If it seems too early to start the countdown to Christmas, consider that Dec. 25 is only 34 days away. Here are a few ways to get into the spirit, plus one that combines a holiday market with the Thanksgiving harvest.
* Charity drive: Donations accepted for Chattanooga Area Food Bank and Toys for Tots through Friday, Dec. 20, at Mr. Grinch’s Tattoos, 3603 Ringgold Road, East Ridge. 423-320-4276.
* Christmas Market: Craft show of handcrafted items ranging from home decor to doll clothes to dog beds, plus name-brand makeup, hand-painted clothing, baby blankets, wood products and baked goods, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at Frawley Baptist Church, 510 Frawley Road, East Ridge.
* Christmas Market: One-of-a-kind gifts from jewelry to home decor, from vendors including Origami Owl, Avon, Thirty-One, Tupperware, Scentsy and Beauty Control, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at Jones Memorial United Methodist Church, 4131 Ringgold Road. Hosted by church’s Children’s Department. 423-629-6073.
* Christmas open house and charity quilt auction: Open house at Pins & Needles Quilt Shop, 6425-A Hixson Pike, includes free demonstrations, gift baskets, door prizes, hors d’oeuvres and wassail, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23. Bidding for quilts ends at 4 p.m. Proceeds go to Make-A-Wish Foundation and The Salvation Army Angel Tree. Bids accepted in person, on Facebook and by phone, 423-668-8734.
* Christmas Shopping Market: Dozens of local vendors, including Scentsy, Thirty-One, Origami Owl, Pampered Chef, Avon and Mary Kay, will offer their products, along with handmade wreaths, no-sew blankets, ornaments and hair bows, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at Heritage House, 1428 Jenkins Road. Door prizes. Free admission.
* DIY workshop: The Pool Place, 6240 Perimeter Drive, offers tutorials on bow and ribbon tying, decorating the tree and other Christmas inspiration, 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 25. Free admission. 423-892-3128.
* East Ridge Christmas parade: Starts at 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23. Route is along Ringgold Road from Germantown Road to Tombras Avenue. Contact: Amanda Miller at email@example.com.
* Food drive: The 10th annual Moody Radio/WMBW food drive for the Chattanooga Community Kitchen is 6 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26, at The Barn Nursery, 1801 E. 24th St. Place. Frozen turkeys and nonperishable food items will be accepted. 423-756-4222.
* Movie screening: The 1990 family classic “Home Alone” will be shown at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24, at the Gem Theatre, 114 N. Wall St., Calhoun, Ga. Free admission. 706-625-3132, www.calhoungem.org.
* Pet photos: Northgate Mall in Hixson and Walnut Square Mall in Dalton, Ga., will welcome pets for photos with Santa 6-9 p.m. the next two Tuesdays, Nov. 26 and Dec. 3. www.visitnorthgatemall.com, www.walnutsquaremall.com.
* Santa’s arrival: Santa will make his entrance at Bradley Square Mall, 200 Paul Huff Parkway in Cleveland, Tenn., in a horse-drawn carriage at 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22. The Check Into Cash “Cashdales,” a team of black Clydesdale horses, will be available for photos from 3 to 5 p.m., weather permitting, and free rides in Santa’s carriage will be offered to families after Santa’s arrival. Festivities also include music and dancers. Photos with Santa will be available through Dec. 24. Pet Nights with Santa will be the next three Mondays (Nov. 25, Dec. 2 and Dec. 9). 423-472-5080.
* Soddy-Daisy Love Run for the Children: 14th annual ride starts at noon Saturday, Nov. 23, beginning and ending at Charlie’s Lounge, 8504 Dayton Pike. Registration fee is a money donation or new toy to help Soddy-Daisy fire and police departments provide Christmas for children in the community. Includes food, drink, auction, door prizes, 50/50 drawing. Rain date: Dec. 7. 423-332-8901, 423-332-3577.
* Thanksgiving Harvest and Holiday Market: Brainerd Farmers Market offers locally grown organic and certified naturally grown produce, eggs, beef, jams and jellies, handmade crafts, soaps and prepared foods from 10 a.m. to noon every Saturday at Grace Episcopal Church, 20 Belvoir Ave. Vendors accept cash, credit, debit and EBT (SNAP). For more information, visit the market’s Facebook page or call 423-580-6281.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: