Georgia Winery will celebrate its 30th anniversary with a party Saturday, Sept. 7.
The free event, set for 2 to 5 p.m., will feature live music, hors d'oeuvres and samples of favorite Georgia wines. A free commemorative T-shirt will be included with every case purchase.
A limited-edition Founder's Reserve, a blend of muscadine and strawberry, will be available in honor of the winery's founder, Dr. Maurice Rawlings Sr.
Georgia Winery is at 6469 Battlefield Parkway in Ringgold. For more information, call 706-937-9463 or www.georgiawines.com.
GEORGIA WINERY TIMELINE
• 1982: Dr. Maurice Rawlings Sr., a heart doctor and "closet farmer," buys the 52-acre property and plants grapes
• 1983: Winery opens at the farm property in Highpoint, Ga.; 15,000 gallons
• 1986: First tasting center opens (a Subway restaurant now occupies the space); winery operations continue at farm, with production around 15,000 gallons
• 1996: Rawlings' daughter, Patty Prouty, takes over the business and begins advertising the winery; business improve dramatically
• 2003: Construction begins on current winery on Battlefield Parkway
• 2004: Winery opens in new building; bottling operations transfer from farm to this larger space, with 66,000-gallon capacity