published Tuesday, November 12th, 2013

Girl, 2, severely burned when gas ignites on slide in Georgia

LOGANVILLE, Ga. — Authorities say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that authorities are treating the case as an accident and do not anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.