published Sunday, April 6th, 2014

Happy Hour

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

88
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
GameOn said...

Bought and paid for by the Chamber of Commerce, the Business Roundtable, Bankers, Insurance Companies, SEIU, NEA, UAW, etc. No one represents "We the People".

The Koch Brothers are way behind at no. 59. http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?order=A

April 6, 2014 at 1:17 a.m.
fairmon said...

Sold to the highest bidder! Money is a better lubricant for that noise than WD40.

April 6, 2014 at 5:47 a.m.
cactus said...

If a limit is placed on the amount of money that is spent to buy free speech, would the news media agree to limit the number of words or articles that it publishes about a candidate or a party?

April 6, 2014 at 6:25 a.m.
limric said...

Great offering today Clay.

Legalized open corruption, the NSA's big brother network, transference of strategic (most all) manufacturing to foreign nations, privatization of 'the commons', the SS (ish) machinations of the DHS/TSA, the rise of the warrior cops, the recent court dismissal challenging extrajudicial killings of Americans. All this and the transformation of much of the MSM into a govt. propaganda tool disseminating disinformation, while offering up shiny objects and distractions .

Anyone seeing a trend here? Happy hour indeed - Whoo hoo!

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." ~Abraham Lincoln

The revolution WILL BE televised [except during American Idol or during Football Season] !

April 6, 2014 at 6:49 a.m.
wallyworld said...

If you have to pay billions to have a voice in our democracy, why do we call it "free" speech. This country is turning into an oligarchy right before our eyes. And the states that suffer the most from this type of governance are the ones voting these crooks into office, because they are so entrenched in their ignorance and their propaganda, they buy the idea that they're supposed to be masters and slaves.

April 6, 2014 at 7:01 a.m.
MickeyRat said...

Chief Justice John Roberts' reasoning: "Large donations are not reflective of quid pro quo corruption."

Hmm ok...

Then by extension, wouldn't it be logical to assume that when a car drives up to someone on a street corner for a brief moment that - 'it is not reflective of quid pro quo drug deal Chief Justice?!?!

April 6, 2014 at 7:26 a.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

The great irony, put your life in the hands of politicians and then be outraged when they sell their influence over your life. It happens every time. Progressive lunacy.

April 6, 2014 at 11:52 a.m.
Rickaroo said...

BRP, you're not making any sense whatsoever. Name one progressive who is in favor of this latest bit of lunacy from the Supremes. It is the conservatives who are calling corporations "people" and donated money "free speech." They think that unlimited freedom for corporations and the rich somehow translates into individual freedom as well, but they/you are going to learn, since obviously you don't seem to get it now, that the more they are empowered, the more our freedom is going to be curtailed. Unlimited freedom for big business is only going to empower them more, and lord knows, they already have all the power they need. They OWN our politicians and it is the GOP and teabaggers and neo-cons who keep supporting legislation that empowers big business and the rich even more. Pray tell, how is that "progressive lunacy?"

April 6, 2014 at 1:05 p.m.
BigRidgePatriot said...

Oh brother. repubs are influence peddling and dems are not? You go ahead and keep thinking that. Progressives are in both parties.

April 6, 2014 at 1:22 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

BRP: Roo sees things thru a skinny, one-way prism.

April 6, 2014 at 1:27 p.m.
conservative said...

Common sense - Politics is mostly about money.

Liberals/Socialists/Demoncrats want more programs funded by other people's money so they vote for politicians who will deliver.

The other people rightfully oppose this evil so they will contribute money to a candidate who also opposes this evil.

The greedy, who want other people's money had to come up with a ruse to hide their greedy intent.

The Liberal/Socialists/Demoncrats are the ones buying politicians.

It is not complicated.

April 6, 2014 at 1:35 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Kind of like hobby lobby, who doesn't want to pay for birth control but invests in companies that make and market birth control? That seems kind of complicated to me.

April 6, 2014 at 1:43 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Not to me, lu. It's about mandates.

April 6, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.

Next thing is Hobby Lobby will save on insurance by sending sick employees to Ernest Angley and Bennie Hinn for "miracle healings" instead of doctors.

Doesn't Hobby Lobby invest in funeral homes and cemeteries too?

April 6, 2014 at 1:51 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

PT, you don't see the contradiction? I'm surprised.

April 6, 2014 at 1:53 p.m.
fairmon said...

When the opposition changes their position they are waffling. When the favored changes position it is considered enlightenment. There is a lot of enlightenment when money is involved.

April 6, 2014 at 2:06 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hobbr Lobby becomes the target for bucking the Dear Leader, eh?

April 6, 2014 at 2:07 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

"Progressives are in both parties." - BRP

Are you serious?? Name one progressive who is a Republican. The fact is that there are very few true progressives even in the Democratic Party (Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, to name two of only a handful) and NONE in the GOP. Republicans have voted in lockstep against Obama and the Democrats on EVERY issue. If there were one progressive among the Republicans then he/she would have stuck out like a sore thumb by voting against their fellow Republicans.

The fact is that we have swung so far to the right in this country for the past three decades, swallowing all that conservative trickle-down crap and defunding most of our public programs, that nobody really knows what true progressivism is any more. Even the center has shifted so far to the right that what is "moderate" or "centrist" today is extremely conservative.

I am not denying that there is corruption on both sides of the aisle. Until we have real campaign finance reform, out vote is going to be totally meaningless. We have become a nation of, by, and for the rich. One has to be rich to even consider running for office and then one has to be richer still and well connected to even richer people and corporations to win. It's all about the money. And Citizens United and now this latest from the conservative ass-kissers-of-the-rich-and-big-business on the Supreme Court are taking us well on the way to an all-out oligarchy. We stopped being a true democratic republic a long time ago and I don't know if it's possible to roll back the swelling tide.

But c'mon, man....a progressive Republican? Today? Not even close! But I have to admit...it's funny to hear you say something so asinine. Thanks for a good chuckle.

April 6, 2014 at 2:08 p.m.
fairmon said...

You can sell only when there is a buyer. Check out the buyers on the link provided by gameon at 0117.

April 6, 2014 at 2:09 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Lu, with respect to the lawsuit, no.

April 6, 2014 at 2:09 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hey Roo, you speak of chuckles. Like "defunding most of our social programs "? That's worth a chuckle.

April 6, 2014 at 2:15 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

So its okay that they refuse to cover the cost of birth control on religious grounds, but turn around and make money on the same products?

If I were on the SCOTUS I'd throw that case out and fine them.

April 6, 2014 at 2:26 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

No, lu. Seems disingenuous, if true. But has nada to do with lawsuit.

April 6, 2014 at 2:33 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hey lu, what's your take on the Gay Gestapo and Mozilla?

April 6, 2014 at 2:35 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

"Hey Roo, you speak of chuckles. Like "defunding most of our social programs "? That's worth a chuckle." - PT

No, that is NOT worth a chuckle because it's true. Certainly they haven't succeeded yet (thank god!) in completely defunding those programs but they have managed to get funding reduced substantially. And in those areas the GOP has not yet succeeded, they are constantly and vigorously trying. The mantra of the GOP for the past 3 decades and more has been to "starve the beast," with the beast being any and all manner of social programs that it despises and has always despised - from social security to food stamps to Planned Parenthood to unemployment insurance to Medicare to public education.

But for one too dense or too biased to not see the hypocrisy of Hobby Lobby's lawsuit and its record of investing in abortifacients, why should I expect you to see the truth of the well known facts of the GOP's stance against anything it considers liberal or progressive?

April 6, 2014 at 2:36 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Don't know anything about it. Wanna enlighten me?

April 6, 2014 at 2:52 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Lu, Google Brendan Eich.

April 6, 2014 at 3:11 p.m.
limric said...

So it’s back to the Hobby Lobby.

Who would have thought that we'd see the day corporate lawyers would argue that for-profit corporations can practice spirituality?

It is hard to know which idea is more absurd, that for-profit corporations are spiritual beings that practice religion, that corporations are entitled to Constitutional rights, or, in keeping with today’s subject, that money is protected political speech.

I’m going to have to side with Bill Maher and Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse. Maher said. “This is like a legal ruling written by the little mermaid.” And Whitehouse said, (comparing the five justices who ruled on the side of McCutcheon to "the ultimate amateur ... who says, 'I know how to eat, so I can open a restaurant.”

April 6, 2014 at 3:12 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Roo, it's almost amusing for someone as intractable and steeped in ideology to accuse others of being dense/biased. Too funny.

April 6, 2014 at 3:15 p.m.
limric said...

Plainny,

Unable to Elucidate a cogent description/report about Brendan Eich? And then you expect Ikeithlu to do the research for you?

You don’t really know anything about the story. Do you? Aside from FOX & Friends squawking points.

April 6, 2014 at 3:22 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Pay attention, Limmy. I know plenty about it. Lu asked me about it and I told her how to research it. Why do you capitalize elucidate? You a fan of Fox and Friends are you?

April 6, 2014 at 3:38 p.m.
Rickaroo said...

PT...I admit my left-wing bias. I'm a liberal and proud of it. Socialism is not the "evil" that you conservative and libertarian blowhards make it out to be, and in fact this country needs a good healthy dose of it to get it out of this cesspool of ass-backward conservatism and fundamentalism that plague this country.

Being "moderate" or "independent," as you claim to be, does not make you any more clear-eyed or objective or enable you to see the truth any more readily than me or anyone else. In fact, it's better to admit one's bias or ideological propensity than it is to call oneself an "independent" out of fear of taking sides. You are clearly a hard-core righty but you seem to be too afraid or too unsure of yourself to take a stance and admit it. You profess to be independent but you ALWAYS cheerlead for the right and constantly, without exception, bash the left. If ever there was a hypocrite and arrogant windbag, with nary an ounce of objectivity, it is you.

April 6, 2014 at 3:49 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

From what I can find, this is similar to chick-fil A. A CEO funds a movement that others disagree with, and people overreact. That he left the company is between him and the company (like that duck dynasty guy) and those that boycott Mozilla are exercising their rights, but they look silly if they select Mozilla out of all the companies that also supported prop 8. Am I ngetting that pretty close? My source was Forbes.

April 6, 2014 at 3:52 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Lu, close. "Funds" a movement is a reach. He made a $1k personal donation to a Group not supporting same sex. Paid. Heavy price once the Gestapo got wind of it. My take.

April 6, 2014 at 4:01 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Roo, if you're gonna obsess on me, pay closer attention. I've stated numerous times that I'm right of center. And BTW, I have disagreed with conservatives on here several time. As to objectivity, I've not seen an ounce from you. Maybe I missed it.

April 6, 2014 at 4:06 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Again, that he left the company is between him and the company. Whether I agree or disagree is simply not the issue.

April 6, 2014 at 4:15 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

So lu, here's a guy railroaded because of a personal belief, and you see no wrong?

April 6, 2014 at 4:19 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Was he? We don't know if that is the whole story.

April 6, 2014 at 4:32 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Lu, say he was. Then...?

April 6, 2014 at 4:35 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

If that is consistent with company policy, who are we to say otherwise?

April 6, 2014 at 4:40 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

If the man's civil rights were violated, he has recourse. Is he following that path?

April 6, 2014 at 4:42 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Lu, your position is scary. Here's a guy railroaded after pressure is applied by the gay Gestapo. Intolerance by a group seeking tolerance. Bad enough. Worse is that you and the left condones it. Upside down.

April 6, 2014 at 5:24 p.m.
Plato said...

If the "truth in advertising" concept were made to legally apply to campaign and issue ads I would not have too much problem with the billions that are spent, but instead, it's perfectly OK to lie, misquote, us derogatory pictures of the opponent, and purposely mislead and confuse the viewer. The same types of things that would get you thrown in jail if you were selling a health related product or service.

Freedom of speech has it's limits, you can't yell "fire" in a theater. It seems reasonable to me that similar limitation should apply to campaign and issue ads.

April 6, 2014 at 6:11 p.m.
alprova said...

Geez pt...

Brendan Eich must be something special to you, the way you're trumpeting his cause, not knowing all the details.

You act surprised that lefties are yawning because the man may or may not have been asked to step down for donating to an anti-gay marriage PAC.

I don't understand for one second why you are seeking something from those of us who believe in living and let living, and are gulping for air because we are not rushing to defend his alleged dismissal.

You're nothing, if not totally twisted.

April 6, 2014 at 7:26 p.m.
alprova said...

Limric wrote: "Unable to Elucidate a cogent description/report about Brendan Eich?"

Truth is...the man has only figured out how to post Twitter links.

April 6, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "He made a $1k personal donation to a Group not supporting same sex. Paid. Heavy price once the Gestapo got wind of it. My take."

Here's the part you're NOT getting.

If the man was promoted to head a company located in Tennessee or Georgia, there would be nothing at all to discuss. But, he was promoted to run a company located in California.

Proposition 8 was and still continues to be very hot and there are people determined to allow gay marriage, by any means necessary to see it come about.

I'm sure he regrets his donation. Seems to me that he didn't plan ahead, or think of the repercussions for not staying neutral, given that the issue is so hot in that state.

He'll find another home with a more conservative company, rest assured.

I'm sure that now that Fox News is all over it, the man's phones haven't stopped ringing.

April 6, 2014 at 7:38 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

There you go again, Alpy. Obsessing about me and twitter. You and all Loons should be worried about a process that can rob a man of his career for making a paltry donation six years ago. The thing stinks and what stinks worse is none of you Loons will condemn it.

April 6, 2014 at 7:48 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

I am still not convinced this was the primary reason he left the company.

April 6, 2014 at 8:08 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "There you go again, Alpy. Obsessing about me and twitter."

Twitter is your life. I'm just not sure you are aware of that fact.

"You and all Loons should be worried about a process that can rob a man of his career for making a paltry donation six years ago."

If it is the sole reason he is no longer with Mozilla, which has not been proven, life choices come with consequences. He made a choice, he is now suffering the consequences.

Of course, this is a Faux News take on the story that we are discussing. There is no proof that the "Gay Gestapo" as you coin it, had a thing to do with his resignation.

"The thing stinks and what stinks worse is none of you Loons will condemn it."

What stinks about it? People are fired every day for something they post on Facebook. Political donations are public information just as one's personal postings on the web have become.

There is no prohibition against firing someone, especially in this neck of the woods, for any reason under the sun. If a company wants someone fired, they will find a reason to do it.

If you worked for me and I walked up to you and told you that you were too ugly to work for me any longer, and that you were fired, you'd have absolutely no recourse whatsoever.

I'm baffled why you are wringing your hands over the demise of the man.

Free speech often comes at a price.

If you don't believe that, ask the Dixie Chicks about the price they paid for opening their mouths to bash a President onstage.

What would happen to a man who decided to get up on a stage at the Republican National Delegation, who might decide to speak about raising the minimum wage in America, or who might decide to cite the good reasons for abortion, or higher taxes?

How many claps will there be following such an appearance?

Free Speech does indeed come at a great price, sometimes.

April 6, 2014 at 8:53 p.m.
limric said...

As I said Plainny, "You don’t really know anything about the story. Do you? Aside from FOX & Friends squawking points."

Ikeithlu reeled you in. And quite nicely I might add.

Alprova gutted you.

You see, I paid attention.

April 6, 2014 at 9:49 p.m.
fairmon said...

rickaroo said...

....the beast being any and all manner of social programs that it despises and has always despised - from social security to food stamps to Planned Parenthood to unemployment insurance to Medicare to public education.

It is time for all federal welfare to end and spend the money on infrastructure providing those on welfare an opportunity to work. The states will need to provide for those truly unable to work.

Government abuse and funds misuse is rampant. No one can imagine just how big and unmonitored the federal government is.

April 6, 2014 at 10:47 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Limmy, it's people like you and the liar gimp that causes me to fear for our country.

April 6, 2014 at 11:34 p.m.
GameOn said...

lkeithlu said... Kind of like hobby lobby, who doesn't want to pay for birth control but invests in companies that make and market birth control? That seems kind of complicated to me.

Kind of like an atheist teacher working in an Episcopalian school.

April 6, 2014 at 11:45 p.m.
PlainTruth said...
April 6, 2014 at 11:56 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Limmy, it's people like you and the liar gimp that causes me to fear for our country."

Say what you will, but at least we don't run to an Attorney to get out of paying our debts, like you do.

April 7, 2014 at 12:01 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

^ prove it, liar. Still waiting

April 7, 2014 at 1:11 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

"I haven't worked for minimum wage since I was 18 years old. I've attained a record of doing the best that I can on overy job I have ever held, and have many times negotiated my compensation well above what was offered. If I can do it, so can anyone else." -Anthony Prova

April 7, 2014 at 1:34 a.m.
fairmon said...

From CNBC news...

Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Larry Summers has urged global leaders to form a global growth strategy to combat economic stagnation and has called upon the U.S. government to ramp up investment expenditure.

Note: Summers served in both the Clinton and Obama administrations.

"In the U.S. the case for substantial investment promotion is overwhelming. Increased infrastructure spending would reduce burdens on future generations, not just by spurring growth but also by expanding the economy's capacity and reducing deferred maintenance obligations," he said.

"Government could do much at no cost to promote private investment including authorizing oil and natural gas exports, bringing clarity to the future of corporate taxes, and moving forward on trade agreements that open up foreign markets."


Congress is too busy on more critical election issues to pay attention to job creation and the economy. Harry Reid will not allow debate and voting on critical job bills.

April 7, 2014 at 6:39 a.m.
fairmon said...

How accurate is it to assume federal politicians are owned when many are so personally rich and powerful they can exert influence in ways never intended. Neither party will ever relinquish power but will increase the reach of government and control of peoples lives. It is a question of what to expand control of not if more control is exercised.

April 7, 2014 at 6:58 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..

"I haven't worked for minimum wage since I was 18 years old. I've attained a record of doing the best that I can on every job I have ever held, and have many times negotiated my compensation well above what was offered. If I can do it, so can anyone else"

Few admit not doing the best they can do which may be way short of being the best they can be. Why do some people do much better at getting a job than keeping a job?

April 7, 2014 at 7:05 a.m.
lkeithlu said...

My school didn't require me to believe in God or to be a Christian to teach, but you can bet if I pushed atheism on my kids I would have been shown the door, Game on. It was not in my job description to evangelize to my students.

April 7, 2014 at 7:13 a.m.
alprova said...

pt quoted: ""I haven't worked for minimum wage since I was 18 years old. I've attained a record of doing the best that I can on overy job I have ever held, and have many times negotiated my compensation well above what was offered. If I can do it, so can anyone else." -Anthony Prova"

Is there some obscure point you are trying to make by digging up that quote?

April 7, 2014 at 8:19 a.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Congress is too busy on more critical election issues to pay attention to job creation and the economy. Harry Reid will not allow debate and voting on critical job bills."

What "critical" jobs bills do you refer to that harry Reid is not allowing debate and votes?

Cite them.

April 7, 2014 at 8:24 a.m.
alprova said...

Ikeithlu wrote: "My school didn't require me to believe in God or to be a Christian to teach, but you can bet if I pushed atheism on my kids I would have been shown the door, Game on. It was not in my job description to evangelize to my students."

In a perfect world, Evangelicals would not evangelize their students. They would provide the material and allow people to find their own way through the maze of religion.

I feel so fortunate to have been exposed to so many religions in my lifetime. It has made easy work of deciding which ones make sense and which ones are not based on anything Biblical.

I know you are not bothered by the comments of those who attack you for your personal beliefs, or lack thereof, but you just offered the best answer that could have been written in response to a thrown barb your way.

Bravo!!

April 7, 2014 at 8:34 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo vomits "Is there some obscure point you are trying to make by digging up that quote?" yes, committed liar, just pointing out the multiple names you employ. You so like to rail about them. King hypocrite on this site.

April 7, 2014 at 11:24 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Obama to Headline Al Sharpton’s NAN Conference. Now there's a couple of snake-oil salesmen.

April 7, 2014 at 11:58 a.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "yes, committed liar, just pointing out the multiple names you employ."

Uh...HUH? Sir, I have but one name. It is easily found in my profile. I have used but one anonymous nic since day one in this forum.

My God....are you ONLY capable of projecting the issues you suffer from onto other people?

"You so like to rail about them."

I do admit a certain amount of distaste for those whose sole purpose in life is to offer inflammitory comments towards others, after changing their identities repeatedly. It's about time you tried a new one. You've worn this one down to the nub.

IOW, I do not care for trolls.

"King hypocrite on this site."

Moi a hypocrite? Surely you jest.

Just remember...I pay my debts. You don't.

April 7, 2014 at 12:20 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

so alpy, what name did you sign to the letter in question? Hmmm?

Anxiously awaiting evidence of bankruptcy. Put up or shut up.

April 7, 2014 at 12:34 p.m.
ibshame said...

And now for a pause from our regularly scheduled debate: Looks like rumors are beginning to fly over a possible move by VW in the upcoming UAW Appeal. The Anti-Union faction has started a rumor that VW is considering throwing out the results of the "election" in February and going with the UAW after all. If true then Flying J Haslam, Bob "Nissan Corker, Bo "Scopes Monkey Trial" Watson, Gerald "We're Large and In Charge" McCormick and all the rest of the "money changers" are in for a bumpy ride. LOL

April 7, 2014 at 12:39 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

So Shammie, now you're not for collective bargaining, huh?

April 7, 2014 at 12:47 p.m.
ibshame said...

"PlainTruth said... So Shammie, now you're not for collective bargaining, huh?"

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion or for that matter any mention about collective bargaining. If Corker, Haslam and the rest had kept out of the whole process before the vote then this would have all been settled by now. But they chose the LOW ROAD and now they have brought NATIONAL ATTENTION to what should have been a LOCAL matter. They wanted to play hardball with VW. VW will still get the last laugh when it's all said and done and there won't be jack they can do about it. LOL

April 7, 2014 at 2:14 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Shammie, let me see if I have this straight. IF, big IF, VW ignores election and goes with UAW, that's ok with you? Would it have been OK by you if UAW had won and VW set aside the election? Huh?

April 7, 2014 at 2:20 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "so alpy, what name did you sign to the letter in question? Hmmm?"

I have no idea where you found that, nor when I wrote it. Just as you have done on this very site, I choose how much or little of my true name to reveal, depending on where it lands.

Do you REALLY believe you have stumbled onto something that means a thing?

You posted on this very site at one time, omitting your true last name, and you have the audacity to chide me for hiding part of mine somewhere out there in cyberland?

And worse, you call ME a hypocrite?

LMAO!!!

"Anxiously awaiting evidence of bankruptcy. Put up or shut up."

You'd love to get me booted from this site for violating terms of use, wouldn't you? Who do you think you're dealing with?

Ain't gonna happen, twitterdumdum.

I've stated several times how to make the rumor disappear. You pass my posts and keep your caustic comments to yourself, and what little if any reputation you believe you have, will return.

But...sigh...that's not gonna happen, is it? You love being cyber-slapped around on a regular basis.

April 7, 2014 at 2:23 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

You're the one getting slapped, alps. Clear evidence of a lie when one won't back it up with evidence. If the "bankruptcy" were real. do you think I would be urging your publish the truth? Your creds take a hit each time you mention it. Not to mention your other lies.

April 7, 2014 at 2:37 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alpo, Limmie, & Rat think-tank caught on film. https://twitter.com/jjauthor/status/452828129732489216/photo/1

April 7, 2014 at 2:42 p.m.
ibshame said...

"PlainTruth said... Shammie, let me see if I have this straight. IF, big IF, VW ignores election and goes with UAW, that's ok with you? Would it have been OK by you if UAW had won and VW set aside the election? Huh?"

Let me see if I can make this straight for you. IF big IF, Haslam, Corker, Watson and all the rest of the gang had kept their threats and anti-union tactics out of the vote and it had been a FAIR VOTE WITHOUT ANY OUTSIDE INFLUENCE OR THREATS then this would have all been settled by now and it WOULD NOT MATTER WHICH WAY THE VOTE WENT BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A FAIR VOTE WITHOUT COERCION FROM EITHER SIDE.

HOWEVER, THAT DUMBA*S BUNCH CHOSE NOT TO DO THAT INSTEAD THEY CHOSE TO TRY TO PLAY HARDBALL WITH VW. THEY DANGLED A $300 MILLION DOLLAR PACKAGE OF ADDITIONAL INCENTIVES IN FRONT OF VW TO GET THE WORKERS TO VOTE AGAINST THE UAW. Not by any stretch of the imagination was that not coercion.

Bo "Scopes Monkey Trial" Watson knows there is a legal term known as THE APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY. Something he should have been taught his first year of law school but evidently he went to sleep that day or skipped that day. Which very SIMPLY STATED IS THIS: WHETHER OR NOT SOMETHING IS LEGAL OR ILLEGAL IF IT GIVES THE APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY IT CAN BE QUESTIONED. So, even if the $300 Million offer of incentives was legal, it gave the APPEARANCE OF IMPROPRIETY. THAT IS WHY THE ELECTION WILL PROBABLY BE OVERTURNED AND IT WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN EVEN CONSIDERED HAD THAT IGNORANT BUNCH ALLOWED THE WORKERS TO CHOOSE ON THEIR OWN WITHOUT THE INTERFERENCE FROM THE MONEY CHANGERS. Maybe you can understand now?

April 7, 2014 at 4:21 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Shammie, just trying to get an answer to my question outta you. None so far.

April 7, 2014 at 4:23 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "You're the one getting slapped, alps."

I am?

"Clear evidence of a lie when one won't back it up with evidence."

You're a squirmer. You squirm too much. It's fun watching you squirm. I wouldn't DARE put it to bed. Squirm baby squirm.

"If the "bankruptcy" were real. do you think I would be urging your publish the truth?"

Ah...but you and I both know that it is real and it is true. Even if I were to go to the trouble to post the proof, you would simply deny it's you.

I know how that game is played.

"Your creds take a hit each time you mention it. Not to mention your other lies."

Yet, it's hard to notice that not one lie charged against myself has ever been proven. My true and correct name is out there and has been posted repeatedly, and I still stand untouched. No shame here. My conscience is clear.

The difference between you and I, is that I couldn't care less what anyone believes about myself. I've all the friends and cohorts I will need for the rest of my life.

You don't see me squirming because you call me a liar.

LMAO!!

April 7, 2014 at 4:49 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Shammie, just trying to get an answer to my question outta you. None so far."

What makes you think your question deserves an answer? Who do you think you are?

Bet I won't get an answer to those two questions either.

April 7, 2014 at 4:51 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Not squirming, Alpy. Hell I enjoy it. But you're a liar, nonetheless.

April 7, 2014 at 4:53 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Not squirming, Alpy."

Thou protesteth too much...

"Hell I enjoy it."

Now there's a pearl of wisdom and a statement of plain truth. You most certainly do love to stir the sh!t pot all day long. 16 hours a day, in fact. It has become your life.

"But you're a liar, nonetheless."

Am I? Only you and I know for sure, don't we?

April 7, 2014 at 5:26 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Get back in your sales shack, Alps. There's a customer needing a blood-letting.

April 7, 2014 at 5:33 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Forgot to ask, Alpo, your wife still kiting checks?

April 7, 2014 at 5:47 p.m.

If there was ever any doubt that there's barely a dimes worth of difference between the two parties, and that the GOP is morphing into the Democrat Party, read what Jeb Bush said about illegal aliens. They do it out of "love". That's most pathetic thing I've heard a politician say. Next thing we'll be told that stealing is done out of "love".

April 7, 2014 at 6:32 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Fister, remember that in November when you cast all of your votes for the GOP.

April 7, 2014 at 6:39 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Forgot to ask, Alpo, your wife still kiting checks?"

Two responses:

1.) Not once since 1987, and;

2.) At least I have a wife. Bet you wish you did.

You're clearly sexually frustrated, or you wouldn't live on the Internet 16 hours a day.

Maybe if you pay your bills a build your credit back, you might one day find true love and experience life off the net again.

April 7, 2014 at 8:18 p.m.
MickeyRat said...

Zableedofisterix,

You’re looking at the whole country through a pinhole 200 feet off the ground, and like so many others are caught up in minutia/ deflective propaganda. You know this!

Paraprased: ” We've got a real problem...this is a mathematical fact. Tens of trillions of dollars are being extracted from the United States of America. Democrats aren't doing it alone, republicans aren't doing it alone, an entire integrated system, banking, trade and taxation, created by both parties over a period of over two decades is stealing our entire country right now. Republicans want to burn the place to the ground and Democrats, with all due respect, who want to offer a plan that gets it through the end of their second term of their presidency, and then burn the place down!”

Both main political parties are cashing in, or, put another way, taking their cut. It is nothing more than a titanic criminal enterprise. Open extortion is their game.

A number of regulars posting on this forum get it – You, Limric (re. his warnings about the TPP), the GaussianInteger, Rickaroo, and to a certain extent Fairmon. I’m sure I missed some others, but hey, I’m a ‘Rat’ after all. Most however are so bound to a certain ideology or personalities that would say a choice between hanging…or execution is reasonable. Others are just boors.

Idiocracy, Corporatocracy, Oligarchy – take your pick.

In the meantime, let’s all sing ‘Springtime for Hitler’. Goose step – kick turn. Whoo hoo.

April 15, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.