published Thursday, September 26th, 2013

Ingesting drug leads to two Bradley Central High students going to hospital

Two students at Bradley Central High School reportedly ingested an hallucinogenic drug today and were taken to a Cleveland, Tenn., hospital for treatment, the Bradley County Sheriff's Office has reported.

A news release from the sheriff's office said teachers at the school had alerted school resource deputies of the ingestion.

The release said the two underwent treatment at SkyRidge Medical Center and are expected to recover.

The release also said that an investigation showed the students had ingested a substance thought to be 25C-NBOMe, an hallucinogenic-type drug they had gotten when they got to school.

The release said the sheriff's office will pursue charges against three students involved in distributing the drug.

about Staff Report...

Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress or by visiting us on Facebook or Twitter at the right:

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.