• Soddy-Daisy High School class of 1958 is holding its 55-year reunion today at 4 p.m. in the Chester Frost Park pavilion. Classmates who have not sent in their $25 for the barbecue dinner may pay at the door. For more information, call 423-332-1491 or email GeneSis2004@comcast.net.
• East Ridge High School class of 1973 is planning its 40-year reunion for Saturday, Sept. 14. For more information, classmates should call 622-6432.
• Marion County High School class of 1958 is holding its 55-year reunion on Sept. 14, 6 p.m. CDT, at Kimball Center Community Room. Class members are asked to bring finger foods. For more information, contact Susie Dawson Gourley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-942-2233.
• All classmates in the Central High School class of 1959 are invited to an organizational meeting to plan their 2014 reunion on Wednesday, Sept. 18, at 5 p.m. at the office of Summers & Wyatt, P.C., 735 Broad St., Suite 800. For more information, contact Jerry Summers, 265-2385.
• Red Bank High School class of 1988 is holding a 25-year reunion Sept. 20-21. Events include a gathering at the Red Bank vs. Central football game at 7:30 p.m. Friday, a family picnic Saturday morning at 11 o'clock at Althaus Park on Signal Mountain followed by a class party at The Mill event hall on Saturday from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m. For more information, check the website at rbhs1988.wix.com/reunion or email email@example.com.
• Ooltewah High School class of 2003 is holding a 10-year reunion on Saturday, Sept. 21, at 7:30 p.m. in Miller Plaza. Tickets are $30 now, $35 at the door. Buy tickets online at ohsclass2003.com.
• Kirkman Technical High School class of 1963 is planning its 50-year reunion for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. For more information, classmates should call 423-894-1100 or 423-238-4322.
• Riverside High School class of 1971 is holding "Celebrate 60 Sensational Years of Living" on Saturday, Oct. 5, 7-11 p.m., in the Chattanooga Convention Center. Tickets are $42 per person. For more information, call 629-5525 or 894-6816.
• Central High School class of 1978 is holding its 35-year reunion Oct. 11-12. For more information, contact Bonnie Sanders Cope, 423-344-5030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Red Bank High School class of 1973 is holding its 40-year reunion Oct. 11-12. A meet-and-greet is planned Friday, 6 to 11 p.m., in Pier 2. The reunion dinner is Saturday, 6-10 p.m., in Pier 2 at The Landing. Casual attire; $50 ticket includes buffet, cash bar and dancing. Make reservations at www.rbhs73.com.
• The Nance-Rollins family reunion is scheduled for Sunday, Sept. 22, at noon at Smith Chapel United Methodist Church, 4245 Stewart Road, Tunnel Hill, Ga. A catered barbecue meal will be served, bring family photos. 404-888-2921.
• The Pitts family reunion will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, at 4 p.m. at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 1995 Ooltewah-Ringgold Road in Ringgold, Ga. Bring a covered dish for shared supper. For more information, contact Katrina Pitts Heatherly at 423-619-8574.
• The 24th annual East Chattanooga Old Timers' reunion is set for Saturday, Sept. 14, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Chester Frost Park. Bring a covered dish for shared lunch.
• Positive Christian Singles, sponsored by First-Centenary United Methodist Church, is holding its 35th anniversary reunion Sept. 27-29. Events include Friday night dinner at the Choo Choo Garden Restaurant, Saturday morning breakfast at Oak Street Center, and a dinner at the church with Nell Mohney as speaker. For pricing or schedule information, email PCS35Reunion@aol.com. Register online at www.firstcentenary.com/35-year-reunion.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...