published Sunday, April 20th, 2014

Gay Rights

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

129
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.

This cartoon is offensive to the Easter Bunny.

April 20, 2014 at 12:20 a.m.

Yeah, boy, those "gays" really got it hard in this country. No pun intended. Go to Iran, Russia, Africa, Saudi Arabia and see how "gays" are treated.

April 20, 2014 at 12:22 a.m.
fairmon said...

The discrimination in America is against all singles. Both parties require those preferring to remain single to support those married and the more kids they have the greater the disparity. The blatant discrimination against singles is a case of a majority's abuse of a minority.

What is the justification for a state imposed fee and license along with some hokey ritual by state authorized individuals to be considered married? It is to enable legal discrimination against those that prefer to remain single. The affordable healthcare act is the latest case of discrimination against singles.

The driving force of gay's seeking to be legally married is participation in the discrimination against singles by participating in the over 1200 laws favoring those married. Those opposed to gay rights are too selfish to address the root cause of the push for "gay rights" which has nothing to do with being liked or being receptive to their life style or sexual preference.

April 20, 2014 at 3:34 a.m.
moon4kat said...

zableed . . . so you're saying you think the USA should ignore the human rights of its citizens and sink to the level of Iran, Russia, Africa, Saudi Arabia?

April 20, 2014 at 7:35 a.m.
joepulitzer said...

Only a nest of progressive liberal eggheads would come up with this for Easter Sunday and then actually publish it.

April 20, 2014 at 7:42 a.m.
fairmon said...

Could someone describe the message this rather queer looking cartoon is trying to convey?

April 20, 2014 at 7:43 a.m.
alprova said...

I feel so old today, but I do like rainbow themed Easter Eggs!!

April 20, 2014 at 8:14 a.m.
alprova said...

Hey PT...Do you still own that dark blue Sedan Deville or did you have to give back?

April 20, 2014 at 8:48 a.m.
Astropig said...

Gays have the same rights that everybody else has.They seem to want some special ones because they are gay.

April 20, 2014 at 8:57 a.m.
librul said...

Hmph! Just like christians .....

Having rights guaranteed in the law books is a far cry from enjoying those rights without a struggle as you walk down road of life, pig.

April 20, 2014 at 9:03 a.m.
joepulitzer said...

Our new national anthem?

Americans. Meet the Americans. They're the new-age family. From the town of Hardrock, They're a page now history.

Let's ride with the family down the street Through the courtesy of liberals in heat.

When you're with the Americans, You'll have a yabba dabba doo time, A dabba doo time. You'll have a gay old time.

April 20, 2014 at 9:09 a.m.
librul said...

Joe P. - are you drunk on Easter? Shame. Shame.

April 20, 2014 at 9:12 a.m.
alprova said...

Astropig wrote: "Gays have the same rights that everybody else has.They seem to want some special ones because they are gay."

Are you truly being serious with that statement?

The right to marry the person of their choice, along with spousal privileges is denied to most gay people, especially here in the South.

What is so special about that? Of course some people find it abnormal, but in a free society, one would think it would be permissible for two people who want to commit their lives to each other, without question or resistance, but we're not there as a society yet, are we?

It will change, even here in the Bible belt. In time religious zealots will no longer be allowed to legislate their chosen moralities on others.

April 20, 2014 at 9:17 a.m.
caddy said...

"Men prefer an order that permits Sin and forbids freedom. They see God's law as tyranny because it is a control on sin whereas they prefer controls on freedom and a license to Sin." RJR

April 20, 2014 at 9:40 a.m.
Jferg240 said...

That quote makes about as much sense as the statement that "gays have the same rights as everyone else." None whatsoever.

April 20, 2014 at 9:59 a.m.
librul said...

Fits drivers on Highway 153 to a tee, though. The "tyranny" of speed limits dare not impede their presumed license to speed.

April 20, 2014 at 10:04 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Alps, don't own and have never owned a dark blue Seville. You need to fire your investigator. More bad info, nematode brain.

April 20, 2014 at 10:28 a.m.
Astropig said...

Al-

I've looked and looked and I can't find the amendment that gives you the right to marry "the person of your choice". Could you please cite the relevant passage?

On a totally unrelated note,I've been away for a while and it looks like you beat that check kiting rap. Good for you.

April 20, 2014 at 10:32 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Hey Alpo, how's that bunny hop working out for you?

April 20, 2014 at 10:41 a.m.

moonkat, are you serious? You libs can repeat over and over again the party line that Homosexuals are being discriminated against, but it won't fly. They, in fact, have their run of the media and hollywood which means they're in control. Also, they have piles of influence with the fed government.

Nobody is stopping them from doing what they want in their private lives.

What they really want is what they'll never get, which is being viewed as normal. It will never be. Biologically, logically, and in whatever way, it'll never be. People in this country don't care for the most part, they're just sick of the whining. They will be able to marry legally, that's inevitable, but it will never be accepted as a real marriage in the eyes of most because it's not normal. It is what it is, but it's not normal

April 20, 2014 at 11:19 a.m.
whatsthefuss said...

Happy Easter Clay!

Thought I would stick with your theme and post something I hope everyone will enjoy. A Leonard Cohen song sung by the great K.D. Lang! Simply forget everything you have been taught for a few minutes, close your eyes and relax. Everything is going to be OK!

http://youtu.be/P_NpxTWbovE

April 20, 2014 at 11:28 a.m.
tifosi said...

zableedofisterix said...

"They, in fact, have their run of the media and hollywood which means they're in control. Also, they have piles of influence with the fed government."

That is probably what you said in 1968 about black people.

April 20, 2014 at 12:36 p.m.
alprova said...

Astropig ( A new moniker) wrote: "Al-I've looked and looked and I can't find the amendment that gives you the right to marry "the person of your choice". Could you please cite the relevant passage?"

I never said there was any such "amendment," but if we were a truly free society, there would be no impediments to gay marriage.

"On a totally unrelated note,I've been away for a while and it looks like you beat that check kiting rap. Good for you."

Whomever you are, and I have my suspicion, I have never bounced a check in my life, thank you very much. My wife did circa 1983 or so.

April 20, 2014 at 12:56 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Alps, don't own and have never owned a dark blue Seville. You need to fire your investigator. More bad info, nematode brain."

Sir, it was not a Seville, it was a Sedan Deville and it's parked underneath your carport of your dilapidated hovel that needed paint a decade ago.

I didn't hire an investigator. I see you tweaked your Facebook page settings overnight. A little too late though.

You really need to do a little tweaking elsewhere on the web, because I can post a picture of your shack for everyone to see, because you are so careless.

Let's see just how far you want to go with this.

I'm definitely game.

April 20, 2014 at 1:03 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^Post away, butt breath.

April 20, 2014 at 1:09 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "Hey Alpo, how's that bunny hop working out for you?"

How's it feel to know that your entire life is spent online, 16 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, because you are utterly alone and have nothing else to do?

It's extremely hard for me to believe that you were once an educator.

April 20, 2014 at 1:11 p.m.
alprova said...

pt wrote: "^^^Post away, butt breath."

You're like a child. You post like you're mentality hasn't evolved past the age of 15.

So you know what? I'm going to be the adult here.

I don't think anyone is interested in watching the two of us trade insults any longer, even if it is what you seek. You're nothing but a imbecilic troll.

I've got enough to stroll right up to your front door and speak to you face to face at your home on Clearfield Road SW. You know it and I know it. You know where to find me.

The ball is in your court.

Still want to play?

April 20, 2014 at 1:29 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Always, coward.

April 20, 2014 at 1:32 p.m.
alprova said...

You're not worth it.

You're a big man behind what you once thought was your little anonymous nickname and now you know you're not anonymous at all.

I will not be drawn into your pathetic world for one more minute.

Keep up the good work on Twitter. You're soon going to bust 10,000 tweets in a matter of six months.

What a milestone that will be.

Utterly pathetic.

LMAO!!

April 20, 2014 at 1:51 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Houses? You wanna talk about pix of the manor? Really?

April 20, 2014 at 1:54 p.m.

zableedofisterix said... "You libs can repeat over and over again the party line that Homosexuals are being discriminated against, but it won't fly. They, in fact, have their run of the media and hollywood which means they're in control. Also, they have piles of influence with the fed government."

Mr. Zableedofisterix,

Last week it was the Jews; this week it's the gays.

Will next week it be the influence of reptilian overlords? Or perhaps it's the gay Jewish reptilian overlords?

Happy Easter. I can feel the love of Jesus Christ in your every word.

April 20, 2014 at 2 p.m.
alprova said...

"Houses? You wanna talk about pix of the manor? Really?"

Yeah I do. Google has always had my address matched to the wrong house, and that sh1tbox that you can pivot to was never mine. My place was a half mile down the road. But that's neither here nor there because I no longer live on Manor Lane and haven't for quite sometime.

April 20, 2014 at 2:05 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^^^. BWAHAHAHA

April 20, 2014 at 2:18 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Let the games begin

April 20, 2014 at 2:20 p.m.

allah, what about the Jews? I never said anything about Jews?

Don't put words in my mouth. I criticized the cartoon by Bennett on Good Friday because of it's timing. So, what are you talking about?

tfosi, a-hole. There you libs go comparing the black struggle for freedom to the "gays" foot stomping tantrum and name calling fest targeted at those who won't put the gay's sexual obsessions on as pedestal. It won't fly. It's insulting. I wasn't alive in 1968, by the way.

April 20, 2014 at 2:28 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^ Zablee, it goes with the paint roller.

April 20, 2014 at 2:31 p.m.

Figures in one weekend , Easter weekend, Bennett managed to mock the very core of Christianity on Good Friday, and on Easter Sunday focuses on the faux "gay" struggle for their rights. They're here, they're queer and they're here to stay. We get it. Is it possible that we can go one week without being forced to think about, see on tv, read about, or listen to fudge packers whining about how oppressed they are? It's not a human rights struggle. "Gays" "queers" and the like have been around since the beginning. They're going to get as much as respect as they'll ever get in this country. What do they want, to replace the Washington Monument with a giant sculpture of a penis? Or, maybe they want the Grand Canyon to be renamed the Le Grand Con, which means The Grand anus in french.

April 20, 2014 at 2:42 p.m.

PT

April 20, 2014 at 2:50 p.m.

PT, you're right.

April 20, 2014 at 2:52 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....It will change, even here in the Bible belt. In time religious zealots will no longer be allowed to legislate their chosen moralities on others.

It is not a moral issue but a financial issue wherein gays want to discriminate, along with other marrieds, against singles. Gay's are just as selfish and self serving as the married majority. The most recent welfare and transfer of wealth program (affordable healthcare act) provides an even greater incentive for gay's to seek the privilege of participating in the blatant discrimination against those preferring to remain single. Most people, including me, could care less if someone has some queer ideas about sex but don't want to financially subsidize it.

SB-13 and HB-25 (fair tax proposals or consumption tax) are starting to get more attention and support. However neither of my elected elite (republicans all) are among the supporters. My vote will go to anyone pledging to support it if it ever gets to the floor for a vote. It is the only fair tax proposed by anyone in either party. unfortunately congress could screw it up just as they do most things.

April 20, 2014 at 5:08 p.m.
limric said...

The 'Fair Tax' is a Trojan Horse that will crush the remnants of the middle class, the poor & the economy as a whole. All while creating a black market to rival Baghdad, Isfahan or any other 3rd world country.

I find it hard to believe its still has treads.

Happy Easter

April 20, 2014 at 6:01 p.m.
tifosi said...

zableedrool's true colors have flown. A bigot and racist of the tallest order. America leaves these mongrels behind every time.

April 20, 2014 at 8:11 p.m.

He suddenly remembered that it's Hitler birthday so he and the other brownshirts and brown underwears have gone to Chic-Fil-A to plan their putsch.

I'm betting they pray to god in Jesus' name before deciding the fate of the world.

April 20, 2014 at 8:51 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "It is not a moral issue but a financial issue wherein gays want to discriminate, along with other marrieds, against singles."

You write this every time the issue comes up, but I seriously doubt that their FIRST concern is tax savings. Most want marriage rights to be recognized for other reasons.

"Gay's are just as selfish and self serving as the married majority."

Selfish? Seriously?

"The most recent welfare and transfer of wealth program (affordable healthcare act) provides an even greater incentive for gay's to seek the privilege of participating in the blatant discrimination against those preferring to remain single."

But Sir, that is a preference, as you state. Everyone knows that there are savings AND expenses that decrease or increase as a result of marriage.

"Most people, including me, could care less if someone has some queer ideas about sex but don't want to financially subsidize it."

Wouldn't that make you selfish by definition because you prefer to remain single?

"SB-13 and HB-25 (fair tax proposals or consumption tax) are starting to get more attention and support. However neither of my elected elite (republicans all) are among the supporters. My vote will go to anyone pledging to support it if it ever gets to the floor for a vote."

I think you and I both know that we are years away from the Fair Tax being a reality.

"It is the only fair tax proposed by anyone in either party. unfortunately congress could screw it up just as they do most things."

As long as Congress can use the tax system for a game of political football, the Fair Tax will remain on the shelf. It's just reality.

April 20, 2014 at 8:52 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon, it's really not hard to understand why there are tax rate differentials for couples or those with children. You choose to ignore those reasons.

Your quest to equalize tax rates for singles is going to be a long quest, and I'm sure you know that.

Apparently, the financial inequalities don't bother you as much as you claim they do, or you would get hitched and join the vast majority of the nation and enjoy lower tax bills.

April 20, 2014 at 8:58 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Figures in one weekend , Easter weekend, Bennett managed to mock the very core of Christianity on Good Friday, and on Easter Sunday focuses on the faux "gay" struggle for their rights."

Of course you look at it that way. Your on the inside looking out.

"They're here, they're queer and they're here to stay. We get it."

No, I don't think you do get it.

"Is it possible that we can go one week without being forced to think about, see on tv, read about, or listen to fudge packers whining about how oppressed they are?"

I would have to question your entertainment choices, if you find yourself "forced" to "think" about it.

"It's not a human rights struggle."

It isn't for you, that's for sure. But you're not alone in this world, are you?

""Gays" "queers" and the like have been around since the beginning. They're going to get as much as respect as they'll ever get in this country."

No one is asking for YOUR respect. YOU'RE never going to offer it. But you are going to have to learn to tolerate and accept certain realities if you are to be considered a peaceful member of society.

I'm guessing you have never known someone who is gay, and if you did, any association you may have had with them, ended the minute you became aware of it. I pray, if you have any children, that they don't come to you one day and announce that they are gay.

"What do they want, to replace the Washington Monument with a giant sculpture of a penis? Or, maybe they want the Grand Canyon to be renamed the Le Grand Con, which means The Grand anus in french."

Now you're being ridiculous. You know that no such a thing has been proposed.

April 20, 2014 at 9:09 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^ Alpo, no lie, you are a dreadful human being.

April 20, 2014 at 9:18 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

Allahslittlebuttboy: Brownshirts? Putsch? I'm getting an Easy vibe.

April 20, 2014 at 9:21 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...

Fairmon, it's really not hard to understand why there are tax rate differentials for couples or those with children. You choose to ignore those reasons.

I don't ignore them but I sure think they are ridiculous. Why should I help someone pay the cost of a house full of rug rats they chose to bring into an already over populated the world? Married filing jointly to pay a lower tax rate, what a crock. Everyone should pay the rate currently assigned to single.

Can you or anyone else explain how that would not be fair?

alprova said...

Apparently, the financial inequalities don't bother you as much as you claim they do, or you would get hitched and join the vast majority of the nation and enjoy lower tax bills.

You can bet your a!ss they don't bother me that much. I enjoy the company of a woman but wouldn't have a permanent live in married to her or not for a zero tax rate. Most couples are not happy but emotionally codependent even though miserable.

April 21, 2014 at 1:29 a.m.

"gays" have the same rights as everyone else in this country. Soon "gay" marriage", the farce that it is, will be the norm. Will that stop the bitching, though? No way, because what it's really about is somehow making sure homosexuality is viewed it's normal, or else. Whatever it takes.

April 21, 2014 at 1:45 a.m.

Ahh, the lib world, what a f***ed up world. Illegal aliens are saints and do what they do out love, so we should let them have their run of the place, the anus is a genital, and Obama cares more about people than anyone out there. LOL. Oh, yeah, Hellary is the smartest and most qualified person out there. Too bad she has zero accomplishments.

April 21, 2014 at 1:55 a.m.
conservative said...

An Atheist once again pushing Homosexuality/sodomy and on Easter Sunday!

Even though this sin is about the worst one can practice the message of the cross is that this abomination is forgivable.

But 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 reminds us to not be deceived for the practitioner of this gross sin as well as others will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

April 21, 2014 at 8:47 a.m.
Astropig said...

@Al- "I never said there was any such "amendment," but if we were a truly free society, there would be no impediments to gay marriage.'

Okay, let me be sure here. If you want something really,really badly, and the law doesn't specifically address it, it becomes a right? But if something like keeping and bearing arms IS specifically addressed and has it's own amendment and everything but Al doesn't approve, well, then ,we're going to have to talk about that and negotiate and maybe take that away from people that we don't approve of.In other words,people like Al want the rule of law for...People like Al. But for the rest of us, we have to follow...The rule of Al.

Got it.

April 21, 2014 at 8:56 a.m.
alprova said...

Your point would be a point if there was one word about marriage in the Constitution. I guess under your criteria, all marriage is illegal.

Since there is no mention of marriage in the Constitution, I don't think your point falls a bit flat for another reason as well.

I have never stated that guns needed to be taken away from anyone.

Most of America would like to see expanded background checks that include all purchases at gun shows.

On a side note, I have a friend who spent three tours in Iraq, who made the most cogent argument anyone has ever made as to why one would need a gun capable of firing more than 15 rounds.

Based on that argument, I have reversed my opinion on that issue.

Nice to see you back Maximyth. I guess you decided to start another life in this forum.

April 21, 2014 at 9:16 a.m.
Astropig said...

@Al-

"Since there is no mention of marriage in the Constitution"

Then where,exactly are you finding that right? You said earlier that people have a "right" to marry whomever...Now you say marriage is not mentioned in the constitution. Are you talking human right? Are you talking moral right? Or are you just wanting a "right" because you just really, really want it and your political opposites don't? And why do you want the to recognize something that in some cases will take place in a church? Why,indeed, should the state sanction ANY marriage?

And this dandy:

"Most of America would like to see expanded background checks that include all purchases at gun shows."

Ah, yes. Pure democracy. Government by polling data. I guarantee you that if I asked the question in that poll in my own way, we'd see a very different result and you wouldn't be so hot to rule the world or trample on rights with polls.In fact, why not ask the public about gay marriage with a poll? Depending on who's doing the asking of whom,at a given time,under just the right conditions...It would be whatever the pollster wanted it to be.

Folks, this is why you should read, study and become informed. The world is full of people like Al that have a plan for your life.

April 21, 2014 at 9:42 a.m.
alprova said...

"Then where,exactly are you finding that right? You said earlier that people have a "right" to marry whomever...Now you say marriage is not mentioned in the constitution."

You're the one who dragged the Constitution into the debate.

What I stated was that in a free society, if you believe in such a thing, people would be allowed to marry whomever they mutually agree to marry.

I stated that it should be a right and it should.

"Are you talking human right?"

Absolutely.

"Are you talking moral right?"

What is immoral about it, outside of a few opinions written into the Bible? God nor his Son are not quoted condemning homosexuality or gay marriage.

"Or are you just wanting a "right" because you just really, really want it and your political opposites don't?"

Sir, I don't desire to marry another man, however I see nothing wrong with anyone who does seek to marry one of the same gender.

"And why do you want the to recognize something that in some cases will take place in a church?"

There ARE churches that would be pleased to marry gays.

"Why,indeed, should the state sanction ANY marriage?"

Well now, that's a thought, but one best debated another day, because it only serves to cloud this issue.

"Ah, yes. Pure democracy. Government by polling data. I guarantee you that if I asked the question in that poll in my own way, we'd see a very different result and you wouldn't be so hot to rule the world or trample on rights with polls."

How would you ask the question? What could possibly detour people from their resolve to see to it that guns do not easily make their way into the hands of those who should not have them?

"In fact, why not ask the public about gay marriage with a poll?"

Ah...but this nation's laws are not determined by what a majority of people believe, endorse, or want.

"Folks, this is why you should read, study and become informed. The world is full of people like Al that have a plan for your life."

Sir, I am not a politician. I cannot affect one person's life who reads this. I have my opinions, and you have yours. They are worth just as much as anyone else's.

April 21, 2014 at 10:18 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^ Is anyone on here more full of squeeze?

April 21, 2014 at 10:27 a.m.
ibshame said...

"Astropig said... @Al-

"Since there is no mention of marriage in the Constitution"

Then where,exactly are you finding that right? You said earlier that people have a "right" to marry whomever...Now you say marriage is not mentioned in the constitution. Are you talking human right? Are you talking moral right? Or are you just wanting a "right" because you just really, really want it and your political opposites don't? And why do you want the to recognize something that in some cases will take place in a church? Why,indeed, should the state sanction ANY marriage?"

Sometimes one has to wonder if people who make statements like yours ever really read ALL OF THE U.S. CONSTITUTION or you just let someone tell you what they thought was in it. And by ALL it includes the AMENDMENTS TO THE U.S. CONSTITUTION. So let's make this really simple by showing you how the 14th Amendment can be used to make what is known as case law(that means basically law established by the USSC)

Not too long ago there were laws on the books in some states that would not allow interracial couples to marry. However, in 1967 in a case known as Loving v. W. Virginia the U.S. Supreme Court voided such laws on the basis of the GET READY - THE 14TH AMENDMENT TO THE U.S. CONSTITUTION. Now no where in that amendment will you find the WORDS RELATED TO MARRIAGE BUT YOU WIL FIND WHAT IS KNOWN AS THE EQUAL PROTECTION CLAUSE AND THE DUE PROCESS CLAUSE. You see this couple was jailed because they had married in D.C. and then moved back to W. VA. where there marriage was considered illegal and a crime.

**Now to make a long story short:

"The decision was followed by an increase in interracial marriages in the U.S., and is remembered annually on Loving Day, June 12. It has been the subject of two movies as well as songs...

"Beginning in 2013, it was cited as precedent in U.S. federal court decisions holding restrictions on same-sex marriage in the United States unconstitutional."

Why not try reading the U.S. Constitution before making blanket statements about what is in the Constitution. Because the 14th Amendment is definitely a part of the Constitution and has been the basis of MANY, MANY, MANY, LAWS BASED ON THE INTERPRETATIONS PROVIDED BY THE USSC.

April 21, 2014 at 10:47 a.m.
conservative said...

Wow!

Must be scores of people eager to read all of that!

April 21, 2014 at 10:54 a.m.
ibshame said...

Just as many as that read your posts one would imagine.

April 21, 2014 at 10:57 a.m.
conservative said...

However, many here will read this and probably mash their teeth:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death ; their blood shall be upon them Leviticus 20:13

April 21, 2014 at 10:59 a.m.

They'll get their way and on the books they'll be viewed as any other heterosexual couple, it's inevitable, that's the way the country is going. Just like abortion was shoved down everyone's throats. But, they'll never get what they really want, which is the label of being normal. People/libs will insist that it's normal, but it never will be. So, after they get their way they'll continue to bitch because they can't tolerate anyone thinking that they're not normal. The fact is a marriage between Steve and Joe will never feel like a real marriage no matter how many laws you put on the books. Deal with it.

April 21, 2014 at 11:02 a.m.
ibshame said...

"conservative said... However, many here will read this and probably mash their teeth:"

No, most will probably do as usual and ignore the rants of a hypocrite.

April 21, 2014 at 11:08 a.m.

I read Mr. Conservative and Mr. Zableedofisterix to get my laughs. Imagine the amount of foaming spit they must have on their keyboards and monitors.

April 21, 2014 at 11:16 a.m.
PlainTruth said...

Plugs Biden in Ukraine. send in the clowns

April 21, 2014 at 11:57 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Wow!

Must be scores of people eager to read all of that!"

No ConMan, everyone on here knows you aren't capable of reading more then a couple of sentences. That's why you arguments are limited to only a couple of passages; you conveniently ignore the rest.

It's funny how all of our loving "Christians" spew some of the worst hate...

April 21, 2014 at 12:29 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

No Gassy, what's funny is how you let one rogue zealot get in your head.

April 21, 2014 at 12:30 p.m.
alprova said...

connie wrote: "However, many here will read this and probably mash their teeth:"

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death ; their blood shall be upon them Leviticus 20:13"

But Sir, that is not a direct quote from God, is it? It is believed to have come from Moses, which is quite debatable, because the book of Leviticus was written over many centuries.

Further, that quote was directed to the Levites, which means that it pertains to approaximately 1% of the modern day population.

Context is everything when taking into consideration that which is written in the Bible, and you excuse that which you find disagreement with, and ladle out your cherry picked passages at will.

Get this through your thick head; God nor his Son condemn homosexuality and I will forever challenge you to prove otherwise.

April 21, 2014 at 1:22 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

No, I was also speaking of Fister, Caddy, KenOrr, CaddyDaddy, etc., not just "one rogue zealot".

April 21, 2014 at 1:24 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "They'll get their way and on the books they'll be viewed as any other heterosexual couple, it's inevitable, that's the way the country is going."

You're right about that.

"Just like abortion was shoved down everyone's throats. But, they'll never get what they really want, which is the label of being normal."

Really? I've never seen a homosexual to be considered normal. Every homosexual knows that they are not normal, however, what may be normal for you is not normal for someone else.

"The fact is a marriage between Steve and Joe will never feel like a real marriage no matter how many laws you put on the books."

It will be totally none of your concern how it makes THEM feel.

"Deal with it."

Seems to me that you have much more to deal with than any homosexual ever will.

April 21, 2014 at 1:26 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

Caddy needs to read Spinoza, and zab exactly how does this political cartoon offend one's faith beyond expressing an opinion? It gets tiresome reading people desiring to force their religious ideas on everyone else. If you want to worship an Easter egg or chocolate bunny go for it but leave us out it.

April 21, 2014 at 1:46 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher, Mormon trainee, you wrote:

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death ; their blood shall be upon them Leviticus 20:13"

"But Sir, that is not a direct quote from God, is it? It is believed to have come from Moses, which is quite debatable, because the book of Leviticus was written over many centuries."

Yes, it most certainly is from God. The whole chapter of Leviticus 20 is from God. How many times are you going to tell that lie?

Any fool can call a fact debatable. Jesus often quoted Moses. There have been attempts by Atheists/Liberals to deny Moses as author but they have all failed. They have no proof and neither do you.

That quote and command to put the Homosexual to death as well as many others in Leviticus 20 was to all the people of Israel. Surely you can read, can't you?

Where did you get the idea that God would permit the children of Israel to engage in Homosexual behavior but forbid it to priests? Think man. You would have to be dumber than a box of rocks to actually believe such wicked nonsense.

Read the Bible, read Leviticus 20, don't let someone else make a fool of you.

A 10 year child could read Leviticus 20 and see that God was giving commands to all the people of Israel.

April 21, 2014 at 2:45 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Yes, it most certainly is from God. The whole chapter of Leviticus 20 is from God. How many times are you going to tell that lie?"

Even if you could begin to make any case that the words were inspired by God, which you cannot, there is no manner by which you can attach them applicable to anyone but the Levites.

"Any fool can call a fact debatable. Jesus often quoted Moses. There have been attempts by Atheists/Liberals to deny Moses as author but they have all failed. They have no proof and neither do you."

Sir...in a court of law, all one has to present is a reasonable doubt. You clearly are aware of the fact that Scholars do not believe that Moses wrote the entire book of Leviticus, so there is reasonable doubt that what is written is accurate AND God inspired.

"That quote and command to put the Homosexual to death as well as many others in Leviticus 20 was to all the people of Israel."

Are you an Isrealite? Are you a Levite? What possible edict from that book applies to you and I? Not one word. None.

"Surely you can read, can't you?"

Yes I can and have proven it. You're arguing semantics.

"Where did you get the idea that God would permit the children of Israel to engage in Homosexual behavior but forbid it to priests? Think man. You would have to be dumber than a box of rocks to actually believe such wicked nonsense."

You are twising my words and you know it. First of all, the word homosexual did not exist when Leviticus was written. The word is very weak translation for an ancient word equivilant to describe a child molester.

Among many other prohibitions, child molesters were prohibited from entering the Temple. And since the Temple was destroyed circa 70 AD, Leviticus is absolutely non-relevant to anyone today.

"Read the Bible, read Leviticus 20, don't let someone else make a fool of you."

Sir, I've read it, along with all the history surrounding it and I have a very good understanding of the context of the book of Leviticus.

You have a child's concept.

"A 10 year child could read Leviticus 20 and see that God was giving commands to all the people of Israel."

The ancient Israelites that the book applies to were eradicated eons ago and you know it.

You're a cherry picking idiot who cares not one whit to educate yourself to the context of any Biblical passage.

And that's all I've got to state about that.

April 21, 2014 at 3:05 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

Using common sense and logic one can reason that you don't believe Homosexual behavior is sin.

Correct me if my reasoning is wrong.

April 21, 2014 at 3:12 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"Even if you could begin to make any case that the words were inspired by God, which you cannot, there is no manner by which you can attach them applicable to anyone but the Levites."

Well Scripture says so.

Well if you have the intelligence of a 10 year old you can read Leviticus 20 and see the many commands apply to the people of Israel.

April 21, 2014 at 3:16 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"Sir...in a court of law, all one has to present is a reasonable doubt. You clearly are aware of the fact that Scholars do not believe that Moses wrote the entire book of Leviticus, so there is reasonable doubt that what is written is accurate AND God inspired."

Liberal scholars who refuse to believe the Bible have said worse. So what? There is no doubt in the mind of God or the believer, only in the unbeliever such as yourself.

April 21, 2014 at 3:22 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Using common sense and logic one can reason that you don't believe Homosexual behavior is sin."

"Correct me if my reasoning is wrong."

It is no more a sin than shaving your sideburns and the Bible tells me so.

April 21, 2014 at 5:04 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Well if you have the intelligence of a 10 year old you can read Leviticus 20 and see the many commands apply to the people of Israel."

Ancient DEAD Israelites.

April 21, 2014 at 5:05 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

So you are saying that Homosexual behavior is not sin and the Bible tells you so? And where does the Bible tell you so?

April 21, 2014 at 5:08 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"Are you an Isrealite? Are you a Levite? What possible edict from that book applies to you and I? Not one word. None."

Wrong again, Mormon trainee.

The moral laws of God have never been set aside. They are in effect today and tomorrow. Only one steeped in unbelief and rejection such as yourself could be so blind to the truth. Homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament as well so that those such as yourself will have no excuse when they stand before Jesus in judgment.

April 21, 2014 at 5:11 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Liberal scholars who refuse to believe the Bible have said worse. So what? There is no doubt in the mind of God or the believer, only in the unbeliever such as yourself."

I am not an unbeliever. I am a reasonable, pragmatic, and most of all cautious believer. I look to learn the context of everything I read in the Bible, including who allegedly wrote it, when it was wrote, and who it pertained to at that time it was allegedly commanded.

Do you do that? Nope. You ASSume that every word was inspired by God, despite the massive proof that the Bible has been altered many times throughout history, and you NEVER consider the context in which it appears.

So, you're condemnations and/or expectations pertaining to the destiny of my soul mean nothing to me and they never will.

April 21, 2014 at 5:12 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"Context is everything when taking into consideration that which is written in the Bible, and you excuse that which you find disagreement with, and ladle out your cherry picked passages at will."

Says you, and of course you give no examples because you can't produce one.

What you call cherry picking are just verses germane and pertinent to my comments. Again you can't even show an example of your false accusation.

April 21, 2014 at 5:16 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "So you are saying that Homosexual behavior is not sin and the Bible tells you so? And where does the Bible tell you so?"

You are bearing false witness AGAIN.

I stated clearly that homosexuality is not condemned by God or his Son anywhere in the Bible, and that is a FACT you cannot refute.

Further, homosexuality is no more a sin than any of the other specific sins listed throughout the Bible, up to and including shaving your sideburns.

Wearing clothes made of two differing fibers is a sin. What are the chances you are wearing something this very minute that is of a mixed fiber content.

Context: You're taking that verse completely out of the context it was presented and whom it applied to, and I dare offer that the chances that anyone reading our little exchange is a descendant of a Levite, which are the people that Leviticus applied to.

Remember how you wanted to exclude Gentiles from the 4th Commandment?

What is different about this particular sin, when those to whom it applied are no longer living and the blood line so diluted that it could not possibly apply to one alive today?

April 21, 2014 at 5:24 p.m.
tifosi said...

conservative: You are a disgrace to Christianity.

April 21, 2014 at 5:24 p.m.
tifosi said...

You will not dare respond to any of my postings because you fear me. You know I am right. You are guilty of one God's Seven Deadly Sins. The sin of "Wrath". You will be condemned to purgatory.

April 21, 2014 at 5:25 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "The moral laws of God have never been set aside."

Proof? You wanted to exempt Gentiles from the 4th Commandment, did you not?

"They are in effect today and tomorrow."

If that were remotely true, the Sabbath Day would still be holy by those who call themselves Christians.

"Only one steeped in unbelief and rejection such as yourself could be so blind to the truth. Homosexuality is condemned in the New Testament as well so that those such as yourself will have no excuse when they stand before Jesus in judgment."

It is not condemned by God or Jesus ANYWHERE in the Bible.

April 21, 2014 at 5:27 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^^ hahahaha

April 21, 2014 at 5:27 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"You are twising my words and you know it. First of all, the word homosexual did not exist when Leviticus was written. The word is very weak translation for an ancient word equivilant to describe a child molester."

"Among many other prohibitions, child molesters were prohibited from entering the Temple. And since the Temple was destroyed circa 70 AD, Leviticus is absolutely non-relevant to anyone today"

No, you are just desperate to justify homosexual behavior. We use the modern day Homosexual as well as other words and terms to convey sexual conduct between people of the same sex.

You would have to be dumb as a box of rocks to not know that.

Again you are desperate to justify Homosexual behavior.

Do you see the word Homosexual in the following verse?

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death ; their blood shall be upon them Leviticus 20:13"

Now, can you see a behavior there that just might be called Homosexual behavior?

April 21, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"Among many other prohibitions, child molesters were prohibited from entering the Temple. And since the Temple was destroyed circa 70 AD, Leviticus is absolutely non-relevant to anyone today."

Well you are partly right, child molesters would not be able to enter the temple because they would be dead!

The moral laws of God are still in effect today and tomorrow and you will stand before Jesus in judgment for Homosexual behavior.

April 21, 2014 at 5:34 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"So, you're condemnations and/or expectations pertaining to the destiny of my soul mean nothing to me and they never will."

But it is the word of God that you will be judged by. You have not got past the notion that God's word, the word you said you don't believe and recognize is the standard.

April 21, 2014 at 5:38 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"Proof? You wanted to exempt Gentiles from the 4th Commandment, did you not?"

The Sabbath is not repeated in the New Testament, the others are because they do pertain to morality.

April 21, 2014 at 5:43 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"It is not condemned by God or Jesus ANYWHERE in the Bible."

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death ; their blood shall be upon them Leviticus 20:13"

You just seem to relish looking foolish. This is just proof of your obstinate unbelief and rejection of God's word.

Don't you realize there is no way you can claim you mistyped since you have repeated your lie so often?

April 21, 2014 at 5:50 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

Connie wrote: "So you are saying that Homosexual behavior is not sin and the Bible tells you so? And where does the Bible tell you so?"

"You are bearing false witness AGAIN."

No, you deliberately left out YOUR words that seemed clear to me that you do not believe Homosexual behavior to be a sin:

"It is no more a sin than shaving your sideburns and the Bible tells me so."

I sought to get you to be very clear, I made no statement but asked two questions. I told no lie but now you try to deceive.

April 21, 2014 at 6:01 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"Further, homosexuality is no more a sin than any of the other specific sins listed throughout the Bible, up to and including shaving your sideburns."

You are contending that Homosexual conduct is sin as well as shaving your sideburns or you are contending that neither are sins.

Which do you contend?

April 21, 2014 at 6:06 p.m.
tifosi said...

Like I said. Conservative knows he is wrong, yet he digs his way into Hell as we speak.

April 21, 2014 at 6:21 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

"Remember how you wanted to exclude Gentiles from the 4th Commandment?"

"What is different about this particular sin, when those to whom it applied are no longer living and the blood line so diluted that it could not possibly apply to one alive today?"

Want has nothing to do with it. The Sabbath was part of the Mosaic covenant. The Mosaic covenant ceased when Christ died on the cross.

There is a reason we have we have a NEW TESTAMENT.

Think about it. There is a reason it is called the NEW TESTAMENT.

April 21, 2014 at 6:22 p.m.
lkeithlu said...

Please put a sock in it, conservative.

April 21, 2014 at 6:47 p.m.
fairmon said...

Conservative is a nut case that will be awarded the world's best hypocrite award. Alprova who I rarely agree with appears to be better read with more insight regarding scripture but he keeps allowing conservative to hook him in to an exchange where the other party can't hear with his mouth open and has no reasoning skills.

The result is a good forum that is cluttered with repeat after repeat of the same words and an attitude a Christian would not likely have.

April 21, 2014 at 6:50 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^^ Alpo will never pass up any opportunity to belch his noxious effluent.

April 21, 2014 at 6:55 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said..But Sir, that is a preference, as you state. Everyone knows that there are savings AND expenses that decrease or increase as a result of marriage.

I will admit and acknowledge that nothing will change and never has any post of this forum had an impact on anything legislative. The fact taxes and other financial incentives for marriage are not right and should not exist they do and they will. I notice no one jumps up with any good reasons why they should. Save me from the moralist that think marriage is a Christian thing to do.

April 21, 2014 at 6:56 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher.

In case you have misunderstood me in the past, I want you to know the reason I bother with you. It is because you have claimed to be a Christian.

I don't read and respond to the other practicing Atheists because I have seen that they are so open about their Atheism that they don't need my pointing it out to them for they are not fooling anyone.

You only recently seem to have given up your charade. There is no doubt that you are no longer fooling anyone who visits here often.

I can just keep reminding and informing any newcomers with YOUR own words.

Jesus said:

For by thy words thou shalt be justified , and by thy words thou shalt be condemned .Matthew 12:37

April 21, 2014 at 6:59 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Conservative, you are in no position to say someone is or not a Christian. I'm pretty sure you would find that somewhere in the Bible if you could look past the parts that supposedly mention homosexuals. You are so desperate to put yourself up on a pedestal and speak to everyone else that doesn't agree with you as if they are a heretic. It is as you believe that you have some exclusive information on heavenly beings and the rest of us just don't get it.

And another thing, post something ONE time. We get the message and you are just screwing up this forum when you keep posting the same BS time after time. It doesn't make you seem intelligent, you come off as a mindless douche.

April 21, 2014 at 7:15 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "No, you are just desperate to justify homosexual behavior. We use the modern day Homosexual as well as other words and terms to convey sexual conduct between people of the same sex."

Sir, in ancient Greek, there were no words to convey the words homosexual and Sodomy. Those are ill translations of far less substantial wording used in those passages.

You're so desperate to condemn homosexuality, that you ignore the research on the subject and the Bible.

"You would have to be dumb as a box of rocks to not know that."

Well Sir, you are as dumb as a box of rocks and I think you know that.

You are putting all your faith in translations into English that have absolutely no foundation.

You believe whatever you so desire. I'll do likewise.

April 21, 2014 at 7:15 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher:

"Sir, in ancient Greek, there were no words to convey the words homosexual and Sodomy. Those are ill translations of far less substantial wording used in those passages.

"You're so desperate to condemn homosexuality, that you ignore the research on the subject and the Bible."

Says you.

You have no research. You have no authority to refute hundreds of Christians scholars and Bible translators.

You just have Homosexuality and you will stand before Jesus in judgment unless you repent.

April 21, 2014 at 7:31 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie, there are 76 specific sins listed in the Book of Leviticus. How many have you committed?

Burning any yeast or honey in offerings to God

Failing to include salt in offerings to God

Eating fat

Eating blood

Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve witnessed

Failing to testify against any wrongdoing you’ve been told about

Touching an unclean animal

Having sex with your mother

Having sex with your father’s wife

Having sex with your sister

Having sex with your granddaughter

Having sex with your half-sister

Having sex with your biological aunt

Having sex with your uncle’s wife

Having sex with your daughter-in-law

Having sex with your sister-in-law

Having sex with a woman and also having sex with her daughter or granddaughter

Marrying your wife’s sister while your wife still lives

Having sex with a woman during her period

Having sex with your neighbour’s wife

Giving your children to be sacrificed to Molek

Having sex with a man “as one does with a woman”

Having sex with an animal

Making idols or “metal gods”

Reaping to the very edges of a field

Picking up grapes that have fallen in your vineyard

Stealing

Lying

Swearing falsely on God’s name

Defrauding your neighbor

Holding back the wages of an employee overnight

Cursing the deaf or abusing the blind

Perverting justice, showing partiality to either the poor or the rich

Spreading slander

Doing anything to endanger a neighbor’s life

Seeking revenge or bearing a grudge

Mixing fabrics in clothing

Cross-breeding animals

Planting different seeds in the same field

Sleeping with another man’s slave

Eating fruit from a tree within four years of planting it

Practicing divination or seeking omens

Trimming your beard

Cutting your hair at the sides

Getting tattoos

Making your daughter prostitute herself

Turning to mediums or spiritualists

Not standing in the presence of the elderly

Mistreating foreigners

Using dishonest weights and scales

Cursing your father or mother

Marrying a prostitute, divorcee or widow if you are a priest

Entering a place where there’s a dead body as a priest

Slaughtering a cow/sheep and its young on the same day

Working on the Sabbath

Blasphemy

Inflicting an injury; killing someone else’s animal; killing a person must be punished in kind

Selling land permanently

Selling an Israelite as a slave

April 21, 2014 at 7:34 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

There is plenty of research that backs what Alprova said. I have brought it up to you in the past, you're just too proud to look at it.

April 21, 2014 at 7:35 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher:

"You believe whatever you so desire. I'll do likewise."

You are so confused with Mormonism, and Joseph Smith, and Sabbath cults and reincarnation and Homosexuality that you will likely believe in the next newest cult.

April 21, 2014 at 7:37 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "The Sabbath is not repeated in the New Testament, the others are because they do pertain to morality."

Hebrews 4:4-13. Read it and weep. It specifically refers to the seventh day of the week.

April 21, 2014 at 7:44 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher:

Well, you surely have committed many on your list. What are you going to do about it?

April 21, 2014 at 7:45 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "You have no research. You have no authority to refute hundreds of Christians scholars and Bible translators."

Sir, you're convinced of your own bullsh!t.

"You just have Homosexuality and you will stand before Jesus in judgment unless you repent."

Now you see what you have done? You just called me a faggot.

What do you base this accusation upon?

I am not homosexual, but if I had to make a choice between being a "Christian" like yourself, and homosexuality, I'd damn sure chose to be gay every single day and twice on Sundays.

April 21, 2014 at 7:53 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher:

"Hebrews 4:4-13. Read it and weep. It specifically refers to the seventh day of the week"

Your ignorance is astonishing. NOWHERE as you noted is the Sabbath commanded for Christians in the book of Hebrews.

The whole book of Hebrews was written primarily to Jews explaining how Christ fulfilled all of those laws and types and pictures contained in the Mosaic law.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

April 21, 2014 at 7:55 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "You are so confused with Mormonism, and Joseph Smith, and Sabbath cults and reincarnation and Homosexuality that you will likely believe in the next newest cult."

And you Sir are full of lies and accusations.

That's okay. It won't be me answering for them.

April 21, 2014 at 7:56 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher:

I am not homosexual, but if I had to make a choice between being a "Christian" like yourself, and homosexuality, I'd damn sure chose to be gay every single day and twice on Sundays

This, you have been abundantly clear about

April 21, 2014 at 7:59 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Your ignorance is astonishing. NOWHERE as you noted is the Sabbath commanded for Christians in the book of Hebrews."

Sir, the concept of Christianity isn't even mentioned in the Bible.

Your concept of Christianity is not found ANYWHERE in the Bible.

The word Christian only appears three times in the New Testament, which you claim is the Christian guidebook.

You ignored this the last time I typed it. Let's see if you address it today.

"The whole book of Hebrews was written primarily to Jews explaining how Christ fulfilled all of those laws and types and pictures contained in the Mosaic law."

Do you even realize how you go back and forth excusing Gentiles from that which corners you?

You're a blooming idiot.

"You have no idea what you are talking about"

Well, first of all, I'm not talking. I'm typing, and I've typed enough to send you pouting into the corner for another couple of weeks until you're stupid enough to type some more of your insanity and expose your childlike understanding of the Bible.

April 21, 2014 at 8:02 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

I rest my case.

April 21, 2014 at 8:06 p.m.
conservative said...

Mr. Anthony Provancher:

Sir, the concept of Christianity isn't even mentioned in the Bible.

Your concept of Christianity is not found ANYWHERE in the Bible.

The word Christian only appears three times in the New Testament, which you claim is the Christian guidebook.

You ignored this the last time I typed it. Let's see if you address it today.

========================

Astonishing! Astonishing! your ignorance is astonishing.

There are many words synonymous with Christians and they are used MANY times.

Christians are often referred to as believers, brothers, children of God, people of faith, saints, the redeemed, those who are sanctified, those who are reconciled, sheep and the elect to name some.

Your ignorance and arrogance is overwhelming.

April 21, 2014 at 8:15 p.m.
conservative said...

The Mormons, Shirley McLain, New Age, Adventists, Satan and who knows else would be so proud of you.

April 21, 2014 at 8:21 p.m.
conservative said...

Is there any God hating cult that you don't agree with?

April 21, 2014 at 8:22 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

You forgot to throw in Catholics into your 8:21 p.m. post, ConMan.

April 21, 2014 at 8:34 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

As I recall, Connie gets lockjaw on the Catholic issue.

April 21, 2014 at 9:13 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie wrote: "Astonishing! Astonishing! your ignorance is astonishing."

Ignorance? I've been hearing for years about Christianity, and discovered that the word only appears three times in the New Testament and not once in the Old Testament.

What do Christians hold out as an example of Christianity if it is barely mentioned in the Bible?

That's not ignorance. That is a fact. Christianity is not supported in the Bible.

"There are many words synonymous with Christians and they are used MANY times."

Synonyms? That's the best you can do?

"Christians are often referred to as believers, brothers, children of God, people of faith, saints, the redeemed, those who are sanctified, those who are reconciled, sheep and the elect to name some."

If Christianity was the chosen platform of religious dogma, you'd think it would deserve more recognition than a few synonyms, eh?

"Your ignorance and arrogance is overwhelming."

Sir, you can call me arrogant all day long, but I am hardly ignorant.

Synonyms. That's hilarious!!

April 21, 2014 at 9:16 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^^ No, Alpo, for once he's right.

April 21, 2014 at 9:30 p.m.

PT, good cartoon on there. The race card, the homophobe card, the hater of illegal alien card. It's getting old.

You see libs, the "gay movement" is not a sympathetic character. Their in-your-face approach has backfired all over the place. Nobody cares what they do, everyone is too busy trying to survive. They should keep their lifestyle to themselves, and stop the crusade to demonize everyone who doesn't believe it's normal behavior. Be glad you live in the USA and not somewhere like Iran. And for crying out loud STOP comparing yourselves to the suffering blacks Americans have endured in this country. It only makes you look like self- absorbed a-holes.

April 21, 2014 at 11:11 p.m.
PlainTruth said...

^^ much truth

April 21, 2014 at 11:34 p.m.
caddy said...

In Ohio a student referred to Lesbianism as "deviant" in a campus newspaper. He was charged with "sexual harassment", and the college intended to expel him. What would have happened had the situation been reversed ? That is, what if a lesbian student had called this same student "homophobic," and he had charged her with sexual harassment ? Does anyone who is familiar with what is happening on many campuses today believe this college or any other institution would have threatened the lesbian with expulsion ? No, because multi-culturalists commonly practice reverse bigotry.

April 23, 2014 at 1:50 p.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.