Paula Martins had 12 kills and 11 digs and Lauren Williams added 11 kills as Lee University beat visiting North Alabama 3-0 in Gulf South Conference volleyball Saturday afternoon in Cleveland, Tenn.
Becky Bourne had 32 assists and Libby Peigen led with 18 digs for Lee (7-5, 5-3), which overcame 13 kills by UNA's Natasha Fomina in the 25-18, 25-21, 25-19 match.
• At Montreat, N.C., Bryan College improved to 24-1 with 3-0 wins over Montreat and Brenau. Kara Stamper had 14 kills and Taylor Fink had 35 assists and 10 digs in the 25-17, 25-21, 25-17 defeat of the tri-meet host as the Lady Lions rose to 13-0 in Appalachian Athletic Conference play, and Carolyn Evans and Chelsea Breaden added nine and eight kills with Corrie Walker contributing 15 digs. Evans and Stamper had 11 and nine kills as Brenau fell 25-13, 25-15, 25-18, with Fink setting 19 assists and Walker making 16 digs.
• At Sewanee, the host Tigers beat Oglethorpe 3-0 (25-23, 25-18, 25-17) in a Southern Athletic Association match as Jamie Sue Wilson had 14 kills with a .480 attack percentage. Also for Sewanee (13-7, 4-5), Rachel Schuman had 17 assists with Walker Buxton adding 11, and Kayla Sewell and Kristy Gray had 15 and 10 digs.
• At Greensboro, N.C., Covenant won 3-1 over Greensboro College and 3-0 over Mary Baldwin in USA South matches. Chelsea VanDyk and Hannah Rogers had 19 and 16 kills and Cora Schroader and Caroline Cone added nine apiece in the 25-12, 24-26, 28-26, 25-18 defeat of the host team, while Stephanie Kirkpatrick had 35 assists and matched Estes Carlson's 18 digs and Schroeder added 16 digs. Rogers served three aces.
VanDyk and Schroeder had eight and seven kills, VanDyk with four block solos and two block assists, as the Lady Scots (12-8, 5-3) added a 25-15, 25-8, 25-10 win with 17 assists from Kirkpatrick.
• At Talladega, Ala., Kiara Govan had 47 assists and Victoria Smith made 16 kills in a 3-2 win for Tennessee Temple against Talladega College. Lydia Vick had 12 kills and 15 digs, Shatoya Medford had 20 digs with 10 kills and Kaylee Ginnings had 24 digs for Temple (15-13), which won 25-22, 19-25, 17-25, 25-23, 15-13.
Friday at the Rossville Athletic Complex, Temple beat Georgia Northwestern Tech 25-6, 23-25, 25-7 as Govan had 24 assists and Smith and Medford had nine and seven kills and downed Trinity Baptist 25-11, 25-11 with another nine kills from Smith and 10 digs from Ginnings.
• At Brevard, N.C., Kristen Pickett from Cleveland High School had 39 assists and fellow junior Rachel Harper from Boyd-Buchanan contributed 14 kills and 10 digs in Carson-Newman's 25-18, 25-22, 25-16 South Atlantic Conference win at Brevard. Pickett had 38 assists and 11 digs and Harper had 11 kills in a 3-1 loss Friday at Lenoir-Rhyne.
• At Danville, Ky., Kelsey Lochstampfor from Chattanooga Christian had 12 kills in Berry's 3-0 win over host Centre in SAA play, but the Vikings (15-5, 8-1) lost 3-1 to Asbury in a nonconference match.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress