• A 5k run to support the UTC Student Veterans Organization and the memorial U.S. Army Sgt. Alex Stephens Scholarship. Stephens was a graduate of UTC who was killed while serving in Afghanistan. The race begins at 2:30 p.m. at the UTC McKenzie Arena.
• Brick dedication ceremony for veterans at 2 p.m. at Veterans Park, 130 S. Jackson St., Athens.
• Silverdale Baptist Academy's second annual Veterans Day program. The "student-led expressions of thanks" through music, art and dramatic performances will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the academy at 7236 Bonny Oaks Drive.
• Chattanooga National Cemetery will host the Chattanooga Area Veterans Council and local veterans groups for the annual Veterans Day ceremony. Music begins at 10:30 a.m. at the pavilion; the ceremony starts at 11 a.m.
• Kayoko Dan will lead the Chattanooga Symphony & Orchestra for the free annual Veterans Day Concert at 7 p.m. at the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium at 399 McCallie Ave.
• The city and Bradley County will sponsor a Veterans Day program at 11 a.m. at Johnston Park. Enter at the corner of First Street SW and North Ocoee Street.
• Cleveland State Community College will provide a free breakfast for veterans from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Campus Kitchen and will host a Veterans Day Ceremony at 11 a.m. in the George L. Mathis Student Center Commons area at 3535 Adkisson Drive.
• Veterans Day ceremony at the Bledsoe County Courthouse at 3150 Main St., at 11 a.m. CST with a short parade to follow
• At 9:30 a.m. CST there will be a ceremonial flag raising at the Sequatchie County courthouse at 307 Cherry St., and parade to follow.
• A Veterans Day program is scheduled for 11 a.m. CST at the Coffee County Courthouse at 300 Hillsboro Blvd..
• The Jericho Brass Band will perform a free concert at 7 p.m. at the historic train depot at 155 Depot Road.
• Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park is offering free admittance on Sunday and Monday in honor of Veterans Day and current U.S. Armed Forces members.
• Krystal is offering free Express Plate Breakfast and coffee to veterans and active military personnel Monday from 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Kiplinger's Personal Finance is providing free one-day-only access Monday to an online tool that will help veterans evaluate Social Security retirement options. See the link here: www.socialsecurityforveterans.com.
related articles »
It had been two decades since Bill Norton returned from Vietnam.
• Fifty-five Plus Club: Collegedale Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4829 College Drive, 11:30 a.m. bring prepared food to church fellowship hall ...
One of the most prestigious motorcycle competitions in the world is coming to the Trial Training Center in Sequatchie, Tenn., ...
The religion calendar is a community bulletin board listing names and addresses of area religious congregations and their principal weekly ...