* Alabama Gourd Festival: Cullman Civic Center, Cullman, Ala., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday (all times Central); $3 ages 13 and older; all crafts made of gourds. alabamagourdsociety.org.
* Antique Engine and Tractor Show: Cherokee Capital Fairgrounds, 1050 Liberty Road SW, Calhoun, Ga. Gordon County Antique Engine and Tractor Club presents power parade, tractor games, vendors, children’s tractor train, wheat-threshing, baling, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday-Saturday; pinto beans and cornbread fundraising dinner, 11 a.m. Saturday. Free. 770-773-0855.
* Christmas Bazaar: Tasso United Methodist Church, 1106 Tasso Lane, Cleveland, Tenn., 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday; free admission, $5 lunch. 423-614-5318.
* Cleveland Apple Festival: Downtown Cleveland, Tenn., 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 1-6 p.m. Sunday; two-day pass $6 adults, $4 children; one-day ticket $4 adults, $3 children. clevelandapplefestival.org.
* Colorfest: Downtown Mentone, Ala., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. (all times Central) Sunday; free. 706-634-3001.
* Days of Yesteryear Antique Tractor and Engine Show: 17900 U.S. 127, Dunlap, Tenn. Food and craft vendors, hayrides, hammer mill and cutoff saw demonstrations, woodworking, blacksmithing, Tractor Olympics, potato sack races, children’s barrel train, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, 1-4 p.m. Sunday (all times Central). Free. www.days-of-yesteryear.com, 423-554-3276, 423-949-6537.
* Ellijay Apple Festival: Ellijay Lions Club Fairgrounds, 1729 S. Main St., Ellijay, Ga., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday; $5 ages 11 and older. georgiaapplefestival.org.
* Ketner’s Mill Country Arts Fair: Powell’s Crossroads, between state Highways 27 and 28 near Whitwell, Tenn., 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Sunday (all times Eastern); $6 ages 13 and older. ketnersmill.org.
* Neighbor Day: Bachman Academy, 414 Brymer Creek Road, McDonald, Tenn. Free food, music, open car and motorcycle show ($15 entry fee), vehicle parts swap, tractor exhibit, chili cook-off, free carnival games and activities, including inflatables, horse rides and face painting, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. 423-479-4523, www.bachmanacademy.org/blog/neighbordayoct19.
* New Echota Days: New Echota Historic Site, Calhoun, Ga., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, $5.50-$7.50, living-history demonstrations, tours of historic grounds of Cherokee capital, storytelling, crafts, authentic foods, Cherokee music at 4 p.m. 706-624-1321.
* Oktoberfest: Chattanooga Market, First Tennessee Pavilion, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday, celebration of German food, music and dancing; free. chattanoogamarket.com.
* Webb School Arts and Crafts Show: Webb School campus, 319 Webb Road and downtown Bell Buckle, Tenn., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday (all times Central), 500 exhibitors. 931-389-9663.
related articles »
Whether you’re looking for fine art or flying pumpkins, there’s a festival for you
If you’ve never seen a pumpkin catapult through the air, then head to Crabtree Farms on Saturday, Nov. 2, for ...
So many choices, so little time!
Fans of Signal Mountain's popular Hodgepodge craft show take note
There are some notable changes among the 80 listings in today's Times Free Press guide to fall festivals and fairs.