Events and seminars
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place: 2232 Center St. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Contact Brenda Harrison to register in advance at 423-7630-4320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Legal Advice: 1-on-1 from 2 to 4:15 p.m. Tuesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Attorneys from Grant, Konvalinka & Harrison will meet with participants one-on-one to answer legal questions related to general business, human resources, tax or intellectual property. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• Social Media/SEO/Web Seminar from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will focus on how to properly implement a website, make a site mobile-ready, implement social media and its value, retain a client base, educate customers further and increase overall visibility. Participants will also review the importance of Search Engine Optimization, as well as how to implement SEO techniques on their websites. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, the event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• 2013 Spirit of Innovation Awards from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Chattanooga Convention Center: 1150 Carter St. Dr. Katharine Frase, vice president and chief technology officer at the IBM Public Sector, will speak. Innovation Fair begins at 11 a.m.; lunch begins at 11:30 a.m. To register for this event, call the Chamber at 756-2121.
• East Ridge Council Community Coffee from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at the Best Western Plus: 6710 Ringgold Road.
• Small Business Orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. The event is free and open to the public. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. The session begins with the five C’s of credit —character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. The discussion then transitions to an overview of SBA’s loan programs and specific information about interest rates, repayment terms and preferred SBA express lenders. Call 423-756-8668 to register.
• YPAC After Hours from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at TransCard: 1301 Riverfront Parkway. Visit www.ypchattanooga.org to learn more.