Events and seminars
• Chamber Member Orientation from 8 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Chattanooga Chamber, 811 Broad St. Attendees will learn more about the Chattanooga Chamber. The event is free and open to the public.
• North Chattanooga Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. BlueCross Vice President Steven L. Coulter will speak on "National Health Care Reform: The Impact on Tennessee." Meetings cost $10.
• AM Networking at Panera Bread - Northgate from 8 to 9 a.m. Wednesday at Northgate Mall. For more information, contact Stacy Carmosino at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423.763.4357.
• Diversify 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Chattanooga Convention Center: 1150 Carter St. Memphis Mayor A.C. Wharton Jr. and American Idol contestant Jermaine Purifory will speak at the Chattanooga Chamber's premiere event showcasing business opportunities for minorities, women and other disadvantaged business entrepreneurs. This summit will feature free seminars, a Business Diversity Expo, and meetings with purchasing officials from major firms. Visit www.chattanoogachamber.com to learn more.
• North Chattanooga Summit 2013 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. The North Chattanooga Council is coordinating with the NorthShore Merchants Collective to organize the North Chattanooga Summit, an inaugural event co-hosted by Chattanooga City Councilmen Chip Henderson and Jerry Mitchell. The event will focus on economic development and quality of life issues in the North Chattanooga area. Meetings cost $10.
• Southside Council Meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at South Chattanooga Recreation Center: 1151 W. 40th St. Elizabeth Tallman of the Bethlehem Center will speak. Meetings cost $10.
• Downtown Council Meeting from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Springhill Suites Chattanooga: 495 Riverfront Parkway. Meetings cost $10.
• Ooltewah/Collegedale Council Coffee from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Hampton Inn: 6145 Weir Way.
Dave Flessner is the business editor for the Times Free Press. A journalist for 35 years, Dave has been business editor and projects editor for the Chattanooga Times Free Press, city editor for The Chattanooga Times, business and county reporter for the Chattanooga Times, correspondent for the Lansing State Journal and Ingham County News in Michigan, staff writer for the Hastings Daily Tribune in Nebraska, and news director for WCBN-FM in Michigan. Dave, a native ...
related articles »
• East Brainerd Council Meeting from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at the Car Barn, 6721 Heritage Business Court. ...
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping, from 1 to 2 p.m. Monday at the Incubator, 100 Cherokee Blvd.
• Hixson Council Community Coffee from 8 to 9 am. Tuesday at the Country Inn & Suites: 5000 New Country ...
• Entrepreneur Bookkeeping from 1 to 2 p.m., Monday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Lynn Talbott of HR Business ...