Memorial Hospital Hixson will be holding an open house and free screenings today as it reveals renovations at the satellite facility.
The open house, which will run from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., will include tours of the expanded and revamped intensive care unit and emergency department; free health screenings including blood pressure and osteoporosis; healthy cooking demonstrations; and physician lectures on topics from everything to controlling your cardiac disease risk factors and advances in breast cancer treatments.
A dedication of the renovated facility will be at 2:30 p.m. Door prize drawings will include a $250 gift certificate, a year’s subscription to Lifeline, and an Apple iPad.
Educational sessions will be held every 30 minutes beginning at 3 p.m. and will include:
· “Your Best Chance – Controlling Your Cardiac Disease Risk Factors” with Robert K. Berglund, M.D.
· “Laparoscopic Colon Resection” with Charles A. Portera, Jr., M.D.
· “Thyroid Cancer, Benign Thyroid Disease, and Hyperparathyroidism” with W. Heath Giles, M.D.
· “Advances in Breast Cancer Treatments” with Betsy J. Washburn, M.D.
· “Bladder Control Therapy” with Ross A. Cohn, M.D.
· “General Surgery” with G. Thomas Gilmore, M.D.
Key screenings will include:
· Blood Pressure
· Osteoporosis Screening
· Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) Screening
· Balance Screening
· Mole Patrol provided by Susong Associates
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right: