Memorial Hospital Hixson will be holding an open house and free screenings today as it reveals renovations at the satellite facility.
The open house, which will run from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., will include tours of the expanded and revamped intensive care unit and emergency department; free health screenings including blood pressure and osteoporosis; healthy cooking demonstrations; and physician lectures on topics from everything to controlling your cardiac disease risk factors and advances in breast cancer treatments.
A dedication of the renovated facility will be at 2:30 p.m. Door prize drawings will include a $250 gift certificate, a year’s subscription to Lifeline, and an Apple iPad.
Educational sessions will be held every 30 minutes beginning at 3 p.m. and will include:
· “Your Best Chance – Controlling Your Cardiac Disease Risk Factors” with Robert K. Berglund, M.D.
· “Laparoscopic Colon Resection” with Charles A. Portera, Jr., M.D.
· “Thyroid Cancer, Benign Thyroid Disease, and Hyperparathyroidism” with W. Heath Giles, M.D.
· “Advances in Breast Cancer Treatments” with Betsy J. Washburn, M.D.
· “Bladder Control Therapy” with Ross A. Cohn, M.D.
· “General Surgery” with G. Thomas Gilmore, M.D.
Key screenings will include:
· Blood Pressure
· Osteoporosis Screening
· Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) Screening
· Balance Screening
· Mole Patrol provided by Susong Associates
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:
related articles »
Sometimes, nothing can help a situation like talking to someone else who has been through a similar experience.
For the first time, government advisers are recommending screening for lung cancer, saying certain current and former heavy smokers should ...
If the Chattanooga Convention Center seems to be on estrogen overload this weekend, blame it on She: An Expo for ...
The questions fly in the face of a medical concept that seems indisputable: The earlier the diagnosis, the better.