published Thursday, September 12th, 2013

Candle in 15-year-old's bedroom lights Signal Mountain house afire while she showered

A burning candle lit a bedroom on fire this morning at a Signal Mountain home.

A 15-year-old girl left the candle burning around 5 a.m. while she went to take a shower, Signal Mountain's fire chief said in a news release.

The girl then woke up her mother and they evacuated the house and called 911.

Firefighters extinguished the fire quickly and contained it to the bedroom.

The bedroom was a total loss and the rest of the house received heavy heat and smoke damage, according to the release.

Damages to the house are listed at up to $50,000.

532 Timberlinks Drive
Get directions:  To here - From here
about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

Other National Articles

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.