Events and seminars
• Hixson Council Community Coffee from 8 to 9 am. Tuesday at the Country Inn & Suites: 5000 New Country Drive. Free and open to the public.
• Ambassador Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga Hamilton Place, 2321 Lifestyle Way. Costs $15 in advance and $20 at the door. Contact Brenda Harrison to register at 423-763-4320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MidTown Council Meeting from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at the Brainerd Recreation Center: 4201 Cherryton Drive. Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith will speak. Costs $10.
• East Ridge Council Community Coffee from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday at Best Western Plus: 6710 Ringgold Road.
• College & Career Fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday and Friday at the Tennessee National Guard Armory: 1801 Holtzclaw Ave. This two-day event gives 11th- and 12th-grade students the chance to meet with college representatives and businesspeople. Booth rentals cost $120; lunch for both days is included. Contact Cathy Humble at 423-763-4321 or chumble@chattanooga chamber.com to participate.
• Ambassador Orientation from 3 to 5 p.m. Thursday at the Chattanooga Chamber: 811 Broad St. This is a volunteer orientation that includes and overview of Chamber ambassador duties and training to equip participants to leverage Chamber connections and generate more business for their companies. Advance registration is required, call Brenda Harrison to RSVP at bharrison@chattanooga chamber.com.
• YPAC After Hours from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Universal Joint: 301 E. Sixth Street. This YPAC meeting brings young professionals together for a casual evening of networking on the second Thursday of each month. Guests can enjoy $3 SweetWater pints. Visit www.ypchattanooga.org to learn more.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: