Events and seminars
• Women Entrepreneurs Symposium, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St. U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleishmann, R-Tenn., is the honorary chairperson and the event will feature female entrepreneurs and mentors. Sloane Scott of FLO Thinkery as keynote speaker. For additional information, call 423.424.4220 or email email@example.com. Register online at www.WomenEntrepreneursCha.Eventbrite.com.
• North Chattanooga Council meeting, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at The INCubator: 100 Cherokee Blvd. Meetings cost $10.
• AM networking at Dr Tom Popp Orthondontics, from 8 a.m. Wednesday at 1616 Gunbarrel Rd., Ste. 101. Held the first Wednesday of every month, AM Networking brings an average of more than 60 area business people together for an hour of networking and refreshments. For more information, please contact 423.763.4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• An Hour With My Attorney from 11:00 a.m. to noon Wednesday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. Legal topics to be covered include leases, contracts, powers of attorney, corporate meetings and more. Register for this free event by visiting www.tsbdc.org/chscc.
• Downtown Council meeting from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Thursday at The Sheraton Read House Hotel, 827 Broad St. Meetings cost $15. Networking and breakfast
• Small business orientation from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The counselor discusses basic business planning including financial projections and legal entity. Register online at www.tsbdc.org/chscc.
• Southside Council meeting from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at green|spaces Chattanooga, 63 E Main St. Meetings cost $10.
• Financing your Business the SBA Way from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at the Tennessee Small Business Development Center, 100 Cherokee Blvd. The workshop covers SBA loan options, including which loan programs meet specific entrepreneurial needs. Visit www.tsbdc.org/chscc.
• What is a business plan and why do I need one? from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at BrightBridge Women's Business Center: 535 Chestnut Street, Suite 161. Call 423.424.4220 to register.
Get breaking news from the Times Free Press on Twitter at www.twitter.com/timesfreepress