published Tuesday, August 19th, 2014

The Hand

about Clay Bennett...

The son of a career army officer, Bennett led a nomadic life, attending ten different schools before graduating in 1980 from the University of North Alabama with degrees in Art and History. After brief stints as a staff artist at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the Fayetteville (NC) Times, he went on to serve as the editorial cartoonist for the St. Petersburg Times (1981-1994) and The Christian Science Monitor (1997-2007), before joining the staff of the ...

148
Comments do not represent the opinions of the Chattanooga Times Free Press, nor does it review every comment. Profanities, slurs and libelous remarks are prohibited. For more information you can view our Terms & Conditions and/or Ethics policy.
TheJackDennis said...

Ah, yes. Race. The Left's raison d'être.

August 19, 2014 at 12:06 a.m.

Just saw some protesters throw rocks at Chris Hayes on msnbc. Damn, they missed. Stupid lib pajama boy in the wrong neighborhood at night LOL

August 19, 2014 at 12:10 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, there is no bounds to the stupid statements you will make in the course of a 24 hour period, is there?

After all the bigotry and fear of black people you dump into this forum on a daily basis, the one person who would be "in the wrong neighborhood" if you were in Ferguson, Missouri is you.

To read that you wish someone bodily harm is a new low, even for you. You do this, safe and sound at your computer desk and arm chair, like the perfect coward you truly are.

August 19, 2014 at 12:29 a.m.

LOL you take yourself way to seriously, alprova. The only racists on this site are your you libs. I'll call all of you the "uncle tom" club.

What are you stupid? Ever heard of sarcasm? This coming from someone who sits behind his computer and accuses people of all kind of awful things. Hypocrite.

Humorless toad.

August 19, 2014 at 12:49 a.m.
Anklejive said...

Sadly, most don't even get a seat at the table.

August 19, 2014 at 12:50 a.m.

Yeah, Anklejive, and BO has just reserved the remaining seats to "dreamers"/illegal alien invaders.

August 19, 2014 at 12:56 a.m.
fairmon said...

The treatment of anyone wearing their hat funny with tattoos and piercings and their pants low enough to show their crack is rather consistent regardless of race. The number of whites with that new wave appearance is more than any ethnicity. I have refused to hire any applicant with such appearance and will continue doing so for good reason. The number of potentially good employees by passed is minimal.

Could the low number of cards held be because too many had been played by those not in the game trying to win bad hands before? A truly smart player Knows when to hold and when to fold.

The incident in Ferguson should cause all Americans concern and to demand the facts be revealed. The few involved in the destruction of property and looting are not being additive to the pursuit of facts and justice for those deserving it. A vast majority of those in Ferguson including black citizens do not condone such behavior.

August 19, 2014 at 2 a.m.
fairmon said...

Should the police ignore the destruction and looting of businesses? What should they do? What would you do if you were responsible for deciding how to protect owners and all citizens of the community?

A federal investigation is appropriate and a good thing to have happening but that is not a one day job. The difficulty will be finding credible witnesses and the behavior of a small group of people using the situation to loot and steal is not helping. Opportunist like the right reverend Sharpton and Jackson inciting emotions are not helping in the investigation and seeking of facts. An investigation that reveals facts not consistent with their rhetoric will most likely result in more negative rhetoric and accusations.

August 19, 2014 at 4:09 a.m.
fairmon said...

Events like those in Ferguson, MO. have a negative impact on the economy. It has received international attention and paints America in a bad light. People are being misled about the general state of the economy because stock prices are up and are likely to go up more. However as CNBC reported this morning....London has been named the world's most influential city as it attracts more than double the amount of foreign direct investment deals than New York, a new study by Forbes shows. Dividend payouts in Europe increased by 18% and only 12% in North America.

August 19, 2014 at 4:37 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

aw jackie, All the reds around town on facebook are quoting Trotsky and mama Sara, crying in their beer trying to deflect the criticism of their racist attitudes as if somehow it will wipe away an accurate accusation. Here is how the old trick of using the faulty logic of your thin argument goes:

If A said something for a political reason, and if B says the same something about something unrelated later Then B must be using it for the same political reason as A.

I know it is hard for you Reds to understand logic but the only person you are convincing with your illogic is you.

Because the real logic is this: If A makes repeated disparaging comments concerning a person's race then A is a racist (or A is making racist statements).

Most of the criticism of the group African Americans rioting in Ferguson is a front for you to express your racist thoughts about most African Americans except the extremely small number that cow-tow to your rhetoric.

Here is another example. Thin minded Z sez, "The only racists on this site are your you libs. I'll call all of you the "uncle tom" club., and follows it with" Humorless toad" then "BO has just reserved the remaining seats to "dreamers"/illegal alien invaders."

Z's racism, not to mention tjmax's is not veiled in those comments. If it quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck. (1) There is no humor in racism, (2) Z now extends his xenophobia to "dreamers/illegal aliens."

You both are sad cases being ruled by fear and begging for an epiphany of grace. Your repeated mouthing of worn out platitudes of Southern good old boys who can't get over losing the war between the states will never assuage your fear, only earnest prayer will do that.

Faimon, similar to LA, Ferguson has quite a written record of problems with racial issues in the police department. LA is trying to do something about it. As you say, the racism in Ferguson is having "a negative impact on the economy." So let's heal the problem. We don't need the police marching around in out streets like a paramilitary army, we look like we are fighting ISIL there.

peace be with you.

August 19, 2014 at 7:06 a.m.
conservative said...

Wow!

Maybe someONE will read that.

August 19, 2014 at 7:09 a.m.
AgentX said...

Wow Clay, are you a racist or what? You keep on with these exagerated cartoons as though you are hiding something. What's sad on my part, is that I know individuals that use that card almost every chance they get. It becomes so predictable. But I also know others that wouldn't dare say a word, because they work hard for what they have and have too much self respect to go down that path. To be honest, I believe race is such an issue because there are so many in the black community that continue to use it as their crutch, refusing to let society move on. Will it ever disappear 100%? Hopefully, but doubtful. And that will be attributable to members of every ethnic background.

August 19, 2014 at 7:45 a.m.
inquiringmind said...

read it again X

August 19, 2014 at 8:17 a.m.
alprova said...

Some of you people are so transparent. You seem to be the only ones who doesn't see you for what you are.

You all type as if racial divides have all but disappeared in this country, and the rest of the world laughs at us. They understand that there are several classes of people and how they are all treated.

By all measures, if Barack Obama were white and a Republican, he would be hailed as one of the best Presidents in history. But sadly, he is not white, and he's certainly not a Republican, so he is vilified as being the worst.

The good news is that most of the American people understand that he has been a very decent President, that he has a loyal staff around him, and that he has been loyal to all that staff. Together, they have righted many of the wrongs this nation was suffering from six years ago.

Racism is not what this country suffers from. Bigotry still has a stronghold on many people and it will improve with the passing of each generation of people.

Some of you put on your nice face when dealing with strangers and the public, but you fool no one. I deal with closeted bigots all day long and every one of them are Republican cheerleaders.

The N-word is used to describe everyone who is black, from the President to those who have been protesting in Ferguson this week, despite the fact that a great deal of those protesters are as white as I am.

People who complain about the race card being played are bigoted, for they pretend all has been healed between white men and blacks and that there is absolutely no misunderstandings or stereotypes out there that prevents everyone being considered to be an individual FIRST, and their race second.

If people were honest, they would admit the fact that everyone has stereotypes built up in their heads and it most definitely influences the way they view people who are different from themselves.

Unfortunately, those who are not honest, pretend they have absolutely no preconceptions about others of differing races and that gets them through each day just fine.

The thing is, your choice of words exposes what lies beneath, every time.

August 19, 2014 at 8:23 a.m.
Maximus said...

An Obama community organizer wet dream would be for there to be full scale race riots in every city in America. Of course the leftist media would love that story too. Divide and conquer should be the Democrat Party slogan.

I do know this, Clay Bennett has never had a black person set foot in his house unless it was to clean his bathroom or mow his yard. Most white liberals are very lazy when it comes to manual labor. I've got a Democrat brother-in-law, college professor that does not even know how to use a shovel or even start a lawn mower.

August 19, 2014 at 8:36 a.m.
Maximus said...

I don't know Alprova there are a LOT of Democrat Prius driving bigots shopping at Whole Foods this morning.

August 19, 2014 at 8:52 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

IQ, you spend way too much time saying nothing.

August 19, 2014 at 8:54 a.m.
MasterBlaster said...

Note to Idiota Maximus -

The word is "Democratic", as in the Democratic Party. Get with the program, stooge...

August 19, 2014 at 8:55 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^incorrect

August 19, 2014 at 9:13 a.m.
Ki said...

fairmon 4:37 am post : "Events like ....Ferguson Mo. paints America in a bad light."

More like exposes America's hypocrisy. Especially on racial matters. Like most anywhere in the nation, despite Missouri's state attorney general's report that white Missourians break the law more often than blacks, black drivers are stopped more often for alleged crimes than whites. And according to the NY times by way of those stops black people do more to fund the local government due to those stops via subsequent fines than more affluent whites.

Not to mention, like most anywhere in America here included, when a black is stopped by police the often opportunity to badger, humiliate and bully that takes place. Example: A young man from nearby Ferguson and now studying at Harvard described an incident of sexual humiliation and psychological castration that happened to him and friends when they were teens livvg nearby ferguson and stopped by police, where they were taken into a nearby alley and forced to pull down their shorts and underwear for the pervert cops.

August 19, 2014 at 9:15 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ki, are you ok?

August 19, 2014 at 9:18 a.m.
alprova said...

Maximyth wrote: "I do know this, Clay Bennett has never had a black person set foot in his house unless it was to clean his bathroom or mow his yard."

There is no possible way on Earth you could begin to know the truth to your statement.

"Most white liberals are very lazy when it comes to manual labor."

And of course, you believe we are all rich enough to be able to afford others to do our work, I suppose.

"I've got a Democrat brother-in-law, college professor that does not even know how to use a shovel or even start a lawn mower."

And because you have established a record of being truthful in this forum, do you believe anyone believes for a second that you have a brother-in-law, that he is a college professor, that he is a Democrat, and that he doesn't know how to use common tools?

Here ya' go Maximyth...just a reminder how truthful you have always been in here;

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/jun/20/evidence-room-cartoon-clay-bennett-times/#c234519

August 19, 2014 at 9:19 a.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said....By all measures, if Barack Obama were white and a Republican, he would be hailed as one of the best Presidents in history. But sadly, he is not white, and he's certainly not a Republican, so he is vilified as being the worst.

Your opinion stated as though it is a fact sounds like you just played the race card. His race has nothing to do with my opinion of his POTUS performance nor did GWB's race have anything to do with my similar opinion of him. I am well aware that some people base their uninformed judgment on his race and others his talk. History as facts are revealed will not likely be kind to him. His response to the Ferguson situation has thus far been good.

August 19, 2014 at 9:22 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^ fraud, liar, coward. Alpo that is.

August 19, 2014 at 9:22 a.m.
fairmon said...

fairmon 4:37 am post : "Events like ....Ferguson Mo. paints America in a bad light."

Ki said...More like exposes America's hypocrisy

You conveniently ignored the fact I was referring to the videos of the looting and destruction by those few hoodlums that are adding nothing of value to the protest, gathering of facts and likely not additive to the community or society in general.

If you are attempting to justify the destruction and stealing of innocent peoples property then you are as screwed up as the alleged bad cop.

August 19, 2014 at 9:31 a.m.
Ki said...

Doing just fine, jackzun. ;) been keeping abreast of the truth of what's really taking place in Ferguson from the boots on the ground and reporters who have been detained, handcuffed, arrested and threatened by Ferguson police. Anything reported from the angle of the police should be suspect, is all I'm saying for now. They're doing more to fan flames and light more fires than quell tensions and bring a peaceful solution. Maybe they just want an excuse to use some of that heavy duty artillery surplus they got free from the Pentagon. They've already been using flash grenades and gas canisters throwing them into crowds even when children are present, something amnesty international has spoken out against. When the protesters happen to pick one up and throw it back a police, the Ferguson police call it a Molotov cocktail . See what a little word tweaking here and there has the power to change perception?

And although the Missouri governo seemed shocked and dismayed by the military grade equipment in the hands of police, I and many others, especially writers and columnists such as Bradley Balko and his book, Rise Of The Warrior Cop, have been sounding the alarm bells for years, that America's police have become dangerously militarized. Given the roguish history of police in America, that's a very very bad and dangerous thing to have allowed to take place.

August 19, 2014 at 9:36 a.m.

No, Master, it's the Democrat Party. You guys hate when we call it that.

August 19, 2014 at 9:42 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

well, Ki, you should understand word tweaking. BTW, do you think The Most Reverends Jackson and Sharpton are helpful here? How about the polling place police, aka New Black Panthers? Hmm?

August 19, 2014 at 9:45 a.m.
Ki said...

Yes, I think Jackson and Sharpton have a place in all this. Given their knowledge and personal experience during and prior to the civil rights era and the similarities to that period and what's taking place in Ferguson. The black panthers? Haven't heard anything from my boots on the ground that they're in anyway significantly involved. But there are reminders of kkk in police uniform presence, not so unlike they were fifty sixty or so years ago.

Radley Balko is correct spelling in a previous post,/ not Bradley.

Well jackzun , gotta run, get back to my peeps aka "boots on the ground"... I'll give you updates if you wish. ;)

August 19, 2014 at 9:56 a.m.
alprova said...

Farirmon wrote: "Your opinion stated as though it is a fact sounds like you just played the race card."

See? You people don't even understand what it means to play the card. You believe anyone who brings race into a conversation is guilty of playing a race card.

"His race has nothing to do with my opinion of his POTUS performance nor did GWB's race have anything to do with my similar opinion of him."

Oh brother...you cannot be serious in offering that statement.

"I am well aware that some people base their uninformed judgment on his race and others his talk. History as facts are revealed will not likely be kind to him. His response to the Ferguson situation has thus far been good."

Carol Costello of CNN didn't think so this morning. She called the man a divider on the air. $&(* her.

August 19, 2014 at 9:56 a.m.
alprova said...

The little whiner wrote: "fraud, liar, coward. Alpo that is."

Mighty strong words coming from a bankrupt man who is still confused about his identity.

August 19, 2014 at 9:58 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^ fraud, liar, coward.

August 19, 2014 at 9:59 a.m.
Ki said...

fairmon , regarding the videos of so-called looting, that's highly exxagerated to the benefit of the Ferguson police who are likely in control of what's released to the media to a certain degreel. Reporters who have attempted to report a more rounded and fair view have been met with threats, detained, arrested and have even had guns pointed at them by police as they've reported back to headquarters. And these are reporters from some major well known and even international news organizations.

Well, really gotta run.

August 19, 2014 at 10:09 a.m.
TheJackDennis said...

So Ki says the left leaning Press is now in league with the po-po? Come on, Keebie.

August 19, 2014 at 10:16 a.m.

No, Alprova, you libs pull the race card whenever a conservative or Republican engages in a conversation on race, or bring it up it any way. Once again projection by a lib, you libs own the race card.

You libs think only you are entitled to discuss race because you have some mysterious connection with the ghetto even though your pasty white ass has none.

You libs'thought process is diseased. Black Americans are "uncle toms", if they don't belong to the Democrat Party, women have betrayed their gender if they don't vote for Dems and are pro-life, black men who marry white women "loathe" their race, Blacks who don't support affirmative action are turncoats, illegal alien invaders are automatically the property of the Democrat Party, antisemitism doesn't really exist and has no party in the middle east problems, and criminals deserve more compassion then the unborn.

August 19, 2014 at 10:19 a.m.
Ki said...

jackzun, its not a matter of left or right, but who's trying to control the picture. Are you saying, implying or finally admitting that Ferguson police might all really be right-wingnut, conservative bigots, after all?

Priceless!!! You're coming around, old boy. ;) (sarcasm)

Gotta really really go. ;)

August 19, 2014 at 10:22 a.m.
alprova said...

The little whiner wrote: "fraud, liar, coward."

Might strong words from a Chatty Cathy doll.

August 19, 2014 at 10:30 a.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "No, Alprova, you libs pull the race card whenever a conservative or Republican engages in a conversation on race, or bring it up it any way. Once again projection by a lib, you libs own the race card."

Of course we own it. You Republicans cannot attract people of other races to support your agendas. Maybe in a hundred years or so, you'll figure out why that is.

"You libs think only you are entitled to discuss race because you have some mysterious connection with the ghetto even though your pasty white ass has none."

Yep...there's one of those infomous statements right there. Transparent, to say the least.

"You libs'thought process is diseased. Black Americans are "uncle toms", if they don't belong to the Democrat Party, women have betrayed their gender if they don't vote for Dems and are pro-life, black men who marry white women "loathe" their race, Blacks who don't support affirmative action are turncoats, illegal alien invaders are automatically the property of the Democrat Party, antisemitism doesn't really exist and has no party in the middle east problems, and criminals deserve more compassion then the unborn."

You type this every day of the week and it is no more true than the first time you typed it.

August 19, 2014 at 10:35 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"No, Master, it's the Democrat Party. You guys hate when we call it that."

No, English teachers hate it when you call it that. You are using a noun as an adjective. It's piss poor grammar, but I'm sure you slept away 9th grade English class.

August 19, 2014 at 11:26 a.m.
conservative said...

If one is a Republican, it is Democrat Party.

If one is a Conservative, it is Demoncrat Party!

August 19, 2014 at 11:36 a.m.
alprova said...

Democratic Party. Yep...That'll do.

THink about things for just a minute or two.

One does not say the Republic Party, do they?

Republican Party - Democratic Party. That'll do pig.

August 19, 2014 at 11:37 a.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Are you waiting for someone to laugh at your stupidity, ConMan?

August 19, 2014 at 11:40 a.m.

Blacks shooting blacks is the real issue. I don't see that big mouth race hustler Sharpton mobilizing when a little girl is shot on her front porch in a drive by shooting.

August 19, 2014 at 12:01 p.m.
conservative said...

Was not trying to be funny, just serious and truthful.

August 19, 2014 at 12:03 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Blacks shooting blacks is the real issue. I don't see that big mouth race hustler Sharpton mobilizing when a little girl is shot on her front porch in a drive by shooting."

There's more of that bigoted whining because blacks will not tout the white man's values.

August 19, 2014 at 12:04 p.m.
alprova said...

Connie, you failed being either of the three. It wa neither funny, serious, or truthful.

August 19, 2014 at 12:05 p.m.

Whites aren't picking off blacks, but blacks are picking off blacks at an alarming rate.

I do believe there's a growing police state and it's aimed at citizens in general, not criminals..it's happening more and more. I don't think that Brown needed to be shot 8 times though. I read that witnesses say he charged the police, but 8 times? If he charged the police, then he brought the problems on himself, yet in no way did he need to be shot 8 times. There has to be some kind of a balance.

August 19, 2014 at 12:09 p.m.

They could have shot him in order to disable him.

August 19, 2014 at 12:10 p.m.

It's also hypocritical of BO, Holder or the Gov. of MO to speak out against the militarization of the police when they're building it up. Where does the money come from for that?

Illegal alien invaders,aaaaah,who cares, but citizens practically get the military called out on them.

I don't think this is a black/white thing, but more about a growing police state.

Thanks GOD we have the police, but there has to be a balance.

August 19, 2014 at 12:21 p.m.
nurseforjustice said...

Alprova said, "By all measures, if Barack Obama were white and a Republican, he would be hailed as one of the best Presidents in history. But sadly, he is not white, and he's certainly not a Republican, so he is vilified as being the worst."

Come on Al. You are the one that is always challenging folks to show there proof when they make a statement like that. Yes you are entitled to your opinion but you make this statement like it is fact.

I, like Fairmon, do not base my opinion on the POTUS according to his race and you have no room to judge that against us. I judge based on what I see. And MY OPINION is that he stinketh at being a president. Fairmon is usually one of the most neutral posters on here. What makes you think otherwise about him?

August 19, 2014 at 1:08 p.m.
nurseforjustice said...

And since you think that BO would be "hailed as one of the best", it is my contention that had he been white he would have never been elected at all and possibly we would have had Hillary for the past 6 years.

August 19, 2014 at 1:12 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

what nurseforjustice said

August 19, 2014 at 1:19 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Whites aren't picking off blacks, but blacks are picking off blacks at an alarming rate."

What a WHITE thing to type.

"I do believe there's a growing police state and it's aimed at citizens in general, not criminals..it's happening more and more."

Reluctantly, I must agrere with you.

"I don't think that Brown needed to be shot 8 times though. I read that witnesses say he charged the police, but 8 times? If he charged the police, then he brought the problems on himself, yet in no way did he need to be shot 8 times. There has to be some kind of a balance."

I think the cop is going to get away with it.

August 19, 2014 at 1:39 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "They could have shot him in order to disable him."

I'm merely guessing, but that's probably what those four shots in the right arm was all about.

August 19, 2014 at 1:40 p.m.

"a white thing"! what bull$hit...in the face of all the black on black crime, and drive by shootings, you call it a "white thing" It's a black on black thing.

The numbers are staggering.

I agree with the other posts that BO would never have been elected if he were white, absolutely not. Hellcat would have been won.

August 19, 2014 at 1:44 p.m.
alprova said...

NFJ wrote: "Come on Al. You are the one that is always challenging folks to show there proof when they make a statement like that. Yes you are entitled to your opinion but you make this statement like it is fact."

It is a fact. Unemployment is down to 6.5%. Housing is booming again. Businesses are thriving. My personal measure is restaurants. When they have lines out the door, times are good.

Tried to hit any of the good ones on Saturday nite lately?

Times are definitely better than they were six years ago.

"I, like Fairmon, do not base my opinion on the POTUS according to his race and you have no room to judge that against us. I judge based on what I see. And MY OPINION is that he stinketh at being a president. Fairmon is usually one of the most neutral posters on here. What makes you think otherwise about him?"

He's no longer neutral.

Look...I understand some of what people hold egainst the President, but most of it is pure garbage and the man has done a fine job of amassing the people to right many of the wrongs that plagued this nation six years ago.

To think there are still people running around claiming the man is a Muslim, that he was born in Kenya, and other stupid accusations, indicates to me that there are many stupid people in this nation, not to mention bigoted to boot.

August 19, 2014 at 1:48 p.m.
alprova said...

NFJ wrote: "And since you think that BO would be "hailed as one of the best", it is my contention that had he been white he would have never been elected at all and possibly we would have had Hillary for the past 6 years."

You may be right, because a white Obama just wouldn't be the same, would it?

I'm sorry, but I spend too much time around die-hard Republicans on a daily basis, and the stuff that comes out of their mouths bothers me deeply.

August 19, 2014 at 1:51 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "a white thing"! what bull$hit...in the face of all the black on black crime, and drive by shootings, you call it a "white thing" It's a black on black thing."

It's most definitely a "white thing" for some of you to mention it all the damn time. The only thing worse is when a white person is killed by a black person. Then the sh!t hits the fan.

"The numbers are staggering."

But what are those numbers to you?

August 19, 2014 at 1:53 p.m.

Unemployment is down because of the amount of people who have given up, period. The amount of working age people out of the Work force is huge.

I believe he is a Muslim, or has a Muslim outlook.

August 19, 2014 at 1:53 p.m.
alprova said...

The little whiner wrote: "what nurseforjustice said"

Oh my goodness. What a deep thinker you are. How long did you have to work to create what you typed?

I'm in awe.

August 19, 2014 at 1:55 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^^^fraud, liar, coward

August 19, 2014 at 1:59 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "Unemployment is down because of the amount of people who have given up, period."

Now who's spreading bullsh!t? That is categorically untrue and it always has been. People who need a job do not give up looking for one.

"The amount of working age people out of the Work force is huge. "

And there are several reasons for that, the largest one being that baby boomers are starting to retire.

"I believe he is a Muslim, or has a Muslim outlook."

You write that, after the man gave clearance to kill how many radical Muslims this past week?

You contradict yourself. If he had an ounce of allegiance to Muslims, he could never kill any of them.

The man is as Christian as you are. Neither one of you attend Church regularly but you may both still have the faith.

A Muslim would not be a member and attend a Christian church for 20 years, the way President Obama did prior to leaving Chicago.

August 19, 2014 at 2:02 p.m.
alprova said...

The little whiner wrote: "fraud, liar, coward"

You're all three of those, wrapped up in an egg roll which no one would ever eat.

August 19, 2014 at 2:03 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

alpo says "My personal measure is restaurants. When they have lines out the door, times are good." alpo basis his economic research on the line at the Golden Corral. (where he has a permanently reserved booth)

August 19, 2014 at 2:04 p.m.

BO's response to the slaughter of Christians in Iraq tells me he's a pretend Christian. Dull, disinterested and weak. He also backed the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt.

August 19, 2014 at 2:19 p.m.
Ki said...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/18/1322779/-Photographer-Scott-Olsen-has-been-arrested?detail=emailJust in:

photographer, Scott Olsen who took iconic photos I Ferguson that will likely award him a Pulitzer has been arrested by Ferguson police

So much for those freedoms our men and women are sent around the world to fight and die for so others can share in the freedoms we 'Americans' enjoy at home (sarcasm) . That is until the truth is reflected in thee mirror.

August 19, 2014 at 2:44 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "BO's response to the slaughter of Christians in Iraq tells me he's a pretend Christian."

Well...the consensus is against you. He has been praised for his decisions regarding saving those trapped Christians in Iraq.

"Dull, disinterested and weak."

Will you please explain to me how one is to be shiny, interested, and excited about having to drop bombs?

Oh...I forgot that Republicans and their war trumpeting cheerleaders do get exited at such things. Tell me...does the thought of dropping booms work better than Viagra?

"He also backed the Muslim brotherhood in Egypt."

That lie has been disproven so many times in this forum that I'm surprised you have the nerve to type it.

How did he "back" a legally elected body by the people to rule that nation?

August 19, 2014 at 3 p.m.
alprova said...

Ki wrote: "Photographer, Scott Olsen who took iconic photos I Ferguson that will likely award him a Pulitzer has been arrested by Ferguson police."

What a surprise. He's black.

"So much for those freedoms our men and women are sent around the world to fight and die for so others can share in the freedoms we 'Americans' enjoy at home (sarcasm) . That is until the truth is reflected in thee mirror."

I stated the other day that the rest of the world laughs at any notion that the United States is not bigoted or racially divided.

August 19, 2014 at 3:03 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

z is now able to read the heart of a person and determine if they are Christian, hmmm....

August 19, 2014 at 3:14 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

^ fraud, liar, coward - Alpo

August 19, 2014 at 3:15 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

The "police" have arrested 11 reporters, apparently not charging any of them and ultimately releasing them. This is a classic way to keep someone out of the way temporarily, and to intimidate them. The police and authorities are trying to isolate the press from the protests by keeping them in a "press pen." It is an outrageous affront to the First Amendment.

With these kind of tactics the civil rights movement would have really struggled to get off the ground, and we would still be fighting in Viet Nam because protest on the home front would have been suppressed.

Hopefully President Obama will nationalize the national guard and get control of the situation. Otherwise, we may have to start talking about new Freedom Riders.

August 19, 2014 at 3:23 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

If you have any money in the stock market (as Fairmon and Maxipad often claim), how can you be upset with Obama at the moment? The Dow Jones is close to cracking 17,000 today; the Dow was at 7,949 the day the guy took office. Taxes are the same, unemployment is down (ignore Fister's BS claim that the number of Americans out of the workforce is "huge", that statistic is flawed), and the economic outlook is bright for the US.

August 19, 2014 at 3:24 p.m.
Ki said...

90 year old Holocaust survivor, Hedy Epstein, arrested at Michael Brown's protest rally.

"Never Again ANYWHERE!"

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/19/90-year-old-holocaust-survivor-arrested-during-ferguson-protests/

August 19, 2014 at 3:29 p.m.

Ki, I thought the holocaust never happened and there's no antisemitism?

That's right, Ki, "NEVER AGAIN ANYWHERE" including in Israel with rockets being fired by antisemitic HAMAS and by ISIS.

It seems that the Policeman who shot Brown received a serious facial injury, something with his eye socket. It seems that Brown tried to steal his gun. It also seems that he may have been high on pot.

August 19, 2014 at 3:40 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

IQ says "Hopefully President Obama will nationalize the national guard and get control of the situation. Otherwise, we may have to start talking about new Freedom Riders" let me get this straight...the NG can be effective here, but not on the border. Yes?

August 19, 2014 at 3:41 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man wrote: "It seems that the Policeman who shot Brown received a serious facial injury, something with his eye socket."

Source? Dr. Baden said there was no signs of any struggles.

"It seems that Brown tried to steal his gun."

Hearsay.

"It also seems that he may have been high on pot."

I'll bet if I stated that pot does not make people aggressive or violent, you'd probably argue with me.

Pot does not make a person violent or aggressive.

August 19, 2014 at 3:47 p.m.
Ki said...

zabbler, you don't even know what anti-semitism is. You've never heard me make any statement that the Holocaust never happened. In fact, its happened more often than admitted, and even at the hands of our own country. However, the holocaust is no excuse for Israel or any nation to perform another holocaust against another ethnic or racial group of people. You're ignorance of world history is pathetic and embarrasing.

By the way: Never Again Anywhere was actually wrtitten by a holocaust survivor in criticism of israel' s policies against the Palestinian people.

Make sure your brain is loaded before shooting off at the mouth ;)

August 19, 2014 at 3:55 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister it's time: I come from a family with 5 children. I am what is known as a Baby Boomer. I started working when I was 16 years old. My Father worked three jobs to keep us clothed, fed and a roof over our heads. My mother also worked cleaning houses on a part- time basis. My Father was Catholic but my Mother was not but my Father had all of us baptized and raised Catholic. Three of us all attended Catholic Schools. I come from a long line of educators. One of my aunts was the Dean of Women at a prestigious all girls college in Atlanta, Ga., Another aunt was a teacher at a school for the blind in Little Rock Arkansas, Another was a public school teacher in New York City, and yet another was a Social Worker for under privileged children in New York City.

I graduated from the University of Tennessee 40 years ago and later on got a post graduate degree. My children all have degrees. Two of my children have six degrees between them. The others each have just a four year degree. I have voted in Every election since I was allowed to vote at the age of 21 before the passage of the 26 th amendment to the US Constitution. My parents were together until my Father passed away so I had the privilege of being raised with a Mother and a Father.

In my time on this earth I have witnessed things you can't imagine. But today is the day when for me I have had enough of your bullsh!t pretending to care about Blacks. You are a RACIST in every sense of the word and the reason I know you are one is because I AM AN AFRICAN AMERICAN but you didn't know that because I never filled out anything on my profile and unlike that phony fake a$$ Maximus, I don't have to make this up.

I will say what I have said before and at this point I don't give a damn what you think about it. Sowell, Williams, and Thomas ARE uncle toms not because they are Black Republicans but because they are ashamed of the fact they were born BLACK. Everything they have ever written or said points to that fact. You can't find hardly anyone in the Black Community who has ever read their works who will say differently. This week when they write about what is happening in Ferguson, they will blame Michael Brown for his own death. They are the elitist that you seek to label Democrats as. I warned you I could write one sentence that would expose you for the dumba$$ that you are,unfortunately it took me more than one sentence but it was time!!!!

August 19, 2014 at 4:05 p.m.

Ki, then you don't want a holocaust is if you think Israel is engaging in one. Flat out stupid comment. LOL

Hamas' call for the death of all Jews, and Iran's as well, is antisemitism. The extremist Muslims are the new nazis, the current extremist Muslims.

Your twisting of history is shocking. Israel is defending itself. Not on Israeli official has called for he death of all Muslims. Israel's government is composed of arabs, Jews and Muslims. All people are welcome there. You're ignorant.

Sorry, Palestinians have chose HAMAS as their government, and they've chosen antisemitic savages have called for a new holocaust, dumb ass.

August 19, 2014 at 4:08 p.m.

inq, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...You, sir have faux compassion and you are the racist.

Your sophistry means nothing to me, water off of a ducks back..

You and ibshame are racists for referring to all of those fine black Americans as "uncle toms" just because you don't like that they reject your liberal, Democrat Party ideology.

I couldn't care less if you're an African American. African Americans can be just a racist and bigoted as a white American. Your insult directed at Clarence Thomas because he's married to a white woman is disgraceful. To imply that he "loathes" his race because of that is disgusting.

August 19, 2014 at 4:13 p.m.
conservative said...

inquiringmind said... z is now able to read the heart of a person and determine if they are Christian, hmmm....

==================================================

Although we can't read the heart of a person, Christians are to use discernment and make judgments when those who profess to be Christians and know God, live a sinful life, or teach, or profess false Biblical doctrine.

Christians are commanded to judge with righteous judgment and of course God's word is the standard.

"Do not judge according to appearances, but judge with righteous judgment" (John 7:24).

August 19, 2014 at 4:14 p.m.

inq, if you haven't read their works that just speaks to your ignorance.

All that education, and years of experience is fine and dandy, but if you cannot accept that a black American can have a different ideology than you do, then you're just an ignoramus. You're hate for them is palpable.

All those individuals I mentioned have chosen to reject liberal ideology and the Democrat Party. I suggest you learn to accept that.

August 19, 2014 at 4:20 p.m.
Ki said...

alprova, you're right. There is no evidence Brown struggled with Wilson or reached for his weapon. That's an old well worn cop tale used by cops across the nation when they've shot or killed someone under questionable and suspicious circumstances.

According to several eyewitnesses, Wilson grabbed Brown by the shirt, yanking Brown towards him and placing his hands around Browns neck, seemingly choking him. Al of this is said to have taken place with wilson still inside his police S.UV and Brown outside.

Experts say it would have been near impossible for Brown to reach for wilsons gun as he describes. If there was any struggling on Browns part it was likely an attempt to break away from being choked. A normal human reaction.

It may prove interesting if some savvy investigative reporter took a trip to Jennings mo . and investigate why Wilson either resigned, quit or was quietly let go after serving only two years on the Jennings police force. There may be a connection there that could explain why he reacted as he did in the Brown killing.

August 19, 2014 at 4:20 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

burbon-guy, no one says they need the National Guard at the border except the Guv Don't-his-glasses-make-him-look-smart Perry, AKA incipient felon (Texas politics is a murky affair). All the towns and mayors along the Texas border say please things are ok and better than ever - leave us alone.

Ferguson, however, clearly shows a lack of intelligent management of the situation by the constabulary and governor.

Hey zbird, All Israel wants to do is take the land and property of the Palestinians in flagrant violation of the Law. There is no way Israel will accept the only viable solution, the two-state solution. If they let Palestinians in their government they might get outvoted, the two-state plan is the only one that will work, like Jimmy Carter said.

Extremist Islam is not anti-semitic, both Jew and Palestinian are semites, it is religious bigotry/fanaticism, sort of like your racial bigotry and the religious bigotry of that poor woman who screamed invectives at passing students for most of a semester at UTC last year.

August 19, 2014 at 4:21 p.m.
Ki said...

zabbler, you've runner that "hamas calling for the death of Jews" mantra in the ground. Give it up! There's a difference between Israelis and Jews. But in your limited space, you wouldn't know that. Now, stay on topic or shut up! You're sounding like an irritating irrational loon pretending to know when you don't know what the he/ll you're talking about!

btw-zab, speaking on Brown possibly having pot inhus system, did you ever consider that Wilson could have been high, stoned or intoxicated? But he was allowed to leave the scene without question and without having his SU Voroessed for evidence? Which greatly contaminated evidence? Do you realize drugs, alcohol and other substance abuse in law enforcement are an epidemic? Was Wilson allowed to go home and sleep it off? no one will ever know now, will they?

August 19, 2014 at 4:27 p.m.
conservative said...

"Police: St. Louis officers kill suspect who wielded knife"

"ST. LOUIS (AP) — St. Louis police say officers shot and killed a 23-year-old man who was wielding a knife and refused to drop it."

====================================================

Which one of the usual will be the first to say the police used excessive force?

And:

They had him outnumbered, they didn't have to shoot him!

They should have negotiated with him.

He was mentally ill, the cops shot a mentally ill person!

Ms. Sohn will probably classify him as a mourner.

August 19, 2014 at 4:27 p.m.

More sophistry, stupid sophistry, inq. It's hatred for Jews, does that work better for you? Nazis and extremist Muslims have the same goal, which is the extermination Jews. There was on state of Israel during the Nazi reign. It doesn't matter, state or no state, Muslims are calling for the death of all Jews. Jews are not calling for the death of all Muslims. Muslims want everyone dead who doesn't believe as they do, everyone. To defend them or try and sugar coat them is self-destructive, or you simply hate Jews/antisemitic.

You must have majored in sophistry in College, inq.

August 19, 2014 at 4:27 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister I didn't write that to prove I'm not a racist, I wrote it to prove you don't have an effing clue about the Black Community. I dare you to find one sentence that I wrote stating Clarence Thomas is an uncle Tom because he married a white woman. My classification of Clarence Thomas as an uncle Tom has Jacksh!t to do with who he is married to. I wouldn't care if he was married to Queen Elizabeth. He is still an Uncle Tom. Because of his JUDICIAL Opinions, and other actions THROUGHOUT his career. None of which have to do with the person he married. You seem to be projecting when you write I dislike Thomas because of who he is married to. Go take a look in the mirror and you will see the person who evidently objects the most. One would think a dumba$$ like you would get tired of making yourself look the fool day in and day out but evidently you don't or you wouldn't keep sitting at your mama's computer doing it. LOL

August 19, 2014 at 4:30 p.m.

You're a racist, ibsame, for repeatedly calling all of those individuals "uncle tom" for not being libs and democrats. According to you a black American who doesn't believe in affirmative action isn't really black. Inq, wrote that Clarence Thomas "loathes" his race because he's married to a white woman. Funny, I've heard white liberals over the years say the same thing. Now, if Clarence Thomas where a liberal, and he was married to a white woman then that would be ok because he holds the correct ideology. Fools.

August 19, 2014 at 4:38 p.m.
Ki said...

Well, sports fans, gotta get back to my boots on the ground news in Ferguson. See ya. later!!

August 19, 2014 at 4:41 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...See? You people don't even understand what it means to play the card. You believe anyone who brings race into a conversation is guilty of playing a race card.

This "you people" knows exactly what the "race card" is. Your statement that the reason people did not like Obama was because he was black, in other words their opinion is racially motivated. You sound like Holder in his speech where he alleged all the criticism of him and the president was racially motivated. I dislike Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, McCain and several other members of congress, is that in some way due to their race?

August 19, 2014 at 4:41 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister you are the personification of ignorance. As I have stated before you must have me confused with someone who gives a blip about what a dumba$$ like you has to say or write. The day you wrote Obamacare was worse than the Vietnam War, I wrote you off just as I wrote them off as Uncle Toms.

August 19, 2014 at 4:47 p.m.
fairmon said...

alprova said...Pot does not make a person violent or aggressive.

Dang alprova there you go again. People react to pot the same as they do alcohol depending on how much consumed. Some get silly, others talk incessantly, some are lovers and others get meaner than hell and want to fight and some get very quiet and withdrawn. To make a statement that no one gets violent using pot indicates you haven't been around many people that have over indulged with a mood altering substance.

August 19, 2014 at 4:48 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

Fister is only capable of regurgitating things he hears on conservative talk radio. He heard Limbaugh or Weiner say that "Blacks don't like Justice Thomas because he is married to a white woman". He'll stick with that analysis of Thomas until he hears something different.

August 19, 2014 at 4:48 p.m.
GaussianInteger said...

"Dang alprova there you go again. People react to pot the same as they do alcohol depending on how much consumed. Some get silly, others talk incessantly, some are lovers and others get meaner than hell and want to fight and some get very quiet and withdrawn. To make a statement that no one gets violent using pot indicates you haven't been around many people that have over indulged with a mood altering substance."

That's BS, and you know it. There is no evidence to support that paragraph that you wasted your time typing. Show me the story where a man smoked a joint and went home and beat his wife to death (happens daily with alcohol).

Lying and hoping that it is true doesn't make it true. I expect more from you Fairmon. You pulled a Fister or ConMan move with this one.

August 19, 2014 at 4:57 p.m.

Gauss...LOLLOLOLOLOL..flaming fool. I knew Thomas was married to a white woman long before I listened to any talk show. You just regurgitate the same old things all the liberals say, and the ones on the TV. Of course, no liberals succeed in talk radio.

NO, ibshame, no mistake about it, you're the one who tossed a racial slur against black Americans because they chose to not to be Dems or libs.

fairmon, good point. It is like alcohol in that way. My sister who has been using pot for decades, like her husband, and gets silly and extremely mellow and lazy, her husband gets more hyper and confrontational.

August 19, 2014 at 4:58 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ibeshamed: Be careful. Alprova will try to be blacker than you. Lol

August 19, 2014 at 5:16 p.m.
Maximus said...

We'll did all of you Democratic turds know that the cigar robber bully that is now at room temperature, well folks his tox test results are back.....and yes....positive for that harmless, natural, herbal, Mary Jane....wacky tobaccy, better known as POT! Yes, he was just an All American thug! Lol!

August 19, 2014 at 5:24 p.m.
ibshame said...

If Michael Brown was smoking pot that day it's more likely he would not have been the aggressor. Pot smokers are usually less likely to become agitated unless the pot has been laced with something. When people talk about "mellowing" out it is usually with pot as opposed to alcohol. So, unless it can be proven Brown was smoking pot laced with something that would cause him to be aggressive it's unlikely he would have bum rushed a cop who was firing bullets at him.

To be honest, the ONLY person who would have had cause to fear bodily harm from Brown would have been the clerk in the store where he stole the cigars. Based on what was seen on the store cameras when Brown grabbed the store clerk and practically lifted him off the ground,if the clerk had shot Brown at that point NO ONE could have argued that it would not have been self defense. Where that cop went wrong was chasing Brown, then when Brown stopped and faced him with his hands in the air, the cop shot him multiple times.

August 19, 2014 at 5:28 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister just so you know I will continue to call them uncle toms and there's not a damn thing you write that will stop me. You are a dumba$$ and you prove it everyday you post here. I sometimes wonder if you are one of those homeschooled people. You know the kind not homeschooled by choice but because you were too stupid to be schooled any other way.

August 19, 2014 at 5:36 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Ibeshamed. I'm thankful we have , in you, an eye witness to the shooting.

August 19, 2014 at 5:45 p.m.
ibshame said...

Jack Dennis just so you know it doesn't matter how many times the ACTUAL eyewitnesses come forward and they all tell the same story of how Brown was facing that cop with his hands in the air, they will find a jury outside Ferguson(if the cop is ever indicted and brought to trial) with at least one or two a$$holes who will NOT vote to convict him and he will walk of that I have no doubt.

August 19, 2014 at 5:58 p.m.
Maximus said...

Ibshame...it is well documented in the annals of medicine that people have different reactions to pot, some very violent and unstable. Brown may very we'll have had a psychotic episode of schizophrenia or paranoia. And Alprova...if your lazy disabled ass is healthy enough to support Clay and your Democratic radical lefty liberals all day you could stop feeding at the guvment disability pig trough and get a job at Amazon customer service taking calls and typing on the computer. Get a job and pull your own 240lbs for a change. :)

August 19, 2014 at 6:07 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Shame, I'm just confused as to how you can decide which witnesses are credible.

August 19, 2014 at 6:07 p.m.

Yeah, ibshamed, and you will continue to affirm that you're a racist.

No, ibshame, I never had the privilege of being Homeschooled, I attended regular public schools.

August 19, 2014 at 6:14 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote:" "This "you people" knows exactly what the "race card" is. Your statement that the reason people did not like Obama was because he was black, in other words their opinion is racially motivated."

As is the hatred behind it.

"You sound like Holder in his speech where he alleged all the criticism of him and the president was racially motivated."

It usually is.

"I dislike Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, McCain and several other members of congress, is that in some way due to their race?"

Again, the stupid statement. Need I remind you that there is no racial difference likely between those three and yourself, so of course there would be no racial issues to consider.

You're not going to allege yourself to be someone of a different race, or some sh!t like that, are you?

August 19, 2014 at 6:50 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon wrote: "Dang alprova there you go again. People react to pot the same as they do alcohol depending on how much consumed."

You're another who has never tried it, have you?

"Some get silly, others talk incessantly, some are lovers and others get meaner than hell and want to fight and some get very quiet and withdrawn."

Sir, I've been around a great deal of pot smokers, and not one has ever...EVER...been aggressive in the least sense of the word.

"To make a statement that no one gets violent using pot indicates you haven't been around many people that have over indulged with a mood altering substance."

You're wrong, as usual. I do know, from what you have typewritten up there, that YOU have never, ever tried pot.

Such ignorance would not exist otherwise.

August 19, 2014 at 6:54 p.m.
alprova said...

Maximyth wrote: "Ibshame...it is well documented in the annals of medicine that people have different reactions to pot, some very violent and unstable."

Cite the study. You're lying and you know it.

"Brown may very we'll have had a psychotic episode of schizophrenia or paranoia."

That is physically impossible with pot. Pot is a downer. It also has euphoric properties. It does not cause psychosis at all.

"And Alprova...if your lazy disabled ass is healthy enough to support Clay and your Democratic radical lefty liberals all day you could stop feeding at the guvment disability pig trough and get a job at Amazon customer service taking calls and typing on the computer. Get a job and pull your own 240lbs for a change."

Thank you Sir for your concern, but my future is all set. I don't need to work, but I still have a profitable purpose in life.

August 19, 2014 at 7:02 p.m.
Maximus said...

How many blacks have been murdered, especially black children, in Barry The Welfare Pimp's home town of Chicago, since Brown was put down in Ferguson? Sooooo AG Eric Holder is going to St. Louis to restore calm and stand up for da black man? How about stopping in Chicago on your way back home counselor?

August 19, 2014 at 7:02 p.m.
fairmon said...

GaussianInteger said... That's BS, and you know it. There is no evidence to support that paragraph that you wasted your time typing. Show me the story where a man smoked a joint and went home and beat his wife to death (happens daily with alcohol).

It doesn't happen daily with alcohol. I am not talking about someone smoking a joint or having a drink or two having noticeable or significant mood changes.

Hardly anything in moderation yields bad results. I know what I typed is not BS because I have been in crowds where drinking and smoking in excess occurred. I have seen the bolder and less inhibited behavior resulting from smoking several joints. I did see some of both sexes getting confrontational and have heard about others getting very aggressive or assertive when excessively high on pot. I did enjoy being around and joining some high and less inhibited nude females in the hot tub. I did not smoke or drink and at one party was one of only two people in a group of over 50 that abstained. The others ran the full gambit of just relaxed to very high. The odor left no doubt what was going on and if the police had shown up they would have had no problem knowing.

I do think it should be legal, regulated and taxed. I haven't smoked it and don't plan to but I don't care if others do as long as they don't muck with me, if they do I can break them of that habit.

August 19, 2014 at 7:13 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon, the only way something like what you described, happened, is if they were imbibing something along with the pot.

Pot alone, no matter how high one gets, does not cause anyone to become aggressive. It just doesn't happen.

August 19, 2014 at 7:22 p.m.
fairmon said...

From WEB MD....probably a better source than either of us alprova.

Marijuana, which comes from the hemp plant Cannabis sativa, is the most frequently used illegal drug in the U.S. About 4% of American adults smoke pot at least once a year. Roughly 1% of adults abuse pot, and one in 300 have a pot addiction.

Most people smoke the plant's dried leaves, flowers, stems, and seeds. But marijuana also can be mixed into food or brewed as a tea. Marijuana goes by many street names, including pot, weed, and herb. Hash, a concentrated form of the drug, is short for hashish.

The rates of marijuana smoking in adults have remained stable since the 1990s. However, the rates of addiction to pot have risen significantly over that same period. And, according to recent government studies, as many as 30% of today's teenagers are smoking marijuana.

Occasional marijuana use is rarely seriously harmful, but smoking pot has important medical effects.

August 19, 2014 at 7:27 p.m.
fairmon said...

WEB MD (cont)

Physiological Effects of Marijuana

The active ingredient in marijuana is THC. That's short for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.

THC is rapidly absorbed after smoking pot. Within minutes, THC and the other substances in marijuana smoke cause short-term medical effects.

Signs of using marijuana include: •Rapid heart rate •Increased blood pressure •Increased rate of breathing •Red eyes •Dry mouth •Increased appetite, or "the munchies" •Slowed reaction time

These effects are reduced after three or four hours. However, marijuana hangs around in your system for as long as a month after smoking. The lingering effects mean you're impaired for several days to weeks after the high wears off.

Psychological Effects of Marijuana

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.

Other short-term psychological effects of pot include: •Distorted sense of time •Paranoia •Magical or "random" thinking •Short-term memory loss •Anxiety and depression

These psychological signs of using pot also generally ease after a few hours. But residual effects can last for days.

Risks of Marijuana Use

The risks of smoking marijuana go up with heavy use. Although the link has never been proven, many experts believe heavy pot smokers are at increased risk for lung cancer.

Heavy marijuana use lowers men's testosterone levels and sperm count and quality. Pot could decrease libido and fertility in some heavy-smoking men.

Contrary to what many pot smokers may tell you, marijuana is addictive, at least psychologically. Even among occasional users, one in 12 can feel withdrawal symptoms if they can't get high when they want to. Among heavy pot smokers, the rates of dependence are higher.

Many experts also believe that marijuana is physically addictive. Symptoms of withdrawal from pot might include: •Aggression •Anxiety •Depressed mood •Decreased appetite

Is pot a "gateway" drug? In other words, does smoking marijuana make someone more likely to try cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, and other "hard" drugs? The jury is still out on this one. It's true that pot smokers are more likely to use other drugs after trying marijuana. What's not clear is whether smoking pot causes further drug use or if people who start smoking pot are just more likely to try drugs in general.

If you're wondering how long marijuana stays in your system after smoking, it depends on how often you smoke. Light users -- those who smoke pot once in a while -- will have a negative drug screen after a marijuana-free week. Heavy users -- sometimes called "stoners" -- may continue testing positive for a month after last smoking pot.

August 19, 2014 at 7:28 p.m.
alprova said...

Fairmon, give it up.

You've never tried the stuff, and neither have most of those who have written regarding "studies" about pot.

If you want to know the truth about pot, I urge you to try some. You will not become hooked on it...EVER.

It will absolutely give you a temporary reprieve from whatever your troubles are. You will wake up refreshed and hungry and you will never suffer any ill effects of smoking pot.

Now this only extends to the real stuff...not any of this fake pot going around. I have no clue what is in that stuff or what it will do, but the real deal that grows out of the ground or in controlled growing chambers, is quite harmless.

August 19, 2014 at 7:36 p.m.
Ki said...

7:22 pm alprova said: pot alone does not cause someone to become aggressive.

So true, al. And from all witness reports it appears Wilson was the aggressor and hot head that escalated the situation. Witnesses reporting him cursing, get the f&%k out of the street. Reminds me of a few local hot-heads over the years that seemed hyped up on steroids and who knows what else.

And even the toxicology reports of Brown possibly having mary j. in his system could be mistaken, Did you know toxicology reports on Joan bona(sp) Ramsey originally indicated the same make-up for mj in her system? That certain foods, even broccoli and pineapples can give false positives for certain drugs as mj? The one who should have been tested for drugs is Darren Wilson, and it's not too late to test him for certain drugs that can linger in the system for days and weeks.

August 19, 2014 at 7:37 p.m.
Ki said...

fairmon, actually, alcohol is more of a gateway drug than anything. People who drink alcohol regularly are far more likely to use such drugs as cocaine, heroin, LSD etc.

August 19, 2014 at 7:54 p.m.
alprova said...

There is allegedly a photo of the cop with facial injuries starting to float around.

I honestly don't know what happened that day, and it's not looking like anyone else knows for sure either, but I have a sneaky suspicion that officer Wilson is going to skate free, and if he does, that which has gone on this week will look like playground antics.

Dr. Michael Baden is playing both sides of the fence, with one exception. He believes that the six shots were excessive force.

He does not believe the two men tussled or struggled at all, which contradicts the officer's unofficial story.

There is no good way for this one to play out. Thanks to the delays in getting reliable information out there, it all looks like a cover-up.

If the officer is arrested, booked, and tried, but acquitted, riots will ensue. If he is not arrested soon, riots will ensure.

Clearly, Michael Brown was not the angel alleged early on in this, but there's little evidence he was a violent thug either. He had no record. None. He had smoked some pot, which again would not make him aggressive.

If, and I do mean IF there was a confrontation between the officer and Brown, it most likely involved some sort of disrespect coming from the officer.

I am having a great deal of trouble believing that Michael Brown rushed the officer, after being shot four times in his right arm.

Then the fifth shot was most likely the one through his eye and downward through his throat. Again, not fatal, but he is alleged to be still rushing the officer?

The sixth and fatal shot through the top of his head, makes sense only if the boy was kneeling or almost laying down on the ground.

When has anyone rushed someone with their head down?

The forensic evidence points to an angry officer, who decided to empty or almost empty his gun for some reason.

August 19, 2014 at 7:56 p.m.
Ki said...

Plus, al, Wilson was allowed to leave the scene without any medical attention or processing of his vehicle. And according to the way it's said he called the report in to dispatch he didn't even report it as if he'd just been involved in a shooting or altercation that left injuries. Normally, any injuries to a cop and ems are sent ton the scene to attend to the cop.

August 19, 2014 at 8:03 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

fairmon: This statement is scientifically ridiculous: "The lingering effects mean you're impaired for several days to weeks after the high wears off."

Effects are dependent on concentration. THC can be detected to ppb levels (parts per billion). This is like saying any presence of a drug in your system impairs you. Not even true with alcohol.

August 19, 2014 at 8:13 p.m.
inquiringmind said...

furthermore, i know a lot of folks who smokes a lot and no longer do with no after effects. The line about "psychologically" addictive is also technically flawed.

All these things can be addressed in careful scientific study but the government will not let the studies go forward by refusing to supply the drug grow the farm in Mississippi where the Feds grow the stuff for house members, senators and the President.

August 19, 2014 at 8:17 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Alpo is a CPA (lol), monitors 30 polls, is a political insider, a biblical scholar, and now...wait for it...is an expert on weed. Too freakin funny. Sorry,I forgot forensic pathologist.

August 19, 2014 at 8:50 p.m.

fairmon, good post. But, as usual, facts, history, logic and common sense are lost on libs. Must be the pot they smoke.

August 19, 2014 at 8:58 p.m.
ibshame said...

Al and Ki it's obvious from day 1 of this whole miserable mess the police dept in Ferguson mishandled the whole incident. Evidently their specialty was in writing speeding tickets, stopping people of color on the streets, and buying military equipment so they had the big boy toys. They did not know how to investigate a crime scene, how not to handle the body of a shooting victim, how to control a peaceful protest w/o resorting to riot control, and last but certainly not least they did not know when the use of deadly force is appropriate for a situation between themselves and their citizens. I have no doubt as time goes on we will learn more about the totally inept police dept of Ferguson.

I feel for the people of Ferguson when all the media attention turns someplace slse. The name Michael Brown will be forgotten, the protests will be forgotten and for the Ferguson Police Dept it will be back to the business of writing tickets, stopping people of color whenever the mood strikes them and using deadly force to stop shoplifters. Some will believe justice has been served and for the rest it won't change anything it will be business as usual.

August 19, 2014 at 9:05 p.m.

Oh, yeah, ibshame it's important to let everyone know going forward how inept the police department is in Ferguson. In fact, why don't you libs start a movement to have it eliminated so looting and robbing can go on unimpeded.

Yeah, because Ferguson has a long history of police shooting blacks. I'm surprised nobody has noticed it before.

What about the people who have had their property and businesses destroyed or looted? I guess they don't count, huh.

August 19, 2014 at 9:13 p.m.

In the same time the looting and violence has taken place, I wonder how black on black shootings have taken place, say, in Chicago alone. I think 7 black men were killed in Chicago over the weekend. But, hey, Sharpton has to go where the money is, right?

August 19, 2014 at 9:15 p.m.

White, liberal guilt fueled by pot is the most dangerous mix of all.

August 19, 2014 at 9:20 p.m.
ibshame said...

Alcohol is a drug. It is a drug that can lead to addiction, sickness and even death, yet people drink 24/7/365. Nicotine is also a drug that can lead to addiction, sickness, and even death. People smoke cigarettes 24/7/365. If these two drugs have these proven consequences, yet they are legally consumed, why would marijuana be seen as any worse?

Currently, there are two states that have legalized marijuana, it's just a matter of time before it becomes legal in all 50. As much as it is grown in Tennessee it should already be legal and taxed for the revenue it could bring to the state.

August 19, 2014 at 9:22 p.m.
ibshame said...

Z fister you are not concerned now nor have you EVER been concerned about black on black crime in Chicago. The only reason a wimp a$$ like you keeps bringing up the crime in Chicago is because Barack Obama is from Chicago. If for one minute he sent Eric Holder to Chicago, you would be one of the first loudmouth racists to claim he was paying too much attention to Chicago. If you are so concerned about black on black crime in Chicago take your a$$ to Chicago and use that true VOLUNTEER spirit and go to the Southside where most of the shootings take place and let them know you are the NEW COMMUNITY ORGANIZER. LOL

BTW while you are there be sure and let them know your heros are Sowell, Williams. And Thomas. That ought to go over really well and make you oh so popular. LOL

August 19, 2014 at 9:32 p.m.

Yeah, that's what we need, more people detached and in in a fog.

The perfect scenario for the left and an intrusive government.

August 19, 2014 at 9:33 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Legalize the sh!t out of it, Shamed. I don't care. Just don't give me the baloney that it's harmless.

August 19, 2014 at 9:36 p.m.
alprova said...

Z-man, you really need to try some pot. You type a different tune every day.

You're going to pop a vein any day now.

Nobody as keyed up as you are will live a long life.

August 19, 2014 at 9:41 p.m.
alprova said...

Jackie, the little whiner wrote: "Legalize the sh!t out of it, Shamed. I don't care. Just don't give me the baloney that it's harmless."

Another dumbass who hasn't ever tried it. Y'all are a funny bunch. You can Google crap all day long, but this is one issue where one really needs to experience it firsthand to have a clue what it is all about.

Pot is harmless, oh stupid one.

I have never heard or read of a man killing another while high on pot. I have never heard or read of a person who was high, involving themselves in a fatal accident on any highway. People do not die in hospitals from any effects of pot use. People do not overdose on pot.

By the measures above, pot is indeed harmless.

If you were an adult, capable of understanding adult issues, then you would not be guilty of posting a purely ignorant statement.

August 19, 2014 at 9:47 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Fraud, liar, coward

August 19, 2014 at 9:47 p.m.
ibshame said...

Jack Dennis there are plenty of things that are legal that are far more harmful than marijuana. For example a dumba$$ with a gun on his hip walking into a family restaurant and he gets into an argument with another dumba$$ wearing a gun in the restaurant. Smoking marijuana is ten times less likely to be as harmful as that little scenario and you should be far more afraid of that happening than the so called "harm" caused by marijuana.

August 19, 2014 at 9:48 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Like I said shamed, Do. Not. Care. Spark one up. Your lungs.

August 19, 2014 at 9:58 p.m.
ibshame said...

Jack Dennis, I did in my youth but too old for that now. The only use I would have for it now would be for medicinal purposes such as glaucoma. I have several friends who claim it helps them. Fortunately, I don't have Glaucoma but it's good to know.

August 19, 2014 at 10:16 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

Seems to be true, re glaucoma.

August 19, 2014 at 11:03 p.m.
Landgrabbr said...

Gentlemen,

Funny...I step away for a month or so, come back and it is the same old people exchanging the same tired, hate-filled, personal insults. Do you guys realize that you are sick! Damn, quit that $h!t. Are you not tired yet?

On the same note but different venue, why are we discussing with so much fervor, the killing, justified or not, of this negro in MO? We have a young TN white lady who was found dead inside a mineshaft in CA and nothing is mentioned. No comments? Poor young girl. Oh wait, she was pregnant? Damn let us find the killer! Poor, poor, sweet, young girl. Pregnant with another mans' baby? Uhhh? Ran off with her lover, you say? No big deal. She had to find herself. Dead... Justified or unjust?

Let me see, one dead for insubordination and the other for deceit. Did they deserve to die? Double standard? The answer is yes or no, communally.

Do we give a care about our youth dying or only pose when convenient?

August 19, 2014 at 11:09 p.m.
TheJackDennis said...

<< Rove, Alprova. Uncanny resemblance.

August 19, 2014 at 11:18 p.m.
Ki said...

A retired chief of police once said some years ago:

"There will come a day america will have to disarm its police force"

August 19, 2014 at 11:21 p.m.
Ki said...

Landgrabbr, there's no comparison, though tragic it is the young woman lost her life in such a way. Maybe tfp will write an opinion on domestic violence or something.

August 19, 2014 at 11:25 p.m.
Maximus said...

Fairmon...good webmd stuff on pot. Legalizing pot an obvious "Democratic" anti-children initiative, is a loser for all Americans. Legalizing pot like illegal immigration will simply create more Democrat parasites on the guvment welfare tit like Alprova.

Ibshame is most definitely a loser stone with low T. Lost his man card long ago. Sings soprano if you know what I mean.

The primary lesson that everyone should learn from the Ferguson, MO cluster furck.....Never, ever, live in a Democrat zip code!

August 19, 2014 at 11:29 p.m.
Landgrabbr said...

No comparison??? You are blind man! You just said it! "Tragic" that the young lady lost her life? What about the young man from MO? Was not his death "tragic"? Ohhh, I forgot he was just a negro...

Damn, you necks are a cold bunch. You mean you do not see the race card but twisted and perverted?

Crap, now I know why I left...

August 19, 2014 at 11:35 p.m.
Landgrabbr said...

Swear to god!!! Look at the toon again! Do you guys not notice that the 3 crackers have all cards and the brother only three? Do you not get it - only a cracker can play a card without getting hurt...

I am just going to take my bags, buy a couple guns, swim back over the Rio, dose and trip all the way home. You know what is funny, you guys think I am kidding... Let it be know that I only felt an overwhelming obligation to the literary world to touch all pertinent topics discussed today...

August 19, 2014 at 11:50 p.m.
alprova said...

Maximyth wrote: "Legalizing pot like illegal immigration will simply create more Democrat parasites on the guvment welfare tit like Alprova."

Mr. Pathological Liar, if you have a job and If you pay any taxes, which is certainly a matter of debate, I'm not costing you a dime, but you get back to me in about ten years when what I put into the system runs out, if I am still alive, which I plan to be.

August 19, 2014 at 11:55 p.m.
alprova said...

Landgrabbr, I understand what you are whining about, but it's funny what people take notice of in the news and what it takes to rile some people up.

A lover killing his neighbor with whom he had an affair with just doesn't quite seem to grab people's attention the way a potential race related killing does.

I remember last year, when the baby was killed in his stroller on a street in Savannah or Brunswick, the exact town escapes my memory. The mother and the baby's father were suspected at one point, because stranger killings of children are so rare.

That one was however on the level and two black boys stood trial for the murder of that white baby boy. "Where was Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson when that was all going down," was all I heard from my conservative family members and acquaintances.

"Why didn't Barack Obama get on national T.V. and exclaim that that white baby boy could have been his son?"

I have to admit, that people had a very good point to make there.

What captures people's attention varies from day to day. A dead Marine's wife, although pregnant and found in a drain pipe, is not sensational because we as a nation have become desensitized to many murders.

Michael Brown's death became national news due to the possibility that he was gunned down in an unusual and cruel manner by a cop.

As the past week and few days have passed, eyewitness testimony has once again proven to be the least reliable method of getting to the truth.

That too has been a focus of this case and why it has captured national attention.

August 20, 2014 at 12:08 a.m.
Ki said...

alprova/Landgrabbr

The reason martin/Zimmerman went national, even international, wasn't so much as what Zimmerman did, but what the Sanford fl police failed to do. The story had actually pretty much remained a logical one until the Sanford police chief announced they were closing the case without so much as a real investigation. They'd already given Zimmerman Hus gun back. That's when a few human rights org.and others stepped in to create online petition drives and other methods to get the story out. Otherwise, Zimmerman would have been out and about casing, stalking, confronting and possibly killing his next victim. In all of the other cases mentioned, even the one about the pregnant military and her lover, someone was arrested and has been or will be held accountable. In the Zimmerman case that didn't happen, and in the Michael Brown tragedy it looks like thus cop, Darren Wilson, will likely walk too. Karma may one day be his only judge.

August 20, 2014 at 11:23 a.m.
please login to post a comment

videos »         

photos »         

e-edition »

advertisement
advertisement

Find a Business

400 East 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403
General Information (423) 756-6900
Copyright, Permissions, Terms & Conditions, Privacy Policy, Ethics policy - Copyright ©2014, Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Chattanooga Publishing Company, Inc.