(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an e-mail to Ward Gossett at email@example.com by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)
Several schools are listed with "no report" because results were not called in. Coaches are asked to call or have their appointed statistician call on game nights with scoring summary, team statistics and individual statistics for both teams as soon as games are over. Call 423-757-6273 or 423-757-6288.
* Baylor: George Porter scored the game's first TD and the Red Raiders' only score of the game as they lost 31-7 to Murfreesboro Oakland.
* Bledsoe County: Open date.
* Brainerd: Sam Caffey scored two touchdowns and passed for another and ran for a two-point conversion in the Panthers' 28-26 victory over Central.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Austin Jackson scored all three of the Buccaneers and ran for 109 yards but they lost 47-19 to South Pittsburg.
* Bradley Central: Daniel Clark caught nine passes for 136 yards but the Bears dropped a 21-20 decision to rival Cleveland.
* Calhoun: No report; beat Pepperell 45-0.
* Central: Sean Montgomery scored three TDs and ran 27 times for 180 yards but the Pounders fell 28-26 on homecoming night to Brainerd.
* Chattanooga Christian: Jared Miller had a TD reception in the Chargers' 55-13 loss to Silverdale Baptist.
* Christian Heritage: No report; lost to Darlington 18-14.
* Cleveland: T.J. Parker gained 125 yards on 13 carries and scored a TD as the Blue Raiders bested rival Bradley Central 21-20.
* Coahulla Creek: Open date.
* Dade County: No report; lost to Coosa 26-0.
* Dalton: Kiko Rodriguez kicked a game-winning, 25-yard field goal as time expired in the Catamounts' 31-28 victory at Northwest Whitfield.
* East Hamilton: Tony Francois caught four passes for 170 yards with two TDs in the Hurricanes' 24-12 victory over McMinn County.
* East Ridge: Jo Jo Tillery ran for a TD and 113 yards and passed for another score as the Pioneers upended Red Bank 20-6.
* Gordon Central: Open date.
* Gordon Lee: Open date.
* Grace Academy: Will Slack had four TD runs in a 328-yard rushing night as the Golden Eagles beat Sale Creek 61-7.
* Grundy County: Open date.
* Heritage: No report; beat LaFayette 48-26.
* Hixson: Open date.
* Howard: Terrance Brooks got loose on a 54-yard scramble for the Tigers' lone TD in a 49-7 loss to Tyner.
* Ider: No report; lost 21-0.
* LaFayette: No report; lost 48-26.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Open date.
* Lookout Valley: Devonte Epps scored the Jackets' only TD in a 49-8 loss to Meigs County.
* Marion County: Blake Zeman gained 110 yards on 10 carries with a TD and also had three tackles for loss in a seven-tackle night.
* McCallie: Andrew Busby scored both of the Blue Tornado's TDs in a 39-16 loss at Brentwood Academy.
* McMinn Central: Ryan Dahle recorded 6 tackles and had three interceptions in the Chargers' loss to Knox Carter.
* McMinn County: Matt Derrickson scored on an 81-yard punt return and an 11-yard pass but the Cherokees lost 24-12 to East Hamilton.
* Meigs County: Quincy Parris ran for 170 yards (18 carries) and scored twice in a 49-8 win over Lookout Valley.
* Murray County: Open date.
* North Jackson: Steffan Tolliver returned a blocked punt 19 yards in the Chiefs' 19-17 win over Randolph.
* North Murray: Open date.
* North Sand Mountain: No report, won 21-0.
* Northwest Whitfield: Jacob Webb scored twice and ran for 194 yards (22 carries) but it wasn't quite enough in a 31-28 loss to Dalton.
* Notre Dame: Kareem Orr caught nine passes for 155 yards and a TD but the Irish fell 12-10 at Polk County.
* Ooltewah: Brody Binder completed 19 of 29 passes for 379 yards and four TDs in the Owls' 42-14 victory over Walker Valley.
* Polk County: Zach Miller scored once but added 148 rushes on 35 carries as the Wildcats held on for a 12-10 win over Notre Dame.
* Red Bank: Darius Akridge scored the Lions' only TD in a 20-6 loss to East Ridge.
* Rhea County: Noel Patterson caught three passes, each for a TD, and had 142 receiving yards in the Golden Eagles' 56-20 victory over Soddy-Daisy.
* Ridgeland: Cadarius Word scored three and ran for 161 yards (29 carries) as the Panthers knocked off Southeast Whitfield 35-20.
* Ringgold: Open date.
* Scottsboro: No report; won 23-21.
* Sequatchie County: Colby Reed picked up 109 yards on just five carries but the Indians lost 31-28 at home to Stone Memorial.
* Signal Mountain: Open date.
* Silverdale Baptist: Nathan Keylon threw three TD passes, completing six of nine passes for 240 yards as the Seahawks bested Chattanooga Christian 55-13 and moved to 7-0.
* Soddy-Daisy: Hunter Maynor threw for 143 yards and one TD but the Trojans lost 56-20 to Rhea County.
* Sonoraville: Open date.
* Southeast Whitfield: Will Swantic passed for one TD and also ran for 94 yards in a 35-20 loss to Ridgeland.
* South Pittsburg: Jajuan Lankford got outside often enough to gain 216 yards while scoring three TDs in the Pirates' 47-19 victory over Boyd-Buchanan.
* Trion: Cory Bethune ran for 72 yards and one TD and passed for 138 and two more scores in a 34-12 win over Mt. Zion, Carroll.
* Tyner: Haasan Miller scored a pair of rushing TDs and threw for two more scores in the Rams' 49-7 victory over Howard.
* Walker Valley: Colton Morrow ran for 69 yards and scored one TD in the Mustangs' 42-14 loss at Ooltewah.
* Whitwell: Clay McHone scored five touchdowns and ran 21 times for 246 yards as the Tigers clouted Clay County 50-7.
Ward Gossett is an assistant sports editor and writer for the Times Free Press. Ward has a long history in Chattanooga journalism. He actually wrote a bylined story for the Chattanooga News-Free Press as a third-grader. He Began working part-time there in 1968 and was hired full time in 1970. Ward now covers high school athletics, primarily football, wrestling and baseball and University of Tennessee at Chattanooga wrestling. Over a 40-year career, he has covered ...
related articles »
(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)
Blake Zeman was awarded Player of the Game honors in WRCB-TV's game of the week.
Mac Bryan only reiterated what some 7,000 folks in attendance and the East Hamilton defense already knew: Desmond Pittman came ...
(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an email to Ward Gossett at email@example.com by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)