TO BE INCLUDED
• Calendar: Email items to Karen Nazor Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org and Susan Pierce at email@example.com by Monday before the Sunday it appears. Include event name, date, hours, location, ticket price and phone.
• Photo layouts: Email four to six photos with left to right identifications to spierce@timesfree press.com. Include event name, location and who fundraiser benefited. Contact: Susan Pierce at 757-6284.
• Upcoming fundraisers
• 25 CHAMPAGNE & CHOCOLATES, The Mill, 1601 Gulf St., 6-9 p.m., $50 per person, $90 couples, silent auction and cocktail party to benefit Little Miss Mag Child Care Center. 423-266-5286.
• 25 BARTENDER BRAWL, Miller Plaza, M.L. King Boulevard at Market Street, 6-9 p.m., $20 ticket includes two drink samples, additional samples sold for $2 each at event; bartenders from Taco Mamacita, Urban Stack, Community Pie, Porter's Steakhouse, Easy Bistro and Mellow Mushroom compete to see who mixes the best cocktail. Sponsored by Chattanooga Friends to benefit Chambliss Center for Children, Siskin Children's Institute, Children's Advocacy Center of Hamilton County and Northside Neighborhood House. bartenderbrawl.eventbrite.com.
• 25 PALATE 2 PALETTE YOUTH GALLERY, Church on Main, 1601 Rossville Ave., 7-9 p.m., $5 adults, $2 students, artwork from area high school students show and sale to benefit Craniofacial Foundation. 423-778-9191.
• 26 PANCAKE BREAKFAST, Harrison Ruritan Club, 5709 Tyner Lane in Harrison, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., $6 for either of two breakfast meals, sponsored by Ruritan Club; students of Central High School Ruri-teen Club will hold car wash in conjunction with pancake breakfast. 423-344-9851.
• 26 PALATE 2 PALETTE GALLERY STROLL, studios of Southside neighborhood, 5-8 p.m. followed by Bubbles and Sweets after-party at Track 29, 1400 Market St., $75 includes stroll and party, benefits Craniofacial Foundation. 423-778-9191.
• 27 CHOCOLATE FLING, The Chattanoogan, 1201 Broad St., 2-4 p.m., $30, benefits Epilepsy Foundation. 423-634-1772.
• 29 WOMEN OF DISTINCTION LUNCHEON, Chattanooga Convention Center, 1100 Carter St., 11:30 a.m., $75, benefits American Lung Association of Tennessee. 423-629-1098.
• 1 SISKIN STYLEWORKS, Chattanooga Convention Center, 1150 Carter St., 10 a.m. marketplace, 11:30 p.m. lunch and fashion show by Belk. $65 per person, $500 table of eight, $1,000 Fashionista table for eight with admission to preview party, $25 to preview party only, benefits Siskin Children's Institute. 423-648-1730.
• 1 TAILS AT TWILIGHT, Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St., 6-9 p.m., $50, silent auction, beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres to benefit Pet Placement Center. 423-877-0738.
• 3 PANCAKE BREAKFAST, Applebee's, 5606 Brainerd Road, 8-10 a.m., $6, sponsored by 100 Black Men of Chattanooga to benefit Life Academy for Young Men. 423-821-6700.
• 3 DO THE DERBY CHATTANOOGA STYLE, Engel Stadium, 4:30-11 p.m., $50 in advance, $60 at gate, $90 VIP ticket, $30 party ticket allows admission after 8 p.m., live broadcast of the Kentucky Derby, celebrity derby race, live and silent auctions, Big Hat Contest and dancing to benefit Chattanooga's Kids on the Block. 423-757-5259.
• 3 TELL ME SOMETHING DERBY, Republic parking lot next to Bluewater Grille, 200 block of Broad Street, 3:30-8 p.m., $35 in advance, $40 at gate, $60 per couple, $400 reserved table for eight; appetizers, big hat contest, music, Kentucky Derby televised at benefit for Chattanooga Room in the Inn. 423-624-6144.
• 3 MOTOWN DOWNTOWN, Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 E. M.L King Blvd., Motown-era muscle car show at 4:30 p.m., performance by Howard School band at 6 p.m., both free; buffet dinner-dance at 7:30 p.m., $60 per person, $1,000 for table for eight; must be 21 or older to attend. Sponsored by Performing Arts League Inc. to raise funds for high school band uniforms. 423-622-2425.
• 3 DODGEBALL CHALLENGE, Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road, 9 a.m. sign-ins, $150 per co-ed team of 8 players ages 16 and up, entry fee includes lunch, benefits Breakaway Outreach for at-risk youth. 423-400-1358.
• 6 LOVE WINS, Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St., 9:30 a.m. VIP meet and greet, 11:30 a.m. luncheon, $75 per person, $600 per table, benefits Live On Point. Glennon Melton, author of "Carry On, Warrior" and creator of Momastery.com, is featured speaker at women's luncheon for grandmothers, mothers and daughters. 423-899-9188.
• 10 BACKSTAGE BASH, Chattanooga Theatre Centre, 400 River St., 7:30 p.m., $75 and $125, entertainment, food and drink onstage, backstage and in the costume and scene shops to benefit the theater. 423-267-8534.
Susan Palmer Pierce is a reporter and columnist in the Life department. She began her journalism career as a summer employee 1972 for the News Free Press, typing bridal announcements and photo captions. She became a full-time employee in 1980, working her way up to feature writer, then special sections editor, then Lifestyle editor in 1995 until the merge of the NFP and Times in 1999. She was honored with the 2007 Chattanooga Woman of ...