
nucanuck said...

al,

The work force participation rate is and has been contracting for seven years. Today there are ten million more people classified as "not in the work force", bringing the total to 90 million. When you add the actively unemployed to that number, you get 100 million Americans who, for whatever reason, are workforce age, but are not counted as employed. Those 100 million presumably don't add to the GDP and are being supported by family, government, or maybe just private wealth.

The point I made earlier was that the US has a contracting labor force participation rate which translates into a contracting jobs base. With that fact comes increasing economic stress for those transitioning into the permanently "out of the work force" status. The social safety net becomes more important than ever with a contracting jobs market.

We now have a no-growth economy that appears to be a permanent condition. That may be the turd you were looking for.

BTW, who is Alex Jones?

November 1, 2013 at 10:42 a.m.
soakya said...

most people will confess their wrong doings when confronted with indisputable evidence. the narcissist will continue to believe he is still smarter than the evidence. your name not listed in any state board of accountancy is indisputable evidence.

November 1, 2013 at 10:43 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpy, like his Messiah, lives in a universe where rhetoric trumps reality.

November 1, 2013 at 10:43 a.m.
limric said...

HOORAY, It’s Alprova (Dogboy) and PlainTruth (Mr. Dan)

Click on the link. The start is a bit jittery. Just like the ACA website?

HA HA HA HA...........

November 1, 2013 at 10:45 a.m.
jesse said...

LIMRIC? Do ya think Obama thinks in those terms?

I THINK he's like a dude in the DEEP END of the POOL that can't swim!!"GET MY ASS OUTTA HERE"!!

Now the folks around him?Thats a whole new ????

November 1, 2013 at 10:46 a.m.
limric said...

You're answering a question with a question Jesse.

That don't count.

November 1, 2013 at 10:51 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Limric. Naw, Mr. Dan far too gruff for ol' PT. I'm a fuzzball.

November 1, 2013 at 10:54 a.m.
limric said...

LOL

A fuzzball...pffft...with nails. :-D

November 1, 2013 at 10:56 a.m.
jesse said...

LIMRIC!! when ya don't know the answer??Thats what ya DO!!

November 1, 2013 at 11:03 a.m.
alprova said...

soakya wrote: "your name not listed in any state board of accountancy is indisputable evidence."

You're not as smart as you think you are, and that's okay, because I'm not about to dispute your "indisputable evidence."

Your "indisputable evidence" is proof of nothing.

You're actually going to assert that you have searched databases in all 50 states?

I know that's not true.

November 1, 2013 at 11:43 a.m.
joneses said...

alpos,

Again alpos has decided to make up lies about something he knows nothing about because that is what he does. If my employees decide to leave then that would be okay as well. They are responsible for the quality of their lives, not me. And no I do not micromanage my employees but they are very loyal as I treat them well. 17 of my employees have been with me for 90% of the time since I took the risk and started my company. So alpos you are a liar. I understand you have to be a liar as you sell used cars for a living. Why do you have an issue with me following the law but you do not with obama and your apostles like sebitchelius? Please stop trying to convince us what a lying hypocritical pos you are. We all know.

I am out of here.

November 1, 2013 at 11:48 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Soooo, Alpo is now implying that maybe that phantom license is buried in one of the 57 states. Nice. incorrigible liar

November 1, 2013 at 11:51 a.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

For those interested in secession, this weekend is the big conference at Fall Creek Falls State Park where those in attendance will discuss the South's second attempt to leave the Union.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131031/NEWS0201/310310108/Southern-secessionist-group-lists-two-TN-lawmakers-weekend-speakers

I'm surprised that the TFP hasn't covered this event (or I missed it) but follow the trail of white sheets, bible-thumpers, and toothless tobacco-chewers to Fall Creek Falls for the gala (shoes optional and dentures are available for rent).

November 1, 2013 at 11:52 a.m.
jesse said...

AL, I got an Uncle who was the Managing partner at Hazlet,Bierter and Lewis for 20 years! HE ain't never heard of your ass!Ya MIGHTA been a C.P.A in Mongolia BUT NOT in the U.S.A.!PERIOT!!GET OVER YA SELF DUDE!YA been BUSTED!!

November 1, 2013 at 11:56 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo, sorry, I meant generalizer of course.

DD: I don't know anyone interested in secession. Do you? Sorry.

November 1, 2013 at noon
limric said...

Oooh. That sounds like a heap ‘o’ fun Daytonsdarwin,

But I ain’t going unless we can agree to have slaves when we secede. They work cheap and are better than Canadian Latino’s that try to reinvent themselves as immigrant bashing southern white supremacysts!

Whoo Hoo - The South Shall Founder Again.

November 1, 2013 at 1:05 p.m.
soakya said...

didn't need to check all 57 states I mean 50. CPA verify checks most states. Just need your last name. Besides if I'm not mistaken you claimed to hold a TN license.

The link for CPAverify and the states verified http://www.cpaverify.org/participating-states/ Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California CNMI (No website) – phone 671-727-3362 District of Columbia Georgia Guam Florida Idaho Illinois Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Puerto Rico South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wyoming

I'm going to assert I checked CPA verify and the states of TN and GA individually and your name is not listed.

Only a narcissist would continue in a lie where he thinks he could convince others he is speaking the truth despite the overwhelming undisputable evidence to the contrary.

November 1, 2013 at 1:14 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

(Note: I saw your later post on this subject after I posted the below however you are still incorrect even with your update. More to follow later.)

nucanuck, you're repeating Alex Jones, Infowars distortions that have went viral around the web.

That 100 million number only becomes fact, if you include every single person who has reached the age of 65, everyone who is disabled, and everyone who is currently attending college.

I also agree that the 100 million number is not a true reflection of those people that really available for employment yet are unemployed. However your treatment of the employment/unemployment data you present below is atrociously incorrect.

From the first two categories above, you can immediately reduce it by 62,871,000 who are disabled or retired, leaving 37,129,000 people who may or may not be working at least part-time, which most college students do.

About a third of the disabled and 1/6th of the population over 65 are employed so your 62 million number is vastly inflated .

A quick check of stats shows that approximately 21 million are enrolled and attending colleges around the nation. 18% pay their own way through college, through full-time employment.

There goes another 3,780,000, which brings the unemployed down to 33,349,000.

80% of all college students work a part-time job. There goes another 16,549,000 who at least work part-time, leaving the true, totally unemployed at around 16,549,000.

Are you claiming that 98% of college students work either full or part time? The 80% number covers both categories so you data here is also greatly inflated.

There are approximately 160 million people in the United States who are working age.

Without considering any other factors, such as housewives who are not interested in working outside the home, Independently wealthy, who have no need for a job, or anything else that would preclude someone from needing a job, the percentage of people who are unemployed is reduced to about 10.3% of all working age Americans.

Glad to see you agree the Obama claimed unemployment number of 7.2% is nothing but low grade B.S.

It looks like maybe you’re the one that “truly dropped a turd with your offering this morning.”

Do you really believe that the United States has an unemployment rate of 62.5% and that just 37.5% of all working age is supporting this nation?

No, but about 40% of the total population is supporting the other 60% and that’s scary enough considering the increasing transfer payments to the latter.

C'mon, you're smarter than that.

Obviously you’re not ... BTW ... for an accountant you seem to be numerically challenged.

November 1, 2013 at 1:38 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

No CPA, No Accountant. Bookkeeper at most. Generalizer for sure.

November 1, 2013 at 2:23 p.m.
joneses said...

The facts about obamacare one month into it.

Millions of people who are getting cancellation letters from their insurance company know the truth. In New Jersey alone, 800,000 cancellation letters have gone out.

When these people and others start shopping for new insurance, many will find the premiums are much higher. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina told one customer that his current plan doesn’t meet benefit requirements of the President’s health care law. It suggested a comparable plan for $1,208 a month – $980 more than he pays now.

A woman in California faced a 50 percent rate hike. She wrote to her insurance company, “I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it.”

For a lot of people, the law means more than skyrocketing premiums. Their new policies will come with higher co-pays and bigger deductibles – triple what they have now in some cases.

After people recover from the sticker shock of their new Washington-approved and mandated insurance, there will be more negative consequences. Many will find that their own doctor is no longer eligible to treat them under their plan. A recent survey of physician practices found that only 29 percent say they’ll take insurance sold through the government exchange. The rest have either decided not to participate or are still making up their minds.

Finally, if all that weren’t bad enough, people trying to buy insurance through the exchange face increased risk of fraud and identity theft. Con artists are taking advantage of the Obama Administration’s bungling by setting up fake websites and phishing scams.

The Democrats’ whole law was based on the idea that government is capable of running America’s health care system competently. It turns out that the government can’t even set up a website competently – and they knew it.

The Liar in Chief and the rest of the dummycrats own obamacare and everything that is attached to obamacare.

November 1, 2013 at 2:31 p.m.
yddem said...

Joneses intends to drop health insurance for all of his employees and pocket the savings, except for a pay increase he may give them to offset some of the cost in getting their own insurance. They will, of course, have to pay federal income tax, FICA and Medicare tax on whatever wage increase he may give them, so the effect of any wage increase will be diminished. What a prince of a guy. I hope his employees give him the amount of loyalty he deserves.

November 1, 2013 at 2:56 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

yddem: What's the problem? You guys like tax increases, right?

November 1, 2013 at 3:01 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

inquiringmind said...

jesse, we survived Presidents Nixon and Bush the Younger, barely, so I think we are still OK with President Obama. BTW, I hear the tea party is loading the boats for Texas prior to secession, have you got your ticket yet?

You do know that from here it would be much easier to travel overland on the many well paved roadways that lead to Texas? On second thought I guess you don’t.

November 1, 2013 at 3:02 p.m.
Jt6gR3hM said...

alprova said...

There are people working around the clock who are going to get the website fully functional in a few weeks.

Yeah right! ... Wasn’t that exactly what Sebelius was saying just after she dropped about $650 million dollars on this turkey that was originally estimated to cost about $90 million.

.....if these people were interrupted long enough to sit in front of a panel of Congress members, where they would provide the details of what they are doing to fix the problems, I assure you, you would not have a clue to what they would be talking about.

It sure looks like all the people involved in this absolute disaster would “not have a clue to what they would be talking about”.

Their specific plan I am sure, includes interfacing several different humongous servers and databases, debugging millions of lines of code, testing and retesting, until they get it right.

So you’re saying they’re going to have to start over because Obama and Sebelius spent the taxpayers funds “on a pig in a poke”?

November 1, 2013 at 3:04 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Since leaving the Obama administration, Hillary's favorability ratings have plunged a net 18 points Sure hate it for the Hilldebeast.

November 1, 2013 at 3:05 p.m.
yddem said...

I did not say anything about a tax increase, No Truth. That you did not understand my point or chose to ignore it and reply with a non sequitur does not surprise me.

November 1, 2013 at 3:09 p.m.
limric said...

Hey all you cranky cartoon carnivores.

Have any of you seen Barry Blitts 'New Yorker' magazine cover?

You'll yowl & bellow a deep belly laugh. It's OUTSTANDING!

November 1, 2013 at 3:37 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^^. Haha. Specially like the floppy.

November 1, 2013 at 3:41 p.m.
alprova said...

joneses wrote: "Again alpos has decided to make up lies about something he knows nothing about because that is what he does."

If I don't know nothing about something, how can I be lying about it?

"If my employees decide to leave then that would be okay as well."

But of course it will. You clearly care nothing about them, so why would they be loyal to you?

"They are responsible for the quality of their lives, not me."

You've got that right. If you spout off in front of your "employees" the way you do in here, they would probably run for their lives.

"And no I do not micromanage my employees but they are very loyal as I treat them well. 17 of my employees have been with me for 90% of the time since I took the risk and started my company."

IF that is true, it's probably because in person, you are a wimp who would never speak in front of others as you type in here.

"So alpos you are a liar."

Prove me to be a liar. You know who I am and what I do for part of my living. You hide behind a computer.

November 1, 2013 at 3:42 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Yddem...taxes, tax increases, whatever. Sequitur this.

November 1, 2013 at 3:45 p.m.
yddem said...

Hey, limric, nice catch. Luv the floppy disc and the geek holding it.

November 1, 2013 at 3:51 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

You'll have to forgive Plain Truth Dennis for his ill manners. He's worn out from performing vehicle maintenance.

Every six months he changes the concrete blocks under his car.

November 1, 2013 at 4 p.m.
yddem said...

A U.S. citizen, age 23, with "anti-government views" [it didn't take him long] [I wonder if he gets food stamps, Andrew] crashed a TSA screening area at LAX with a semi-automatic AK-like weapon and killed a TSA officer and made it to a gate where he wounded 5-6 others. The man is in custody but was wounded by one or more officers who are unfortunately not very good shots.

November 1, 2013 at 4:05 p.m.
yddem said...

DD, who is Dennis?

November 1, 2013 at 4:06 p.m.
joneses said...

alpos the liar,

If I don't know nothing about something, how can I be lying about it? (You are really that stupid)

You are correct I hide behind my computer. Anyone that disagrees with the Liar in Chief, o'bastard would be stupid not to hide behind their computer the way uses the EPA and the IRS to attack those that disagree with them.

Wimp? My a$$ has never been whipped by a gullibe, little lying nerd like you.

November 1, 2013 at 4:14 p.m.
yddem said...

Joneses, please identify your business. I don't know whether I have done business with you, but I want to make sure I never do business with you in the future.

November 1, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.
alprova said...

soakya wrote: "Soooo, Alpo is now implying that maybe that phantom license is buried in one of the 57 states. Nice. incorrigible liar"

I haven't implied anything. You are among those who claim that because you can't find my name in any database that you have searched, that I have never been a CPA.

It's your problem. It's never been mine.

November 1, 2013 at 4:18 p.m.
alprova said...

jesse wrote: "AL, I got an Uncle who was the Managing partner at Hazlet,Bierter and Lewis for 20 years! HE ain't never heard of your ass!"

That's okay, 'cause I've never heard of your uncle's firm either. My line of work is far different than most firms and it has been very private. I've never been listed in a phone book, never run an ad anywhere, and I've never needed new clients.

"Ya MIGHTA been a C.P.A in Mongolia BUT NOT in the U.S.A.!PERIOT!!GET OVER YA SELF DUDE!YA been BUSTED!!"

No one has "busted" me for a thing. But you believe whatever you wish. It's no skin off my nose.

November 1, 2013 at 4:23 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Yddem, who is Easy?

November 1, 2013 at 4:26 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

yddem said...

DD, who is Dennis?"

This week he's posting under the moniker "Plain Truth" since "Poor White Trash" was already taken.

November 1, 2013 at 4:28 p.m.
joneses said...

yddem or youngdumdem

You would never do business with my company anyway because what I do is above your IQ and you would probably be afraid of what I do.

November 1, 2013 at 4:32 p.m.
joneses said...

And daytonsdarwin was going to use as his moniker dickhead but it was already taken by another stupid, gullible, lying liberal so he had to go to the Rhea County Court House and get his moniker from a government monument. Another example of liberals cannot do crap without the assistance of the government.

November 1, 2013 at 4:35 p.m.
soakya said...

soakya wrote: "Soooo, Alpo is now implying that maybe that phantom license is buried in one of the 57 states. Nice. incorrigible liar"

actually that wasn't me that said that.

one proves he is a CPA by a license issued by the state. you have no license, never had a license therefore you are not a cpa nor have you ever been one. come clean and redeem yourself. You can end all these accusation today. The question is: why won't you prove everyone wrong that is saying you are not a cpa. The answer is simple, you can't. Since everyone already knows who you are either produce your supposedly retired or suspended license or certificate with your name on it and I will gladly admit I was wrong.

November 1, 2013 at 4:37 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Not true, DD. You wanna compare financial statements? Well, do ya punk?

November 1, 2013 at 4:37 p.m.
yddem said...

Joneses, someone who claims to be so proud of his successful company should not be at all hesitant to identify it. You either are afraid to identify the company for some reason you are afraid to say, or there is no company. Attempting to derogatize [I may have made up that word] my moniker does not assist you in your dilemma.

November 1, 2013 at 4:39 p.m.
joneses said...

Like I said the way o'bastard and you liberals use the EPA and IRS to attack people that do not agree with them it would be irresponsible for me to name my business. No worries because like I said you would never do business with me anyway. The only reason you want the name of my business is so you can attack it. You sure are stupid. By the way I never said I was proud of my business. You are jus another liberal making up lies. You better run now and see what your mommy has made you for dinner and make sure to eat your spinach. And please do not spill any of the food in your parents down stairs bedroom you will never move from. Grow up punk.

November 1, 2013 at 4:46 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Lefties running out of ammo. Embarrassed by their Grand Poobah. I would be too.. HA HA HA!!

November 1, 2013 at 4:57 p.m.
yddem said...

Joneses, the vitriol you can spew in response to civil discourse is astonishing. I simply cannot believe that any person with your social inability is successful at business. I say prove it, or stop bragging about it.

And to the point of you not saying you're proud of your "business," I call BS. You said you would save $20,000 a month on health insurance, which is $240,000 a year. If the health care costs of a small business is only 15% of gross revenue [which would be low, indeed], the gross revenue of your imaginary business would be $1,600,000. And aren't you proud?

You can call me some more names, if that will make you feel better.

November 1, 2013 at 5 p.m.
limric said...

Yddem,

Sigh,

At one time PlainTruth contributed eloquent and reasoned opinions. However, one day he sat thinking and it dawned on him and he said, HEY!! - My true purpose posting on this forum is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning and inhibit clarity. Whoo Hoo!

It didn’t take long for his writing to become what it is today, an intimidating and impenetrable fog.

Finally, after a day throwing down vicious personal attacks, stabbing non-sequiturs and bombing ad homonyms, he was asked (I think it might have been a poster named Anniebelle) if he liked being an ‘oblivious ill-mannered boor’. To which he replied, "“Not sure, but I don’t feel like I need to find out what that means just to please you Obama worshiping lefties!”*

Please keep in mind: For the right wing their “Uncontested absurdities of today will be their accepted slogans of tomorrow.” ~?? –any guesses who said that??

Sorry dude, your 3:45 p.m post set you up for that. Nothing personal.

November 1, 2013 at 5:07 p.m.
fairmon said...

limric said...

Good questions Limric, my view follows each.

A) Does Obama want to change/destroy America?

Response: Not intentionally.

B) Is there evidence supporting pending destruction - by Obama?

Response: Nothing immediate or near term.

C) Is such evidence fact based or inflammatory rhetoric?

Response: Some facts are used in trying to predict the future but as you know if that were possible we would all be filthy rich.

November 1, 2013 at 5:09 p.m.
yddem said...

limric, thanks for the explanation about No Truth.

Can anyone explain Joneses?

November 1, 2013 at 5:11 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Ha ha ha -

Daytonsdarwin said,

“Every six months he changes the concrete blocks under his car.” Ha ha ha

He and Joneses work together out on the driveway. PlainTruth changing the concrete blocks on his car and Joneses changing the wheels on his little red & white tricycle.

Ring Ring...Ring Ring!!

November 1, 2013 at 5:15 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Jt6gR3hM , we should give them safe passage, but it is tempting to think about a shipwreck.

November 1, 2013 at 5:19 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

I'm flattered, boys.

November 1, 2013 at 5:22 p.m.
joneses said...

youngdumdem

Hey stupid. I never said I was proud. That does not mean I am not moron. I have not a need to prove to you anything as you are nothing to me. I couldn't care less if you believe I am telling the truth or not. I do not even know you. You must really be full of yourself to think I really give a rats a$$ what you think. Get a life stupid. Not that I care but where do you work? What is your name? Where do you live? Ouch! LOL!

November 1, 2013 at 5:25 p.m.
joneses said...

So now the true colors of liberals are coming out. Mickey Rat and Dayton are such self appointed elitist they are way above those that put their cars on blocks. Do they not realize that these people that have their cars up on blocks are more than likely the ones that are poor and the ones they claim to want to help? But behind the scenes they make fun of the poor people they claim to want to help. Their true colors are showing. Thanks for confirming what pos's you really are.

daytondarwin,

That tricycle comment? That is stupid. If you are going to attack me personally do better then that. See I am going to attack you personally. Take that tricycle and shove it up your wife's fat a$$. Ouch! LOL!

November 1, 2013 at 5:33 p.m.
yddem said...

Typical response, Joneses. Attempting to demean a person you don't know and don't care to know must give you exquisite pleasure. Don't forget to wipe yourself before your many "employees" see you.

You invited reasonable inquiry about the identity of your "company" the moment you started talking about your "company" and the evil you intend to visit on your "employees". I have not invited such inquiry.

November 1, 2013 at 5:40 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

PlainTruth said...

"You wanna compare financial statements?"

Are you saying your have money? I guess that makes you "Middle-class White Trash" instead of "Poor White Trash"

My apologies.

November 1, 2013 at 5:40 p.m.
yddem said...

Joneses said: "That does not mean I am not moron."

And he owns a multiple-million dollar business?

November 1, 2013 at 5:42 p.m.
joneses said...

youngdumdem

It was a typo stupid. You invited me questioning where you work by questioning the name of my business. But then agin you are a liberal and we all know one cannot be a liberal without being a hypocrite and a liar. Where do you work? I want to know so I will not do business there.

I did another typo error for you to find to give you a little pleasure your childish mind appears to enjoy stupid.

November 1, 2013 at 5:49 p.m.
fairmon said...

Please write or call your members of congress encouraging them to assist and insist on getting the web site working accurately ASAP. People will not know nor will congress know if the affordable health care insurance program is a good thing or not. Delays will only cause the elections next year to be more convoluted that ever. Delays will invite lies from both parties, fear tactics and more undeliverable promises.

November 1, 2013 at 5:50 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

DD must be pissed. Was it something I said, Peaches?

November 1, 2013 at 5:51 p.m.
joneses said...

Wow, look at Dayton and his personal attacks. it was not that long ago he was saying how bad I was for doing what he is doing now. Again one cannot be a liberal without being a hypocrite.

November 1, 2013 at 5:54 p.m.
yddem said...

No, Joneses, I have never said anything about myself. You bragged about your business. And if you again want to say you're not proud, nonetheless bragging about pocketing $240,000 a year by screwing your employees, go right ahead. LOL, multi-million dollar businessman, right.

I think it was Freudian.

Liberal, conservative, independent, those labels don't bother me. Just don't call me a joneses.

November 1, 2013 at 5:57 p.m.
yddem said...

The ACA web site screw-up is a minor problem, compared to another problem. The ACA provides for tax credits for people who sign up on a "state exchange." In Kentucky and about 13 other states (not sure of this number) which set up exchanges, people will get the tax credit. In Tennessee, Georgia and about 34 other states (again, not certain of the numbers), people must sign up on the federal exchange. If they eventually are able to sign up, they will not get the tax credit, unless Congress amends that provision of the law. Thanks to the state legislatures for potentially preventing millions of citizens from getting tax credits.

November 1, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Squeak squeak - Ring ring…Ring ring Where do you live Yddem?

Are yooooo ready Jonesy?

Aye, aye, Mickey!

Ooooooooooh

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Yddem lefty Smart Ass!

Brainy and clever impermeable is he!

Yddem lefty Smart Ass!


If political logic be something you wish!

Yddem lefty Smart Ass!

Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!

Yddem lefty Smart Ass!


Who aggravates righties with eloquent news!

Yddem lefty Smart Ass!

And angers young Jonsey so often he poops!

Yddem lefty Smart Ass!

How zat?

November 1, 2013 at 6:08 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

joneses said...

"Wow, look at Dayton and his personal attacks. it was not that long ago he was saying how bad I was for doing what he is doing now. Again one cannot be a liberal without being a hypocrite."

Find that post and show it here.

PlainTruth said...

"DD must be pissed. Was it something I said, Peaches?"

I'm not pissed at all. I merely find you amusing in a Pee-Wee Herman-in-a-movie-theater sort of way.

November 1, 2013 at 6:10 p.m.
yddem said...

Mickey, I'm not sure how to take that. I'm usually referred to as a smart ass. To explain, it seems as if you know me!

November 1, 2013 at 6:11 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

"Take that tricycle and shove it up your wife's fat a$$. Ouch! LOL!

Why Joneses, I'm shocked and grossed.

November 1, 2013 at 6:12 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

I didn't write the tricycle comment. Jonross had reading comprehension problems as well. Is Joneses really jonross?

Or do they both have the same damaged chromosomes? That's what happens when two separate species breed.

Let this be a lesson. Spay and neuter before there's another one just like Joneses.

November 1, 2013 at 6:31 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

DD: interesting you would reference PeeWee Herman. Kindred spirits, I guess.

November 1, 2013 at 6:40 p.m.
daytonsdarwin said...

PlainTruth said...

"DD: interesting you would reference PeeWee Herman. Kindred spirits, I guess."

Yes, you're both a couple of wankers.

November 1, 2013 at 7:19 p.m.
alprova said...

soakya wrote: "one proves he is a CPA by a license issued by the state. you have no license, never had a license therefore you are not a cpa nor have you ever been one."

You're basing it all on your inability to find my name in an online database. There are many names and firms that I do know personally that are missing from that database.

Perusing the "Terms and Conditions" page, you will read the following disclaimer;

*"NASBA does not guarantee that the information found in this database is complete, accurate or reliable. Access to this database is provided as a public service and shall not be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of the persons or businesses included in the database, nor is it necessarily to be construed as adverse information about persons not included in the database."

"come clean and redeem yourself."

I have nothing to come clean about, nor do I owe any hyena trolling this forum proof to anything, and no proof will ever be forthcoming.

You're not one of my clients, you never will be, nor am I seeking any clients. I have all the business I want.

"You can end all these accusation today."

I'm not interested in ending them. It's highly entertaining to watch some of you act like children.

"The question is: why won't you prove everyone wrong that is saying you are not a cpa. The answer is simple, you can't."

Oh...I could, but I'm not going to. Why? Because what you believe will never affect my life at all.

"Since everyone already knows who you are either produce your supposedly retired or suspended license or certificate with your name on it and I will gladly admit I was wrong."

No thanks. I much more prefer to keep you guessing for eternity.

You're among a few people who believe that you can make me jump to satisfy your curiosity, after months of personal attacks.

It ain't gonna happen.

November 1, 2013 at 9:31 p.m.
alprova said...

joneses wrote: "Like I said the way o'bastard and you liberals use the EPA and IRS to attack people that do not agree with them it would be irresponsible for me to name my business."

You've been outed one time in this forum, about three years ago. You keep messing with people like you do, and someone might do it again.

"No worries because like I said you would never do business with me anyway."

"The only reason you want the name of my business is so you can attack it. You sure are stupid."

What a freakin' chicken you are. You'd think that someone so brave to write the things you do in here would certainly have the courage of your convictions to stand up like a man.

Guess not.

"By the way I never said I was proud of my business."

You're not proud of your business? I've never known a businessman who would dare type that.

"You are jus another liberal making up lies. You better run now and see what your mommy has made you for dinner and make sure to eat your spinach. And please do not spill any of the food in your parents down stairs bedroom you will never move from. Grow up pun"

You're nothing but a gutless forum troll.

November 1, 2013 at 10:10 p.m.
fairmon said...

The already stressed Medicaid program is growing rapidly. Does that mean coverage will be reduced or taxes increased or both?

How is this analogy not a correct depiction of the real world? Man decides to take a bride. The couple decides they need a couple of rug rats and spawn them. The government says we will give you a larger tax refund to cover your healthcare cost than those with less or no kids. Those thinking they couldn't support kids will help you pay for the decisions you made and if you can't afford healthcare insurance we will use their money to provide it for you. They can consider it a screwing they get for the screwing you did. We will require any healthcare insurance policy offered to cover drugs and treatment for erectile dysfunction in case you want to continue proliferating and creating more to depend on your benevolent government.

Please get the web site working real soon.

November 1, 2013 at 11:10 p.m.
workinjay said...

Alprova, Call 1-888-453-6150 and ask her if you're a CPA, have ever been a CPA, or have ever been a CPA in any state. You might be surprised to find out that the answer to all three of the scenarios will all be, NO. You tell Joneses to stand up like a man, yet you refuse to yourself. Everyone knows you're lying. You know everyone knows you're lying. You make that more obvious every time you post trying to defend your lie. You keep embarrassing yourself more and more. Give it up sir. I'm starting to feel sorry for you.

November 1, 2013 at 11:11 p.m.
alprova said...

Hey...don't feel sorry for me. I'm doing just fine. I have never offered a lie into this forum, and no matter how much you would like to believe you have stumbled onto something that would discredit me, for whatever reason you have for doing so, the bottom line is that it's your word against mine.

Believe whatever you wish. Your disbelief is not my problem.

For the record, I am not currently licensed in Tennessee, nor anywhere in the South.

That's it. That's all you're gonna get.

November 1, 2013 at 11:27 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.