Event and seminars
• Franchise Exploration Seminar from 8 to 10:30 a.m. Monday at the INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This seminar will explore the pros and cons of opening a franchise, as well as different business models for doing so. Attendees will hear and evaluate examples of successful franchisees working within the system. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Hixson Council Community Coffee from 8 to 9 a.m. Tuesday at Country Inn & Suites: 5000 New Country Drive. This event is free and open to the public.
• Government Contracting Workshop from 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. This workshop covers the basics of government contracting. The free workshop is hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center. Call 423-765-8668 for more information and to register.
• An Hour with My Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Tuesday at the INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, this seminar will explore leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and other topics of interest. Call 423-756-8668 for more information or to register.
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place: 2232 Center St. Admission is $15 in advance or $20 at the door. Contact Brenda Harrison to register in advance at 423-763-4320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MidTown Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Brainerd Recreation Center: 4201 Cherryton Drive. Meetings cost $10.
• Financing Your Business the SBA Way from 1 to 2 p.m. Thursday at the INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan program meets a specific entrepreneurial need. The session begins with the five C’s of credit – character, cash flow, collateral, capitalization and conditions. Call 423-756-8668 for more information and to register.
• Southern Soiree from 8 p.m. Friday at Miller Plaza, corner of M.L. King and Market streets. The annual fundraiser held by the Young Professionals Association of Chattanooga offers southern-culture inspired beverages from local sponsors Chattanooga Whiskey and Double Cola, as well as food from Champy’s Chicken. Advance tickets are $25 for YPAC members and $30 for non-members. For updates and to purchase tickets, visit www.ypchattanooga.org.